9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

That's an impressive spike.  Really illustrates the hysteria well.  Will be an interesting one to keep an eye on longer term as I have a feeling that returns may be lower than the average large SW set due to over supply from investors/flippers.

Actually kinda glad I didn't buy a bunch of these to hold. It could take a long while for the glut of them to get sold meaning less than favorable returns as demand will stay low while there are that many on the market.

I only got one and only because I got it for 50 bucks. Also glad I didn't give into hype and hysteria here.

The new data is running now but I noticed that Jabbas Palace was done.  Looks like 820 sets were sold during the month of April while all this press was out.  That's a nice number of sets sold

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=9516-1

That is impressive but in April I'm seeing 937 sold as new and 12 used. Am I interpreting the graph wrong?

Actually kinda glad I didn't buy a bunch of these to hold. It could take a long while for the glut of them to get sold meaning less than favorable returns as demand will stay low while there are that many on the market.

Yeah, I got a couple at around 30% off but I'm not stockpiling these by any means...

• 2 weeks later...

"Discounted by manufacturer. Collectors sets, for adults and children. Made in U.S.A. No battery required."

Who tells the buyer that they bought their sets for discount? And since when would a LEGO SW set that has exactly ZERO wires need batteries? 

"Many watchers. Going fast!" 

Baloney. Need I say more?

According to Quacs article, his listing looks pretty good though. He needs to read one about pricing though.

"Discounted by manufacturer. Collectors sets, for adults and children. Made in U.S.A. No battery required."

Who tells the buyer that they bought their sets for discount? And since when would a LEGO SW set that has exactly ZERO wires need batteries? 

"Many watchers. Going fast!" 

Baloney. Need I say more?

According to Quacs article, his listing looks pretty good though. He needs to read one about pricing though.

I like "No battery required". For what? I forgot the  whole set flies around the room.,

I like the quote below from the description.

TOTAL PIECES: 717 in EACH BOX! Total 717 * 5 = 3585 pieces !!

*Wow! I can get a Death Star for $399.99 and it has 3,803 pieces. Why not get 3,585 pieces for a great price of $2,224.98 in 5 Jabba's Palace sets!?!* (Sarcasm marked by asterisks.)

The PPP for the palaces is about $0.62!