9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

My question is why isn't their issue with Lucas films??????

Exactly. Lucasfilms is the company who designed the palace in the first place. TLG just put it into a set form. This shows that the accusers really didn't have their facts straight before they made controversy over this set.

It amazes me that people are spending $150 + $15 shipping for this on eBay, when it's on shop at home for $120..........what is wrong with people???!!! Lol

I've also never seen so many one day auctions in my life haha

Still 38 left on Amazon too. I have no idea why someone would pay more to get it from eBay.

This is pretty funny. I really don't think most people know that S @ **** even exists. Think about it, most toys you can't really buy directly from the manufacturer. On a related note on this boom, I'm pretty sure that Friends Summer Riding Camp is like, uh, racist, or sexist. I'll come up with something. :-)

Based on what the Turkish community is complaining about, you could basically complain about most of the "Architecture" series. Lol, the Asian community could call it racism because most of the Lego minifigures have yellow skin.

Haha exactly! And that's like 90+% of all minifigures that exist, that have yellow skin lol

I would imagine that if you are going to try to do this, you better sell them fast. Once this panic ends, there will be a plethora of these out there and as others have said, the price is going to drop like a rock when people start undercutting each other. There's a guy on my local Craigslist who must have loaded up on Minecraft during the hype. He's now posting Minecraft sets on there everyday, doesn't look like he's moving them either because he dropped his price from 100 to 80, to 60 as of yesterday. I'm guessing he's going to have to just bite the bullet and sell them for MSRP or less sooner or later. For his sake, I hope he didn't buy too many of these.

I would imagine that if you are going to try to do this, you better sell them fast. Once this panic ends, there will be a plethora of these out there and as others have said, the price is going to drop like a rock when people start undercutting each other.

There's a guy on my local Craigslist who must have loaded up on Minecraft during the hype. He's now posting Minecraft sets on there everyday, doesn't look like he's moving them either because he dropped his price from 100 to 80, to 60 as of yesterday. I'm guessing he's going to have to just bite the bullet and sell them for MSRP or less sooner or later. For his sake, I hope he didn't buy too many of these.

Agree completely. In fact, at this point I wouldn't even think of trying to do this again. Maybe Amazon will run out soon and this period of high prices may extend a little. In the medium term however this is bound to come back to normal prices.

If you're just looking for a quick flip, yes, that could be a problem. But if you're looking at it from any type of longer term investment, it doesn't hurt to buy what you can now at retail or less since it will eventually be gone. In the end the set will be gone relatively soon and then the normal post production routine will kick in. It could take a while to realize great profits, but that's the new landscape.

If you're just looking for a quick flip, yes, that could be a problem. But if you're looking at it from any type of longer term investment, it doesn't hurt to buy what you can now at retail or less since it will eventually be gone. In the end the set will be gone relatively soon and then the normal post production routine will kick in. It could take a while to realize great profits, but that's the new landscape.

Right. I went ahead and bought one more at $88 with the intention of holding it long term after selling all the others.

Agreed. Regardless of the tanking this set may suffer if Lego continues to replenish, it will still end up going down years from now as a cult favorite due to this controversy. It's a nice set in and of itself from a display standpoint, and an important part of the ROTJ film. I'm sure it will see substantial gain as a vintage set. What I meant in my previous comment was that those looking to flip quick for a gain will probably need to do so fast, unless they plan on hanging on to a few sets. Hanging on is fine, but the goal for alot of these non-lego sellers is probably a quick flip, and if they can't do it fast they aren't going to want to sit on this set for years.

I have stayed away from star wars ( except for my secret stash of death stars, don't tell anyone I think I am the only one who bought a "few") should I get a few Jabba's pallaces at full retail or skip. I am assuming the stores are sold out but will this be big thing because of what happened or no big deal. As of last night lego still has them for 119 but with shipping and tax your looking at 130 a piece. Any thoughts?

I have stayed away from star wars ( except for my secret stash of death stars, don't tell anyone I think I am the only one who bought a "few") should I get a few Jabba's pallaces at full retail or skip. I am assuming the stores are sold out but will this be big thing because of what happened or no big deal. As of last night lego still has them for 119 but with shipping and tax your looking at 130 a piece. Any thoughts?

It's kind of hard to say at this point. Amazon just ran out of this set again, which I think may support higher eBay prices for a while, at least until someone restocks. It seems that not many people really know about S@H.

I bought and sold a couple today but at $88 and listed them as soon as I had them on hand because it is kind of expected that they will start showing up again at regular prices on Target, Walmart and so on.

If you want them as a long term investment, you can probably go ahead and buy them at retail. If you're looking for a quick flip then unless you can get them at a lower price I would not even try to get them at retail and hope to sell them for profit on eBay right now.

agreed. It wouldn't be a flip. I just know how sometimes people go crazy when a certain popular products gets disco for odd reasons. Remember the twinkies, I run a retail store and boy they went quick then they showed up on ebay. Absolutely crazy.

Then it wouldn't hurt to get a couple at retail if you don't have any yet. There is really no way to tell if this set is going to be discounted again or for how long it will really stay on the shelves. You can always return or get it price matched if it shows up discounted again in a month or two. Even at full retail, and I think more now than ever, this set will be a solid investment once it goes EOL. And we know for sure that will be this year.

I caved to the hype and bought another one for $95.96 at a local Wal-Mart. They still have 3 more on the shelves, so I'll watch this develop before I decide to get any more.

Wow, still on the shelves?! There must be too many investors in my area. I started calling and driving yesterday morning...all of the Targets and Wal-Marts had multiple people calling in.

I knew I had gone overboard trying to find them when I pulled up to a Target and saw a horse tied to a cart return:

http://instagram.com/p/XnlPcpLo2K/

Wow, still on the shelves?! There must be too many investors in my area. I started calling and driving yesterday morning...all of the Targets and Wal-Marts had multiple people calling in.

I knew I had gone overboard trying to find them when I pulled up to a Target and saw a horse tied to a cart return:

http://instagram.com/p/XnlPcpLo2K/

Same thing happened to me... the multiple people calling in... not the horse ties to a cart...

I had my target call two others to see if they had them. The first one they called didn't have any. The second one she called, the conversation went like this.

My Target: Hi, this is Melanie from Target. I have a guest here who is looking for a particular lego set

Person She called: Is it Jabba's Palace?

My Target: Yes

Person She Called: We don't have any.

Their online inventory is off in all 3 of those stores, which I figured it would be tough to find, but this was insane.