9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

From what I understand this set was going to go EOL at the end of 2013 regardless. They have a deal with Lucas that lets them sell the set until a certain point. This set may disappear soon if they don't decide to do another run of it, which is quite possible. But it is also still possible that they will decide to make more again, just because of the increase in popularity.

Man I don't know but I wish I wasn't such a good person... I had to fight down the urge to list one myself.

Thing is, he posted that is the box only very clearly, title and description. A lot of people sell the box only, specially in Bricklink so I don't think he is doing something wrong, just that those bidders seem to clicking the bid button with their eyes closed.

Then when they receive the item I assume they will complain and the seller will have to deal with those issues.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=271182886964

My God... I can't believe someone is bidding $77 for just this box. THE BOX!

Why people bid is beyond me. Can't think of any person who is interested in Legos who only buys the boxes. Maybe he is one of those sellers that sells new sets and instructions but the listing says "NO BOX INCLUDED". Maybe just trying to impress people...with the box, and sticks cereal (IMO he should do Cheerios) inside to make it sound like Legos.

Why people bid is beyond me. Can't think of any person who is interested in Legos who only buys the boxes. Maybe he is one of those sellers that sells new sets and instructions but the listing says "NO BOX INCLUDED". Maybe just trying to impress people...with the box, and sticks cereal (IMO he should do Cheerios) inside to make it sound like Legos.

Right, but why would he even bother when he clearly states there is no box included?. In this type of scenario, for example if I'm selling a damaged box item or something like that, what I usually do is just contact the winning bidder before shipping the item to ask him once again if he knows he is getting a damaged box item and to confirm me that is what he really wants (even though I clearly posted it in the description and with several pictures).

That way I know the person read the listing properly and avoid claims that they didn't know the box was damaged, etc.

It's sold out down most targets, TRU, and walmart e down south florida. You'd think they were EOL!

Or they were just currently out of stock because everyone made a run on it because they think it is going EOL. I bet by next month things are fully stocked again, but eventually this could be a great set to invest in.

I only invest in them there racist legos - they done do appreciate in value much better. Merica! (says in southern redneck voice) ;)

Or they were just currently out of stock because everyone made a run on it because they think it is going EOL. I bet by next month things are fully stocked again, but eventually this could be a great set to invest in.

I only invest in them there racist legos - they done do appreciate in value much better. Merica! (says in southern redneck voice) ;)

LOL

A little over 100 back in stock at amazon at retail price. I wonder how many are returns from people who got them to try and make a quick profit, realized the buzz died down and then returned them

Haha, I'm willing to bet many of them were returned for that very reason.