9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

Lol This is the guy calling it a piece of Star Wars history...

Don't think anyone will bite (at least I hope not!), but I do feel bad for any/all who buy Jabba's Palace in the near-future at inflated prices because they get sucked in to the hype.

If they take a few moments to breath, they need to realize the production on this set will continue until end of 2013 at least. Gonna be plenty of Jabba's Palaces.

I was at my local Lego store today and the manager said it is retiring and no more reproduction. However, they're still getting new shipment, ten sets to be exact, to their store today. The manager seemed genuine and I figured with their 90 days return policy, it wouldn't hurt to get one at retail price. I would recommend getting one at the very least and you also earn double VIP points till April 8th.

Guest ph4tb0i

Just been thinking.. technically can't we scam, er "score" free jabba sets from all this false advertising on ebay? The set is still in production so it's technically covered under ebay's buyer protection..... Not sure I'm willing to try it but it could mean free Jabba's if eBay sides with you. :)

All the Lego employees always seem genuine.......doesn't change the fact that they don't know anything.

Let's hope that he was right this time :D

BTW, just checked on S&****, it says out of stock will be available on 4/19. Does it mean more are in the making?

I was at my local Lego store today and the manager said it is retiring and no more reproduction. However, they're still getting new shipment, ten sets to be exact, to their store today. The manager seemed genuine and I figured with their 90 days return policy, it wouldn't hurt to get one at retail price. I would recommend getting one at the very least and you also earn double VIP points till April 8th.

Unless this person got their own personal message from corporate, that is not what the email said for the rest of the managers.

Either way, I'm not really sure I believe anything when it comes to this set. I wouldn't be surprised if TLG told the managers one thing just so they wouldn't feed into any kind of hype about the set going away.

Unless this person got their own personal message from corporate, that is not what the email said for the rest of the managers.

Either way, I'm not really sure I believe anything when it comes to this set. I wouldn't be surprised if TLG told the managers one thing just so they wouldn't feed into any kind of hype about the set going away.

Exactly! In my opinion, chances are that people working inside Lego stores (managers and regular employees) have no idea what is truly happening with this set, or any sets for that matter. These are the same people/employees that have been telling many of us, all over the U.S., that the Death Star and Fire Brigade are going out soon. While I understand the situation with Jabba's Palace is different, I still don't think these employees know much more than we do. The employees at Lego Corporate are the only one's that truly know what is going to take place with this set in the future.

Amazon must have a "keep em comin'" relationship with TLG. 30 more just popped up in stock. Part of me wonders if these are from people who are refusing shipments now that the ebay price has come back down. I actually ordered one more (I had 2 I got when they were 85 dollars) and I am thinking of refusing the shipment tomorrow so I can get a refund. Not sure i want to pay full price for one of these even though I am not sure they will come back in stock at other B&M stores considering the trend walmart and Toys r us have set with pulling the web listings on these.

I just got sued because my mouth was open......

Hahah

Walmart.com has it back in stock at $95

Walmart is going to sell through those fast.

Is the demand for this set peaking or is the demand still rising due to the hype?

It seems demand is pretty strong BUT at retail price. I don't think many more will be selling above that at this point.