10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

So I have 2 on my way from lego to begin to ship on September 28. Now if The GE is still available in September, can I cancel my previous order and get the September space minifigure?

If I do this, (if they are availible) could lego cancel my order due to not enough grand emporiums?

Should I do this.

call them and ask. can't hurt to try.

So I have 2 on my way from lego to begin to ship on September 28. Now if The GE is still available in September, can I cancel my previous order and get the September space minifigure?

If I do this, (if they are availible) could lego cancel my order due to not enough grand emporiums?

Should I do this.

From my experience they can do that but they will put you in that point of the line when your order is replaced. So if it there is low stock at that time you could lose your set

Weird... Amazon.es doesn't have it available to ship right away but it can be ordered

Why is it weird ?

Amazon doesn't work like LEGO Shop at Home

Each european amazon website (.es, .de, .fr, .it, .co.uk, etc.) has its own stock in its own country.

Prices of the items sold can vary because of business competition in each country.

That's why you have differents deals for the same set on differents amazon websites: http://brickset.com/buy/amazon

And each item you buy is shipped from the website's country.

For example I ordered a lego set on amazon.it(aly) two weeks ago and I received it here in france, and it was shipped from italy (and I had to pay some shipping fees).

LEGO Shop at Home doesn't work the same way: I don't know how many warehouses there are but they are considered as one unique warehouse by location (north america, europe...), and LEGO send items to whatever european country, in all europe. Last week I ordered a set by phone and I received a box shipped from Netherlands.

GRRRRRR. I did it yesterday. I completely forgot about it. Can I cancel my order and order again?

Somebody asked this question on the previous page and got a couple replies.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/8285-10211-grand-emporium-eol/?p=320798

You could just call and see if they would add it to your order too, since you missed it by a day.

Should I do this.

call them and ask. can't hurt to try.

From my experience they can do that but they will put you in that point of the line when your order is replaced. So if it there is low stock at that time you could lose your set

I called LEGO CS to try to do the same thing... Here was my response:

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm so sorry that the Grand Emporium you ordered back in July is still on backorder. I can see how this would be frustrating for you. We have recently received a high number of orders for this set and sadly, our warehouses just couldn't keep up with the demand.

While I definitely understand where you're coming from in asking for the Spaceman gift with purchase, unfortunately, we would not be able to honor that promotion for you. Promotions are only valid for the month you made a purchase in. This policy is in place to be fair to all consumers. 

If you'd like, we'd be happy to cancel your current order and you can order again in September to get the Spaceman. However, I would not be able to guarantee that we would still have inventory of the Grand Emporium.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I'll just re-order in September to get the Spaceman promo. Pretty disappointed that they decided not to add the promo, especially since I wanted the Spaceman one way or another. Normally LEGO Shop at Home CS is really good about accomidating for things like this, so I'm pretty surprised by the response I got.

This does make it sound as though it is getting really close to going EOL!

Or it could be the Brickpicker affect. Since the Fire Brigade went EOL last year, all the Brickpickers are expecting the GE to retire this year, and are buying up all the stock that they can find.

Or it could be the Brickpicker affect. Since the Fire Brigade went EOL last year, all the Brickpickers are expecting the GE to retire this year, and are buying up all the stock that they can find.

I tend to think GE is basically EOL, but this could certainly be either the Brickpicker effect (as you describe above), or the anti-Brickpicker effect (where Lego fakes EOL on the GE and then abruptly halts production of the PS instead, just out of spite).

GE is EOL. Here alot of retailers do not carry them anymore. Production is done. The ones that are still around are the last ones remaining. Maybe Lego can sing it out till Xmas, maybe not. Yes, it is a brickpicker effect that it goes so fast. But I believe Lego cut the decision and the production lines are cleared already and in use to produce other sets. Just my humble $0.02

• Like 2

Just received my walmart order that I placed July 31. Never had any issues with their packaging until today. I've read on the forums on how bad their packaging can be. Since they were both opened, I checked to see if they were complete. One was missing a #1 bag and the other one was complete. Figured I'd keep the complete one to build. Will be returning the other one.

Never experienced it until now. Expecting 2 more GE from them, hoping for the best. 

So I'm sure this has been brought up in another thread, but it makes me wonder. If you order 2 GEs, does Walmart only keep them in the original LEGO carton if you order site-to-store pickup? I did the pickup option and they were thankfully still in the LEGO box.

I called LEGO CS to try to do the same thing... Here was my response:

I'll just re-order in September to get the Spaceman promo. Pretty disappointed that they decided not to add the promo, especially since I wanted the Spaceman one way or another. Normally LEGO Shop at Home CS is really good about accomidating for things like this, so I'm pretty surprised by the response I got.

I'm going to cancel my order and reorder today so I can get both promotions then order 2 more in september.

So I'm sure this has been brought up in another thread, but it makes me wonder. If you order 2 GEs, does Walmart only keep them in the original LEGO carton if you order site-to-store pickup? I did the pickup option and they were thankfully still in the LEGO box.

I ordered four Tower Bridges from walmart.com awhile back, and they shipped them (to my home) in two LEGO cartons, each holding two sets.  They arrived in decent shape.  I think it's with odd-numbered quantities that you start risking the dreaded "slap a FedEx label on the Lego set and ship that puppy out!"

• Like 1