9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

I bet TLG is cranking up production as we speak to keep up with demand. Suckas.

Suckas?

I don't really understand why so many people in this thread have been so... negative. Some have even been angry. This is a whole website designed to help members ultimately make money by understanding the market.

THIS HAS BEEN AWESOME the last few days. I'm going to end up making a ROI of 25+% on my money in less than a week. Everyone should be excited... not pissed because they missed on this quick gain.

My God someone was just talking about scamming the sellers because of false advertising. Be happy people, the bottom line is that BP members are making money. This is a community win.

If you or Emes want any if ny last 4 let me know hahaha. $105/ea and I'll drop off.

Bubble coming soon methinks.

I have enough......I stocked up before all this ridiculous crap happened, I have always thought this set will be a long term winner!!!you should have sold them and bought more later

If you or Emes want any if ny last 4 let me know hahaha. $105/ea and I'll drop off.

Bubble coming soon methinks.

Thanks brother, but I'm good on this one. I had some of these before this started and I think my average price is around $82 once the Target Red Card is factored in. I grabbed a couple more out here in San Jose on a price match at Target again in the ~85 range. My feel is that these are good long-term prices even if this set comes back into stock in huge numbers in the short-term.

My plan with this all along is to package it with Rancor Pits and sell as a unit a year or so down the road. My original plan was longer term, but based on this, I might sell these much much sooner. We'll see what happens, but my personal feel is that once the current stock is depleted this one is done. I'm basing that on nothing other than a company selling out of a 100% of something is a really good thing, and TLG would have had plans all along to shift production at different times to different sets, so who knows if they have the capacity to quickly start producing thousands of Jabba's Palaces to meet this sudden demand??

I agree with your other sentiment. We should all as a community be happy about this. I've never felt it's my role to have an opinion about consumer psychology...rather, I'm happy when I can take advantage of it and profit from it.

Funny this should come up, because this isn't the only consumer hype my wife has been making tons of money on this week. Search for "Sephora Cinderella Disney Compact" on eBay and you'll see what I'm talking about. They're selling for around $120 right now and we have about 50 left. There's another limited edition similar to that being sold right now, and it's going to do the same thing in a couple of months. Makeup items are much easier to store, and the return is often much greater and occurs in a shorted time than most LEGO items.

Funny this should come up, because this isn't the only consumer hype my wife has been making tons of money on this week. Search for "Sephora Cinderella Disney Compact" on eBay and you'll see what I'm talking about. They're selling for around $120 right now and we have about 50 left. There's another limited edition similar to that being sold right now, and it's going to do the same thing in a couple of months. Makeup items are much easier to store, and the return is often much greater and occurs in a shorted time than most LEGO items.

Is there a site where selling cosmetics is discussed, similar to how selling LEGO is discussed here?

lol, I got this "question" sent to my eBay account regarding a Jabba's Palace listing: "Hahaha all you guys are just racing to the bottom on prices! You've got to be loosing money at this point. Or spending an hour to make three or four bucks, after eBay Fees & PayPal Fees & boxes and packaging. Why don't you message each other to make some money!" Funny, this guy has the time to just message random people and make assumptions based on nothing while at the same time criticize how much time I spend doing whatever it is I choose to do.

lol, I got this "question" sent to my eBay account regarding a Jabba's Palace listing:

"Hahaha all you guys are just racing to the bottom on prices! You've got to be loosing money at this point. Or spending an hour to make three or four bucks, after eBay Fees & PayPal Fees & boxes and packaging. Why don't you message each other to make some money!"

Funny, this guy has the time to just message random people and make assumptions based on nothing while at the same time criticize how much time I spend doing whatever it is I choose to do.

LOL, I got the same message!

Is there a site where selling cosmetics is discussed, similar to how selling LEGO is discussed here?

There are some, but I have no idea what they are. It's generally not as well organized/focused as this site is. It's a target rich environment if anyone wanted to build such a thing that aggregated various information into one usable source. I personally don't want to do that. Ultimately there are many more products and manufacturers to consider and it would be a significant undertaking.

But what about the statement LEGO published about not stopping production at all until the end of the year as it was supposed to? Will they actually stop producing it before then?

LEGO still has them for sale, so I doubt that production has stopped, but can I guarantee that? No. I have three of them and four Rancor Pits. For me personally, it was just to make sure I had the equal amount of each set. But if by chance that this set is done, you are talking about a truly unique situation and possible great investment.

stupid question: the combinatio jabba+rancor pit increase the jabba's value very much?

lol, I got this "question" sent to my eBay account regarding a Jabba's Palace listing:

"Hahaha all you guys are just racing to the bottom on prices! You've got to be loosing money at this point. Or spending an hour to make three or four bucks, after eBay Fees & PayPal Fees & boxes and packaging. Why don't you message each other to make some money!"

Funny, this guy has the time to just message random people and make assumptions based on nothing while at the same time criticize how much time I spend doing whatever it is I choose to do.

That's an odd message. I guess he's thinking you bought it at full retail.

Funny I got that guys message too.

I guess we arevthe ones competing with each other on ebay hahaha.

I responded very nicely that his concerns were noted and then I encouraged him to buy a few from me since my pricing was "so low". :-)

I recommend you block him from buying anything from you. Sounds like he/she would be a troublesome buyer and could be out looking just to cause difficulty for people.

I have a policy with buyers. If they ask me a really dumb question, ask me to violate an eBay or PayPal policy, or are a smartass I block them. They're probably not people I want to do business with anyway....

I recommend you block him from buying anything from you. Sounds like he/she would be a troublesome buyer and could be out looking just to cause difficulty for people.

I have a policy with buyers. If they ask me a really dumb question, ask me to violate an eBay or PayPal policy, or are a smartass I block them. They're probably not people I want to do business with anyway....

Oh yeah I wouldn't sell him. But I was in a fiesty mood and wanted to rouse him a bit.

Nice suggestion, done. I had no idea one could actually block users, Thanks for the tip!

Oh yeah I wouldn't sell him. But I was in a fiesty mood and wanted to rouse him a bit.lol, I did pretty much the same thing