10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

It is only an opinion but this modular set may end up being hoarded/purchased more than any other modular due to increasing hype far above FB at this point with a 3-4 month lag of sold out titles, especially if it stays in stock until the New Year.  I believe FB's original price point above the other modulars and it's basic Fire Station genre may have turned more people than previously thought off purchasing too many because it cost more, was just a simple fire station which we've all seen dozens of in other sets including City, and lack of detail inside. The same might be said about the current Town Hall as it currently sits at $200 and few care about it.  Knowing the rapid increase of Fire Brigade at a $100 increase in less than 12 months there is a chance that GE having sit as the top seller for Lego several days alone last week before returning for another production run while more limited in overall in-production years may be a far more purchased set. Many investors and collectors have only found this site within the last year or two and among those I know a few who purchase several dozen sets just for themselves, and they don't have several dozen Fire Brigades even when Emazers was pushing them and warning before EOL.  The Fire Brigades are already going for $300 on Fleabay. The corner building appeal doesn't really have weight imo as most modular pictures show a strait line of buildings whether modified or original.  Who in the pictures you've seen builds a town in squares rather than putting their Buildings in a strait line along the wall so that they can gaze at them??  Either way, this set is good and I have some but I don't think it will fetch near what some of the other Modulars may end up fetching in 5-8 years when 10 more modular sets will have been released, especially when newer modulars have better character(Parisian Restaurant and Pet Shop) or are a must for any group of buildings whether a small town or a large MOC layout(Town Hall, Fire Brigade). The GE is kind of on it's own, and I kind of wonder what it will really do, I hope it's a home run but I don't see it being better long term than Fire Brigade, I hope someone can show me the error of thinking.

Great post regardless what happens with this set!

We will too if you had some. Someday.

I got a couple. I am not panic buying any more right now, because I truly believe this will be available into next year. If not, well, like I said, I got a couple. And considering the millions that were hoarded, I will probably have to hold that couple a few more years to make any money.

I got a couple. I am not panic buying any more right now, because I truly believe this will be available into next year. If not, well, like I said, I got a couple. And considering the millions that were hoarded, I will probably have to hold that couple a few more years to make any money.

Doubtful if you look at the FB outcome.