9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

I looked on amazon UK at the weekend, the JP was 85 quid and you could purchase up to 30.  Today, the JP is now only available from 3rd party sellers.  John Lewis has 143 of these and they have put the price back to full retail.  JL were competing with Amazon, charging their price accordingly to match amazons.  I see ebay prices raising from now on and maybe by the end of the summer they will sell over the rrp.

It's sold out at shop@home, doesn't have the retiring soon tag on it though.  It's days are definitely numbered.  I think it's going to take through the summer for the major retailers like Walmart and TRU to completely clear out of them, I still see plenty on the shelf around here.

I'm going to wait until Rancor Pit is retired as well before I start selling JP's as I'm planning on pairing them up, so I'm looking at a good 2 year wait.

In France it has been retired from the lego shop since december 2013/january 2014 but it's still available everywhere at -30% RRP since about 1 year. I guess it's not a best seller set (at all)...

The main problem with this set is the cover of the box. It's not appealing. Too bad it shows the back side, not the front.

Great:

9516-110.jpg

Bad:

9516-111.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like people are going to complain about Jabba's Palace not appreciating fast enough the same way they're complaining about Helm's Deep right now.  This is a set you should sit on for a while.  JP will be a hot seller Christmas 2015 when the new Star Wars movie comes out.  Buy them up if you see a good discount.

Target's $73 or $78 sale was pretty sweet also. Fall 2013. One of the BOGO sales.

Yeah I think it was November. I got all mine then. Besides the one I got on ebay open box for $65. That one I built though.

I bought most of mine at Wal-Mart, $64 & $69.

You fellas and your finds. I would be one 'proud papa' if you were my boys. :crying:
  • Like 3

I bought most of mine at Wal-Mart, $64 & $69.

Show off. Ha.

If it helps my case, I did buy 2 loose (never built but minifigs removed) for $45-$50 each. Then found another loose set with minifigs for $58. Granted, these purchases were in late 2012. Just months before all that Turkish mosque hoopla.

I shall build a huge Jabba's Palace one day in honor of the Turkish Cultural Community of Austria group without basing it on their mosque

post-3743-0-84682600-1396519943_thumb.jp

• Like 1

That Turkish dustup was my first taste of flipping. I bought a couple from Amazon (back when Amazon was tax-free for me, ah the good old days) for $86 and sold them at $139...on Amazon, 2 weeks later. It was eye-opening. I was out of inventory after Christmas and managed to pick up one at $96 + MM which I will be holding indefinitely. This has been a great set to part out as well. I have snagged 3-4 for $65 and under at Warehouse Deals and done very well. Really a great set!

Show off. Ha.

If it helps my case, I did buy 2 loose (never built but minifigs removed) for $45-$50 each. Then found another loose set with minifigs for $58. Granted, these purchases were in late 2012. Just months before all that Turkish mosque hoopla.

I shall build a huge Jabba's Palace one day in honor of the Turkish Cultural Community of Austria group without basing it on their mosque

I have a Jabba's Palace and Rancor Pit on the bar in the kitchen right now, out of reach of the children.  I've been meaning to build it to verify all the pieces are there for several months, so I built it early last week.  I got a complete Jabba's Palace and Rancor pit combo w/ minifigs for $75 on EBay.  I wanted to verify all the pieces were there, so I built them.  I also bought loose sets of each without minifigs, so I can MOC this thing whenever I put it out for display.  Both sets are really impressive and the minifigs are awesome, as we all know.

I also have 2 extra loose Mines of Moria sets, so I can make a huge catacomb whenever I build it.

• 3 months later...

Interesting that in January many thought this was around for all of 2014, yet it's been "SOLD OUT" at Lego LEGO Shop at Home for as long as i can remember in 2014. It also seems to be gone from just about all retailers, including now at Toys R Us since they've gone to a clearance price.

Also interesting that it's still only in "SOLD OUT" status via lego and not quite "RETIRED" or "RETIRING SOON". 

Does anyone have these on their shelves? If so what stores and what states (countries?).

Interesting that in January many thought this was around for all of 2014, yet it's been "SOLD OUT" at Lego LEGO Shop at Home for as long as i can remember in 2014. It also seems to be gone from just about all retailers, including now at Toys R Us since they've gone to a clearance price.

Also interesting that it's still only in "SOLD OUT" status via lego and not quite "RETIRED" or "RETIRING SOON". 

Does anyone have these on their shelves? If so what stores and what states (countries?).

did they ever put "retiring soon" on the desert skiff?