9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

I just sign up the RedCard again. Last time when I tried to buy some sets on their site using RedCard it worked funny. It took my card number but at the end told me the payment method couldn't be processed. I'm not sure if they voided my card along the way when I wasn't using it. anyway, it sucks they only provide free shipping for RedCard holders rather than the qualified purchase over some amount. but I guess they want people to use their card. lol

• 1 month later...

Just noticed sold listings:

Link

Jabba gone everywhere, and it is still christmas so could be nothing, but all of a sudden close to back to retail.

I think its a winner though.

There is no doubt in my mind this thing will take off once it has been cleared completely from the shelves.  I have two of them, one to sell and one to keep.  I was going to sell both but I cannot stand the look of the new Jabba's Sail Barge.  I decided to hold onto Jabba's Palace instead.
  • Like 1

There is no doubt in my mind this thing will take off once it has been cleared completely from the shelves.  I have two of them, one to sell and one to keep.  I was going to sell both but I cannot stand the look of the new Jabba's Sail Barge.  I decided to hold onto Jabba's Palace instead.

There has been a lot of negativity about the barge.

I will say this last wave of star wars is just tremendous though. Gunship is incredible, Jedi Cruiser awesome sleeper set, duel on genosis and star hipper are nice and have great figs, jek is pretty sweet set and has sold well. I love the spider and tank droid and who can argue with cyborg Darth Maul?!?

Back on topic though, anyone who avoided this set because of the controversy is gonna be sad. I really wish I had gotten more of them. Such an awesome set built, especially with the rancor pit.

There has been a lot of negativity about the barge.

I will say this last wave of star wars is just tremendous though. Gunship is incredible, Jedi Cruiser awesome sleeper set, duel on genosis and star hipper are nice and have great figs, jek is pretty sweet set and has sold well. I love the spider and tank droid and who can argue with cyborg Darth Maul?!?

Back on topic though, anyone who avoided this set because of the controversy is gonna be sad. I really wish I had gotten more of them. Such an awesome set built, especially with the rancor pit.

I liked your post on the Duel on Geonosis.  I put this set together as soon as I purchased it.  I also put together the Jango Fett set and the Republic Gunship.  I am looking forward to building Jabba's Palace.  My wife and I are getting ready to start construction on a new home.  The place I live in now has no room for me to put out any sets except on the kitchen table.  I am taking her old dining room table and placing it in the basement of the new house and will build and display sets on it.

Still easily available in the u.k, amazon and John Lewis have had these at 33% off for ages. They are not selling very fast by a long shot which makes me think why... I've built one, they could have done the gate better, maybe with a technic wheel or two, other than that a supet set. Desert skiffs on the other hand, you can't get anywhere. Brickset say the availability on the Lego website has finished but it still only says "call to check availability". I'm not over Impressed with the sail barge either, definitely lacking something.

Still easily available in the u.k, amazon and John Lewis have had these at 33% off for ages. They are not selling very fast by a long shot which makes me think why... I've built one, they could have done the gate better, maybe with a technic wheel or two, other than that a supet set. Desert skiffs on the other hand, you can't get anywhere. Brickset say the availability on the Lego website has finished but it still only says "call to check availability". I'm not over Impressed with the sail barge either, definitely lacking something.

So what you are saying is that they are widely available in the UK even at a discount. And from what I have been seeing here in the USA, it has been sold out for a while. Looks like a lot of people want this set in the US, but not in the UK. Could make a good investment, if you have a lot at a deep discount.

If 10179 and Cloud City are grand slam HRs in the 9th inning and this was baseball, this set along with the underrated Skiff and Rancor sets will be a 2-run HR in the 8th.

In my opinion by using historic Jabba's Prize, Message, and Palace pricing info from the last 2 years, this set will be at least $230 within 2 years max after retirement, it is that strong despite the supply.

• Like 1

If 10179 and Cloud City are grand slam HRs in the 9th inning and this was baseball, this set along with the underrated Skiff and Rancor sets will be a 2-run HR in the 8th.

In my opinion by using historic Jabba's Prize, Message, and Palace pricing info from the last 2 years, this set will be at least $230 within 2 years max after retirement, it is that strong despite the supply.

The minifigures do help - Max Rebo is pretty awesome with his keyboard - I sell him at $25 with no problems at all. And Obviously the new Jabba looks really good.

So, what do you guys think?  I have two 9516 (Got both for around $80).  There are 6 left in my city at two different wal-marts, regular price ($120).  Even one of my local TRU's have sold out of these at $150 just before Christmas.  Is it time to pay full retail for a couple of these or do I wait it out and see if I can catch them on clearance?  I really think a spike in price is right around the corner....

Jeff