9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

I saw that too. That happens with the Minecraft sets too. I used to think it was because people added them to cart and didn't check out, but I Think that only happens with gold box deals, so not sure how it happens with normal sets like this, but who knows how many of these they are hanging on to right now. If these came back at their sale price of around $90.. They would have been gone in 10 minutes.

Its guys like you that are ruining the LEGO experience for guys like me. BRICKHOG!!!!!

Haha. Just blame everything on Ed. I bet he is the one that started this whole controversy over this set to drive up prices too ;)

I'm sure TLG is loving the added sales. I think the next sets to be attacked will be the Holiday sets. Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny is under attack in the US by secular progressives, so I can see issues with these sets at some point.

Its guys like you that are ruining the LEGO experience for guys like me. BRICKHOG!!!!!

Haha. Just blame everything on Ed. I bet he is the one that started this whole controversy over this set to drive up prices too ;)

I'm sure TLG is loving the added sales. I think the next sets to be attacked will be the Holiday sets. Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny is under attack in the US by secular progressives, so I can see issues with these sets at some point.

Well I am offended by the design of Fire Brigade set. It is red and the garage is too small. Everyone join me and urge LEGO to pull this set from the market. I have a few in stock and need to move them fast !! :p

I guess lets face it. Every set could be offensive in some way to someone.

Very true. People need to get a life. The resemblance to a Turkish Mosque is a stretch at best. LEGO just copied the actual STAR WARS structure. Even the whole Friends issue that was started by a few unhappy campers backfired on them. LEGO does a very good job of producing quality toys that don't offend IMO, but that won't stop some idiots looking for attention.

Well I am offended by the design of Fire Brigade set. It is red and the garage is too small. Everyone join me and urge LEGO to pull this set from the market. I have a few in stock and need to move them fast !! :P

Quite true. Plus, as an American, I am offended by that US flag replica on the set. It's missing the stars and quite a few stripes. LOL

Dang man you sure are buying into all this hype......

As I and others have said buy all you can find at 80-90 you can resell easily for 150-175 right now so to me it's foolish not to buy them right now in that price range regardless of hype. They can score a nice quick return...after all that is the name of the investing game...profits! And right now that set is easy money. even if they restock they still bought it at a very good price or they can always return it to where they bought it within 60-90 days or keep it for a year or two and sell it for more.

As I and others have said buy all you can find at 80-90 you can resell easily for 150-175 right now so to me it's foolish not to buy them right now in that price range regardless of hype. They can score a nice quick return...after all that is the name of the investing game...profits! And right now that set is easy money. even if they restock they still bought it at a very good price or they can always return it to where they bought it within 60-90 days or keep it for a year or two and sell it for more.

I didn't say not to buy into it, I just think after this fiasco is over all these people that are seeing $$$$ will be stuck with a bunch of long term sets.......evident with the minecraft set

I didn't say not to buy into it, I just think after this fiasco is over all these people that are seeing $$$$ will be stuck with a bunch of long term sets.......evident with the minecraft set

I said a couple not tens lol. Anyway I picked up 4 in total and sold 3 of them this morning. Keeping that last one for me.

I didn't say not to buy into it, I just think after this fiasco is over all these people that are seeing $$$$ will be stuck with a bunch of long term sets.......evident with the minecraft setplus it might be a little too late to flip this for a profit since its at or above retail at most places. The window of greed is gone I think.

It is crazy how much these have jumped up in value on ebay already! I think short term it could end up being like minecraft in a month or so do to more supply than demand. The great thing though, unlinke minecraft, we know Lego will be ending production on Jabbas Palace later this year which could make this a great long term set to own.

I didn't say not to buy into it, I just think after this fiasco is over all these people that are seeing $$$$ will be stuck with a bunch of long term sets.......evident with the minecraft setplus it might be a little too late to flip this for a profit since its at or above retail at most places. The window of greed is gone I think.

I agree. Perfect timing lol.

My question is why isn't their issue with Lucas films??????

Yeah, this would make more sense...

There's a lot of conflict between Muslims in Europe and various European governments and traditional societies. IMO this is a chance for a small yet vocal group that doesn't represent all Muslims to push an agenda against a big Danish company.

I'm offended that there's not a Princess Leia hotness minifig in that set!

I have to agree with Stephen. I mean they are already back in stock at Amazon and the quantity is going up instead of down (very odd). It wont be long before they are back in stock everywhere I would imagine. Prices drop on eBay, everyone starts trying to undercut the next person to get their sold, people start returning them to the store because they can't sell them, stores start discounting them heavily because they can't get rid of them and so on. Maybe I am wrong. I have 3 of these sets so I would rather be wrong on this one than right.

I have to agree with Stephen. I mean they are already back in stock at Amazon and the quantity is going up instead of down (very odd). It wont be long before they are back in stock everywhere I would imagine. Prices drop on eBay, people start returning them to the store because they can't sell them, stores start discounting them heavily because they can't get rid of them and so on. Maybe I am wrong. I have 3 of these sets so I would rather be wrong on this one than right.

This is exactly what will happen IMO. IMO you will get the most return on investment by buying now and sitting on them for awhile. If Lego does follow through and stops making this set later this year, imagine how much this set will be worth a couple Christmas from now. A lot more than the $140-150 you're going to fetch on ebay right now. It's worth the wait IMO. Just my 2 cents......