10211 - Grand Emporium

rcdb1984

Disagree. Drink, smoke, meet girls, meet your future best friends. Immerse yourself in the social life, youll never have this much freedom again. Abandon materialism, have fun!

I had much more freedom after 30 than until 16. And IGNORING most of what you suggest at any time in your life is the better way in my opinion, especially concerning the first two

haha thing Is I enjoy making money and never spend the money I make it is just saved up and accumulated. Investing in lego and selling on ebay is literally my life. 

Good for you King! There is a tonne of wealth being created with ecommerce right now and I am glad you are getting a piece of the action. My only advice is do not limit yourself to Lego and do not limit yourself to ebay. I am pming you a link you will find invaluable.

Good for you King! There is a tonne of wealth being created with ecommerce right now and I am glad you are getting a piece of the action. My only advice is do not limit yourself to Lego and do not limit yourself to ebay. I am pming you a link you will find invaluable.

I want the link too....  :o

Please....?

haha thing Is I enjoy making money and never spend the money I make it is just saved up and accumulated. Investing in lego and selling on ebay is literally my life. 

That's great! For investing I would suggest you save some money and get into the stock market when the stocks go bad. Diversify your investments. The thrill of getting stocks on the cheap is as great as getting GE's on a discount. During the financial crisis, one of the stocks I got was BAC for about $3, now it is about $16. For 10 shares, that's almost like getting GE's for $30 whereas it sometimes show up in retail at ~$160 after tax. (I didn't get much though.....I was so scared the bank would die). That was the fun side. The bad sad was I also got a lot of Lehman Brothers that eventually went bankrupt.......hmm........ wait I don't think you should listen to my advice..........I think I'm more of a gambler than an investor.........I also play a lot of Texas hold'em......hmm......I need to call 1-800-gambler............

Overall I did make quite a profit from the crisis. If you really like to invest be on the look out for investing opportunities in the stock market also. But I really suggest you work hard on your academics. Get a good job that brings in at least $100,000 a year and do all this on the side. 

Edited by legokent

Guys try to keep this thread on topic. I come here for GE updates; college funds, alternate listing sites and stocks are for another thread.

I agree, Could we please direct Off-Topic stuff to other threads. It defeats the purpose of having a thread for a particular set when other irrelevant off topic posts creep in.

I don't think GE will do very good after EOL. It's been bought too many by people and much more by Lego investors.

I agree.  People thought the Fire Brigade was one of the first modulars stockpiled for resale.  More investors = more stockpiling = longer holding time for smaller profits for most future modulars.

I agree.  People thought the Fire Brigade was one of the first modulars stockpiled for resale.  More investors = more stockpiling = longer holding time for smaller profits for most future modulars.

I think before the latest batch(es) the Mack's indicated the GE was a little more hoarded than the FB...I want to say about 10% more? That was before recent runs and even more stockpiling, so I think the FB growth trajectory provides a good indicator of post EOL value. If you think because it is a corner and/or it is just better than FB, maybe you think it will do slightly better. If you think it is now (likely?) the single most hoarded modular, it might be even slower to grow than FB. I believe the latter (although I hope for the former).

Even if GE is the most hoarded set, am I the only one to think the number of new AFOL that just got interested in modulars sets from buying parisan restaurants and the newer sets will offset the amount of extra hoarding?

This touches on the point I want to make.

The statements regarding how many people have purchased or hoarded GE and how it will affect the market doesn't take into account the vast number of new lego fans there are each day.(including AFOLs) I'd be interested to know how many new members joined BP since the last modular officially retired. While there are more people investing in LEGO these days vs back in the GG days I still think it can be offset by the new fan base. We all started somewhere and we all get really excited about different Legos. This excitement and desire to have "THAT" lego is what we count on and what will fuel our ROI.

I do hope GE does well. It may take 4 years to get into the $400 mark but most of us have positioned ourselves to wait that long.

• Like 1

This touches on the point I want to make.

The statements regarding how many people have purchased or hoarded GE and how it will affect the market doesn't take into account the vast number of new lego fans there are each day.(including AFOLs) I'd be interested to know how many new members joined BP since the last modular officially retired. While there are more people investing in LEGO these days vs back in the GG days I still think it can be offset by the new fan base. We all started somewhere and we all get really excited about different Legos. This excitement and desire to have "THAT" lego is what we count on and what will fuel our ROI.

I do hope GE does well. It may take 4 years to get into the $400 mark but most of us have positioned ourselves to wait that long.

Plus you failed to mention that resellers profits are funding even bigger purchases. That said I think the GE will perform well, even if it means waiting longer to get the desired price.

Earlier this year i built this GE Mod:

attachicon.gifGE4.JPG

attachicon.gifGE5.JPG

I wonder how this Mod, especially the straight GE in the middle will perform. Any thoughts from you brickpicker guys? 

First of all: I really like what you did there! Great job!

I guess it won't perform spectacular though.

Collectors mostly are looking for original Sets rather than MOCs.

But who knows, you might get lucky since I guess that it still includes 2-3 GE? + I can't be the only one who loves it! ;-)

But for what price are you aiming exactly?