10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

really dancin' that banhammer devil today - put in my 17th GE order from shop at home this yer and for the first time in 3 months, using my VIP - yikes.

already made it to "in process".

this set is from 2010.  if you think you will have an opportunity to buy this set in 2015, I have to agree with you but you will be paying north of $350.

Back to "call to check for availability" so the song and dance continues. Also, the PS is on backorder 30 days out.

I was going to until next payday for PS but I think the domino effect is going on so pulled the plug on one this morning. You can thank me for advancing the backorder date!

Just to make sure I got this right. This set that is available at TRU, Walamrt and Lego and was just in production that we know of a few weeks ago. Is going to completely vanish forever soon? Is that about right?

Happened to FB. And what do you mean by "is available at TRU, Walamrt". Being available for 10-30 minutes does not qualify as "available". And no, GE is not available at LEGO Shop at Home.

SSD was also available at TRU and Walmart days before flipping to "retired"

Edited by No More Monkeys

When I look at the inventory of Amazon sellers, I feel that the Lego pool is just too small for these big crocodiles.

With hundreds of T1, GE..., these crazy guys cleaned everything.   :sorry:

BTW, Town hall is gone everywhere in one day. I don't even have the budget to grab one.

Wow. If anything watching the constantly changing stock statuses for all modulars has been pretty entertaining. I missed out on TH, but I guess a couple GE and PS will be good enough! Now if you could all do me a favor and go wipe out TB as well I would be very appreciative!

There is nothing to back it up (on retirement) but the Toys ****** Bricks website headline says this:

10211 Grand Emporium Officially Sold Out & Retired

I think we're on the same page with regard to GE.  In other words, done or just about.  In spite of all the reseller inventory that's presumably out there, I have high hopes for it.  Every lego town needs at least one department store...

Not to mention combining two is even better

I agree! That is something rarely talked about with this set. Serious builders/collectors will want 3 or 4 of these to make a super/mega GE. Some good examples out there already, I especially like the one where a guy did an inverted corner with 2 or 3 GE's. I wish Lego would have shown a picture of a larger combined GE on the box like they did with the Cafe Corner box. I'm not about to open another CC but will probably add to our GE someday.