9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

That doesn't make much sense though - why would they have run out during the holidays. People were buying them for $130 on Ebay while Lego was OOS.

They could have easily run out during the holidays because the sets were still in production somewhere in Dec. 2013 to keep in line with their PR statement.  With factories all over the place, who knows where they are being produced and what kind of lead time there is from production to getting in TLG warehouses?  It is entirely possible that they'll have made sets right up until the end of 2013 that haven't even reached stores yet. 

If your only enjoyment out of this forum is to get off on others comments that you like to troll, then what is the point of being here? 

He's a troll... I haven't blocked anyone on here yet, but I will do so.  His comments add absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Just watch the resets at Walmart and Target. Then you will know what is staying and what is going.

Exactly.  Another reason to never buy all in on one set.

Heh yeah because going completely against your PR department is worth a couple of pennies in the bucket and religous groups, etc. coming out of the woodworks calling you hypocrites.

Pretty sure this is the reboxes, etc. they list a date as that is when they will have them all. Last batch and they are gone.

TRU just restocked the whole section of star wars (3 TRUs) and no jabba. Lego just isn't going to keep carrying it after not sending it to all the retailers.

You're probably right on most of this. If Lego truly was worried that they offended the second largest religion in the world than they would have pulled the product entirely off the shelves 9 months ago and retired it.

I went to my local HobbyTown the other day just to see if they were having any sales (they weren't) and they were sitting on about 4 JP's.  Unfortunately, they are not the kind of store to clearance to get new stuff in since they were still sitting on a handful of Cars sets, not to mention a Pharoah's Quest set. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got ahold of a Jabba's Palace at MSRP, debating if I should hold onto it.  It's for investment purposes.

I'm on the fence on this one.  I see the value in it, and see the potential, but at the same time, at MSRP, it's not nearly as profitable as it could be.

Also, we're only talking about one unit here, so it's not really any skin off my teeth if I return it.

Personally, I'd just hold on to it. Unless you flat out need the money. These aren't going to be found at discounts (and are getting harder to find period). Could the money be used more efficiently? Most likely. But when you factor in time/hassle of returning it, etc etc, it probably isn't that big of a deal. Stick it in a closet and forget about it. 

I meant Brick and Mordor wise.

Who's going to Mordor for this set  :D

Seriously though, I returned one of these to Target a couple weeks ago that I got for $95.  I think I have 6-7 that I bought for ~$75 each and I am hoping to snag a couple from Walmart on clearance if possible.  If not, I'm fine holding the ones I have for a while.

• Like 2

Who's going to Mordor for this set  :D

Seriously though, I returned one of these to Target a couple weeks ago that I got for $95.  I think I have 6-7 that I bought for ~$75 each and I am hoping to snag a couple from Walmart on clearance if possible.  If not, I'm fine holding the ones I have for a while.

Hope you can find some. They haven't been around me for months and months. But its weird, things are different in different areas. My stores are all out of super heroes too.

• 3 weeks later...

Found one in SW MN today.  A few other area walmarts have them listed at $64 but are out of stock (android app).  Found one at a WM that was allegedly OOS this afternoon.

Anyone know any deals on the Rancor Pit?  It serves as the basement of the palace.

• Like 1

I know many people will disagree, but I think the rancor set is just too small to make it desirable, barely room to swing a cat let alone a rancor.

What is more, when you put it underneath jabba palaces the tower then looks out of place.  gives me two skiffs instead any day.

Saying that, I'd pick one up if it was going cheap.

I know many people will disagree, but I think the rancor set is just too small to make it desirable, barely room to swing a cat let alone a rancor.

What is more, when you put it underneath jabba palaces the tower then looks out of place.  gives me two skiffs instead any day.

Saying that, I'd pick one up if it was going cheap.

It will be a winner - Rancor can sell for almost $30 by itself. It will be enough to carry the set.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Thinking two things about the pit. 1. Winner 2. If LEGO made a mold they probably will be releasing another rancor set in the future