9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

I have a feeling that this set will only be available at LEGO and Amazon. It seems as though the big box stores want to stay away from any sort of controversy. Walmart and TRU went as far as wiping their website clean of any record of this set. I guess it is completely understandable from a business perspective for them. Why would they risk losing customers over a LEGO set, regardless of how unfounded the accusations are? The only question now is will Amazon ever sell this set below retail again?

Could this mean that they will end production in late 2013 but expect it to be on the shelves until early 2014?

I interpreted the '2014' usage to mean there'll be no production of the set in 2014, nothing more than that.

Realistically, yes it's still going to be on shelves in early 2014. But if the quotes are accurate, then they're in fact ending production run at end of 2013 (therefore no production runs in 2014), see here: http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/04/03/lego-were-scrapping-star-wars-toy-but-not-because-of-muslim-backlash/?hpt=hp_c3

I honestly hope (just to mix things up) that Lego doesn't restock these, and that they are all gone from regular retailers in the next couple months. That could be a fun increase for us.

What do you mean about LEGO restocking them? Not sure I understand. LEGO is continuing production run until end of 2013, at least.

I'm now even seeing local craigslist ads claiming this set is "discontinued and banned". It gave me a laugh. But whatever causes some hysteria over this set is fine with me, I've got a few that I'd be more than happy selling this next Christmas when they're BANNED!!!

Haha yep, they will be worth even more by then, or even by Christmas 2014!