9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

Well my JP arrived today. Except it wasn't shipped in a box...they just stuck the giant postage sticker on the front (damage to box if I try to rip it off?) and shipped as is. The box is a squashed, looks like someone sat on it. The damage is not as bad as it could have been, but I'm still really miffed. I would go ad exchange it in store but both my walmarts don't stock them and looks like it is sold out online too.

Oddly enough, they won't ship to Canada. Weird, given that I purchase 15 LOTR sets in bulk last week

The only reason I can think of why they won't ship to Canada is if it's being sold by a third party and not by Amazon.  I haven't checked the website tho to confirm lol

edit: well Im stumped, it IS being sold by Amazon.uk.  Thats strange to me!

Alright we pretty much know this set is gone at the end of the year because of everything that happened. So I have a fun what if question and a real one.

What would this set of been worth is 2 years after EOL had it actually EOL'd early?

What do you think this set will be worth in 2 years in our current situation assuming it EOLs at the end of the year?

As this set is fair better than the other Jabba set. I have a feeling it will increase in value. Plus as it now is not PC(God, if catholic's started bitchin about churches, and started wearing backpacks) Things would be different. There are so many nice features, an limited figures. Its a long term investment. It would be nice to see this set tripple in price. That's just my opinion, so sorry if my view is not pc, or offends anyone. I wouldn't want to upset anyone. Stomping.

• Like 1

This set was always intended to be discontinued at the end of this year. They just announced it to make it sound like they were doing the complainers a favor.

Yeah, that whole scenario got overly blown out of proportion over absolutely nothing.

Oh, nevermind, I googled it. Yawn.  :turned:

Indeed. Booorrriiinnng.... :yawn:

I'd say the biggest advantage this non UCS Star Wars set has over any other is that the chances of Lego re-releasing it are pretty slim, that could make this the last chance to buy a Lego Jabba's Palace.

Of course that would leave Lego without a set to off load their Jabba maxifigs so they would need to bang something out pretty quick that included him. Oh no wait........

This set was always intended to be discontinued at the end of this year. They just announced it to make it sound like they were doing the complainers a favor.

Spot on.

And because of that people when nutso and stocked up on dozens.  Supply will be high and therefore prices suppressed.  My crystal ball says there will be an initial spike of 30-40% as people "panic" after EOL is official before we set it settle into average or below average growth longer term. 

Spot on.

And because of that people when nutso and stocked up on dozens.  Supply will be high and therefore prices suppressed.  My crystal ball says there will be an initial spike of 30-40% as people "panic" after EOL is official before we set it settle into average or below average growth longer term. 

This makes sense to me. The one thing that the original thing tells us is that people are willing to pay $170 or more for it.

I think one thing this set has going for it is that there likely won't be another coming out after it...or if it does it will look much different and probably not much like the movie. Maybe an interior only? So that helps...I think CAGR will be thrown off because this set basically retailed for $95 at Target and Walmart, so everybody is sitting on these at at least 25-30% off.

• 1 month later...

I know DNIM already wrote a great article on this set. Now that we're getting close to the end of the year and supposedly the EOL date for this set, how do you guys think it will do? Too many investors have this stocked away? Price has been discounted for too long? I am actually having a hard time figuring this one out. At first it seemed like a sure win. Now with everyone knowing it will EOL this year and the permanent discounts it has had I'm not so sure anymore. I think it will go up for sure, but by how much the first year? Thoughts?

I know DNIM already wrote a great article on this set. Now that we're getting close to the end of the year and supposedly the EOL date for this set, how do you guys think it will do? Too many investors have this stocked away? Price has been discounted for too long? I am actually having a hard time figuring this one out. At first it seemed like a sure win. Now with everyone knowing it will EOL this year and the permanent discounts it has had I'm not so sure anymore. I think it will go up for sure, but by how much the first year? Thoughts?

$20-30 discount off msrp for a long time now .. EOL is alrdy known for awhile .. I am going to say yes you will make money on this set .. but you would prob. have to wait at least 3-5 years to get sell for double