9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

Nice suggestion, done. I had no idea one could actually block users, Thanks for the tip!

We have huge lists of blocked idiots. When they did away from neg feedback for buyers it really limited a seller's ability to avoid bad buyers. There are lists on the Internet that various sellers have produced of scammers or bad buyers. I don't place much value on those, and I'd consider them with a grain of salt. Anyone who ends up on our list is someone we personally dealt with that presented as someone that we didn't want to do business with.

Like about once per week there's always someone who doesn't understand how auctions work and asks for "a special price". My wife was selling a Louis Vuitton purse last week that had a bid of $1200, and some idiot messaged her wanting a special deal to buy it now. IMO that's never going to be someone that I want to do business with, so they go right on the excluded list.

Out of stock everywhere...even lego.shop.com....I found one on WM @95.96 (last one in my town) Look at this crazyness on eBay.... items sold http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_udlo=60&LH_BIN=1&LH_ItemCondition=3&LH_Sold=1&_sacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_nkw=LEGO+STAR+WARS+9516&_sop=13 and 200+ Listed: http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_udlo=60&LH_BIN=1&LH_ItemCondition=3&LH_Sold=1&_sacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_nkw=LEGO+STAR+WARS+9516&_sop=13 Whats gonna be next? Tell me.... trends for jabbas palace http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=lego jabbas palace

Anyone who didn't immediately sell off every one of these they had over the last 3 days really missed the boat. Timing is everything. I had a few already, and found 5 more at a couple targets nearby, and sold them all for $175 in a matter of hours over the course of tuesday/wednesday. I can now buy back all the originals, plus 5 *more* sets with the profits, over the rest of the year.

So I was just reading through this form -> (http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/3052/) and was hearing or reading rather that it's EOL, I thought it was going out like the end of the year or something! I was really hoping to get this set and I get paid tomorrow then I'd have enough to get it! I should try Barns & Noble. My Target's already sold out I think walmart is too! I wanted to get it off amazon for some cheap price, I guess thats not happening! :_(

Much as this is kind of a pain at the moment (I was enjoying being able to pick another of these up for around $90 at leisure), this whole brouhaha could be a big win for serious investors worried about "the bubble": 1. Mania for the set combined with recent media attention on LEGO investing fuels intense speculation on a mid-cycle set at MSRP. Lots of new "investors" see what they think is a can't-miss set. Temporary shortages spur this mentality as windows exist where sets are flippable at a small profit. Availability windows are short and major-retailer prices hew to MSRP. 2. Production catches up with demand just in time for the holidays, leading to a crash in prices when they should be highest; a fall-off in buyers at MSRP leaves retailers so flush with stock they have to discount it (again) by 20-25%, and third-party sales at cost drop off to nothing. 3. First-timers who spent $500 on four copies thinking they had a lock on $1k profit for Christmas instead panic and settle for a $100-150 loss, and are turned off of investment concept altogether. 4. Savvy investors absorb excess supply near the end of the product cycle, when the turnaround to profitability is the shortest. A "mini-bubble" like this localized to one particular set would be great for serious investors, as it'd sting a lot of people who are testing the waters while providing an opportunity for long-view sellers to get even more of a premium set at an even lower price. Bubble pops, new investors exit the market, the rest of us go back to being able to find something for half off once in a while. Obviously a lot of this depends on TLG's production decisions - if they decide they've moved enough units and it's good PR to let the set go EOL, there could be dramatic appreciation. If I had no copies of this set, I'd probably pick up a couple at or near MSRP as a hedge, knowing that the money might be stuck there for a while. As it is, I think I'll sit on what I've got and wait for discounted pricing before I go any deeper.

Guest AnnexBrett

This eBay craziness IMO is good script or rehearsal of what's gna happen when long-time-expected set like FB, DS, etc finally EOL...

So I was just reading through this form -> (http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/3052/) and was hearing or reading rather that it's EOL, I thought it was going out like the end of the year or something! I was really hoping to get this set and I get paid tomorrow then I'd have enough to get it! I should try Barns & Noble. My Target's already sold out I think walmart is too! I wanted to get it off amazon for some cheap price, I guess thats not happening! :_(

Don't worry buddy. It's not going to be discontinued earlier than what Lego originally planned for despite the controversy which is either around the end of this year or beginning of the next.

This craze won't last, I can tell you that. Either way, it wasn't as dramatic as the Minecraft one. I feel sorry for the buyers. No idea that they are throwing their money out the window!

Edit: Lol, look at THIS! Highest sold listing for Jabba's Palace. Nearly double what we could have gotten it for last week!

lol, I got this "question" sent to my eBay account regarding a Jabba's Palace listing:

"Hahaha all you guys are just racing to the bottom on prices! You've got to be loosing money at this point. Or spending an hour to make three or four bucks, after eBay Fees & PayPal Fees & boxes and packaging. Why don't you message each other to make some money!"

Funny, this guy has the time to just message random people and make assumptions based on nothing while at the same time criticize how much time I spend doing whatever it is I choose to do.

This reminds me of how I often get messages like "Hey, why would I buy this item from you when it is $5 cheaper at X website" or "Just so you know, this item is cheaper at Walmart."

I usually ignore such messages, but I'd like to respond with something like "You're so right. Every seller and retailer in the entire world should have the exact same prices at all times. I will change my price immediately so that your vision of how the world should work can come true."