10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

Who was the seller, Amazon or third party?  Did the description say anything about wear, dings, etc. on the box (if you bought it from AWD, then the description should have told you these things).  If there was nothing in the description indicating that the box was damaged, then for a $150 set you should definitely call and complain.

It was sold by Amazon.com LLC. Condition is described as "New", nothing else.

Just received the GE that I ordered from Amazon on September 18.

It is slightly banged up.

And the seal looks tampered with.

Is it worth filing a complaint with Amazon's customer service? Thanks in advance for the advice!

P.S. The production code is 27R4.

Mine arrived in worse condition than this and I'm ok with it.  Can't be too choosy at this point, our buying options are limited.

• Like 2

The only thing I agree on is that the price for GE is higher than FB on similar points of time. GE will never ever reach the ROI of FB.

you are assuming that the company has produced a lot more GE than FB. Also need to consider than GE is a corner unit, and like straight train tracks, corner units will have higher utility.

Most likely, Lego made a big batch of these to fill backorders, and then posted the rest on its site.  The reason they haven't sold out yet is people like us worried about being banned.  

I agree completely since many told us their summer backorders were just shipping in the last week, I think that they filled the backorders have posted left overs and when these are gone they are gone, similar to the one more SSD shipment we had with some popping up and then gone.  They probably have more GE than SSD for the same time point but I think this will be over sooner than people think.

The only thing I agree on is that the price for GE is higher than FB on similar points of time. GE will never ever reach the ROI of FB.

That's an interesting view.  I think that the Grand Emporium is a superior build and looking at my handy dandy BP price guide shows that the FB was selling UNDER US retail nearing its end of life and the Grand Emporium has been over US RRP all of this year and has been 20% or more over retail beginning in June 2014 (now at +40%).  It really seems to be trending towards a long steady growth and my guess is more profit long term than the Fire Brigade - my opinion of course.

Also, someone noted that the GE was the first with an interior design - the FB has an interior design and was a 2009 model.

That's an interesting view.  I think that the Grand Emporium is a superior build and looking at my handy dandy BP price guide shows that the FB was selling UNDER US retail nearing its end of life and the Grand Emporium has been over US RRP all of this year and has been 20% or more over retail beginning in June 2014 (now at +40%).  It really seems to be trending towards a long steady growth and my guess is more profit long term than the Fire Brigade - my opinion of course.

Also, someone noted that the GE was the first with an interior design - the FB has an interior design and was a 2009 model.

I don't disagree that GE can be the superior build,  It will grow for sure at a steady rate.

It's been a short while since I have picked up this 'business' but it was already noticed that there are far more people aware of the value of Lego. A lot of people have been searching the passing years for other investments. And they buy shitloads of those GE. GE is the set I have most of (of big ones) so I believe in its potential. The secondary market for Lego is becoming oversaturated for the 'local' customer base. I'm sure  that if Ed or Jeff could disclose numbers of unique searches on their value lookup, it would reflect that.

The margins you will be able to sell for will be slimmer than the margins you had on a fb just because more investors now then back then. 

Both sets are probably great sets. I am still waiting on my second hand baseplate for my second hand GE to build it and display.