9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

Found one in SW MN today.  A few other area walmarts have them listed at that price but are out of stock (android app).  Found one at a WM that was allegedly OOS this afternoon.

Anyone know any deals on the Rancor Pit?  It serves as the basement of the palace.

Did you find this in Worthington by any chance?  That was my first thought when you said southwestern Minnesota.  I passed through there once on a road trip, and I had one of my most amazing scores ever there.  There was literally a half an aisle's worth of clearance.  Got six Batcaves for $49 each, plus a bunch of other goodies.  It was amazing.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Hoping your right but with all the remakes coming out this year until the movies come out look like they've run out of ideas (for the most part). Would be another curve ball to investors to release another two years after this set goes eol

Well for what it's worth, I was at a Walmart near Philly today and they had a massive stock of lego, I don't think I've ever seen so much at a Walmart in the past....tons of sets...tons!  Anyway, they had at least a dozen or so of the jabba palaces, at least 20 or so of the Monsters train, batcaves, you name it, they probably had it.  Nothing was on clearance and the manager said that they don't ever run clearances on Lego.  Hmm.

Seems like everybody is wondering about the 6860 Batcave and Jabba's Palace, "well the Batcave is out for all of 2014" As for Jabba's Palace well production is over, but remember nobody know's how many cases are in warehouses in the US and overseas but Lego. So even as production is done only time will tell when they are sold out.So if you don't have any or not enough don't wait forever. I am sure alot of you including me wish the Batcave would be retiring.If I get anymore info on anything else I will Post,Thats all I can say about this. As I was told to keep this simple and brief. Ed

How about all other sets we talking about whole 2013 and not retired yet....like EDB Ninjago, HH, Olivia House, Tower bridge and more....any updates?

Regarding the Batcave... Remember that everybody has always thought this set would be a huge winner.  It will still be a huge winner, we just have to wait a little longer on it now.  But don't forget that there is a pretty big upside to this.  Brickpickers who didn't get as many as they wanted will get another crack at it.  And, best of all, we will now see a whole new batch of these at $49 at Walmart again at some point.  I for one am pretty happy about that.  I already have 14 of these, but I would gladly add another dozen. 

Guys, do you think that 6860 has a solid potential as an investion? I can buy some pieces for 70 eur (you know, in Europe we have big prices) but have some worries:

1) I am not sure how Super Heroes are popular in Europe. I have never checked this theme and its hard to predict its popularity. Even the distribution of Heroes theme is very limited.

2) this set is smaller than the previous batcave, so I dont know whether is still perfect for fans, which can compare them and rather wait for some future bigger batcave.