10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

I picked up two more on Thursday form, when Amazon had them in stock. Unfortunately one resembles a pancake. They have a seal code of 27R4 for those who are interested. Since they are sold out, Amazon offered me 10% off the total order.  They have given me up to 20% in the past, but I am not going to push my luck. $270 for two is fair to me.

I picked up two more on Thursday form, when Amazon had them in stock. Unfortunately one resembles a pancake. They have a seal code of 27R4 for those who are interested. Since they are sold out, Amazon offered me 10% off the total order.  They have given me up to 20% in the past, but I am not going to push my luck. $270 for two is fair to me.

So you contacted them after you received the package to complain?

Even more telling! If they still show clearly discontinued items, then removed ones must be REALLY discontinued. :P

In all seriousness though, it was there last week as far as I can remember.

listing removal means nothing.

if they find some in their stock-room or back of any store they will bring the listing up. we have all seen that with the SSD listing that went away and keep coming back for more :D

Even more telling! If they still show clearly discontinued items, then removed ones must be REALLY discontinued. :P

In all seriousness though, it was there last week as far as I can remember.

Not necessarily... The Grimlock and Soundwave masterpiece Transformers disappeared from the site only to reappear another day. Soundwave did it once or twice, Grimlock has done it three times already if I'm remembering correctly.

Who knows what they're doing with that FB listing, but it has clearly been left behind by accident at this point.

They couldn't even make Tumbler to be available by Christmas and you are expecting them to do anything about GE? well, maybe they are managing existing stock (27R4) creatively...

I don't expect any to show up in stores, but I think that they will be available for a brief period of time on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. My guess would be for them to make enough GE to sell during that time period.

And while we are talking EOL open speculation, I'm at 8 GE's and thought I was done, should I get more now from LEGO Shop at Home if you were me?

I'm tempted to buy more, BUT I think I would rather stock up on R2 D2's in case it does go I am wondering if R2 D2 will perform better if you are looking at a 2-3 year window.

I think I'd rather have 8 GE's and 8 R2's than 10 GE's and 6 R2's.

I know everyone has a lot of variables in their decision, not looking for a thrashing, looking for if anyone is yeah yea for sure R2 over GE or for sure GE over R2 in personal opinion in why.

Of course by the time you respond GE will probably poof.

SAH has grand emporium, expected ship date October 5, limit of 2.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Grand-Emporium-10211

TLG and LEGO Shop at Home are playing the sold-out; out-of-stock card really well. all they have to do is put a sold-out; out-of-stock and directly and/or indirectly push that news.

masses will be rushing to hoard the set.  :D

i am beginning to feel that while they are going to play this card and keep pumping out some sets, others are going to quietly vanish behind the scene.

I heard that! Honestly i have had an account open for awhile now and got into it a bit more recently. I follow anything that has limits and don't ever buy a bunch at once except this one time. I never knew I could get banned on 7/30 when I ordered. After listening to some of the stories here I'm hoping that I am down on the ban list somewhat.

Anyone think that in the super long term this set could be worth more than Fire Brigade or Haunted House? It's a pretty impressive looking building.

I'd like to think so but from collectors point of view, what would be a priority? I would say every city needs a fire hall over a mall but the GE looks impressive. On top of that I think the TH will do well in the 2ndary for the same reason, everyone needs a town hall in their city. It's also a great spot for the delorean to hang out with the clock tower. :D
  • Like 2