10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

Economics 101

I believe price will be in equilibrium based on demand and supply. Supply cannot by itself define an equilibrium.

For example: sellers may want $500 for ge but how many buyers will be at that level. If there are not enough buyers then sellers will have to reduce no matter what. If seller price it too high then the demand curve might itself shift hereby leading to even further erosion in demand.

Depends on the thought process of the seller. If he mistakenly thinks that it costs him nothing to hold it for any duration, then at some point, he(or a group of such individuals) will be the only supply on the market

• Like 1

GE looks better than FB -- gotta be worth something.

I do wonder about that. Personally, I find FB to be the worst of all the modulars. Not only do I find the building looks a bit dull and small, but some of the building techniques -- the flag made of bricks instead of the GE's flag pieces, the awful looking tree -- leave me scratching my head a bit. I'm sure others feel differently, but if I could have all modulars except one, it would be an easy decision to exclude the FB.

• Like 1

Depends on the thought process of the seller. If he mistakenly thinks that it costs him nothing to hold it for any duration, then at some point, he(or a group of such individuals) will be the only supply on the market

i thought the condition was we were talking about "investors" not a "hoarder".

if we talk about investors then "opportunity cost is/has to be accounted" . if OC outweighs the investment then time to get out!

this assumes a limit on capital.

again with investment its ROI hence whether capital is limited or unlimited its allocated based on return. it does not matter whether capital is limited or not. in reality there is always a limit on capital. if capital was infinite then no one need to buy anything over time. they can just make a orders for 200 HH or 200PS in a day probably and be done with it. i don't think walmart or target like will ban for ordering 200 of those items lets say last year.

the simple reason one has to go through the periodic accumulation is for the same reason there is limit on capital.

which means for example if second year return for FB is not 30% its more efficient to allocate capital to something that gives 30% ..

Doesn't it feel good to have reached your target for a set?  You get to watch all those panic posts, and just be like "Yeah, already got me some of that."

It feels good when you reached your target for a specific set before all the panic posts start. Then you can sit back and watch a lot of people scrambling to get one set.

• Like 2

In UK, it was 'expected ship date 30th Oct', so I ordered 1 more yesterday (only had 1) with a Santas Workshop the Mrs wanted - all in the same order.

Today it's gone to 'available now' - the Grand Emporium is marked as shipped, with the Santas workshop and Elves feebie still 'in progress'....

In UK, it was 'expected ship date 30th Oct', so I ordered 1 more yesterday (only had 1) with a Santas Workshop the Mrs wanted - all in the same order.

Today it's gone to 'available now' - the Grand Emporium is marked as shipped, with the Santas workshop and Elves feebie still 'in progress'....

Looks like it's gone back to 4th Nov ship date now, along with TH and PS.

Edited by tractorboy

It feels good when you reached your target for a specific set before all the panic posts start. Then you can sit back and watch a lot of people scrambling to get one set.

Doesn't it feel good to have reached your target for a set?  You get to watch all those panic posts, and just be like "Yeah, already got me some of that."

Or you can buy some more and join the feeding frenzy for the fun of it. 

I've reached my goal awhile ago.... but I can't resist buying something that everyone seems to want to get their hands on.............................................................. I need help..........  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Edited by legokent

I've reached my goal awhile ago.... but I can't resist buying something that everyone seems to want to get their hands on.............................................................. I need help..........  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

LOL I do the same thing. I was just told by a fellow collector/investor that I have a problem after all my spending this month. Maybe I do need help?

Got my second GE from Oct. 14th WM order today. This was the last of two. Interestingly the first one came in a huge box w/ lots of brown paper. Actual front of GE has a good size tear from where sticker was on front.

Second one came in small box that allows for GE box to fit snugly inside. Nothing else could fit in there. I will actually have to turn cardboard box upside down to remove it. This one arrived minty fresh.

Both 36 R4.

Edited by pstebbing