9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

Besides local clearance, what are some of the best prices we've seen for JP?

I picked up one for $82 off YoYo on 11/1/13 (using a 30% coupon) but don't recall seeing any other crazy deals.

Would you consider buying this at full retail now if you want to stock up?  I love the set.

Retailers had it in the 75 dollar range during late November/early December.

I think the chances of getting it on sale are reducing. If you don't have access to a LEGO store to get them at $95, I'd consider getting any for retail. It's possible the website may knock theirs down, but they don't always for retiring sets, so it's a gamble.

I don't think you can lose regardless though, I have a hard time thinking this set will settle at anything less than $250. And I expect more.

Besides local clearance, what are some of the best prices we've seen for JP?

I picked up one for $82 off YoYo on 11/1/13 (using a 30% coupon) but don't recall seeing any other crazy deals.

Would you consider buying this at full retail now if you want to stock up?  I love the set.

I got two today at the Lego shop $95 each. Interesting thing was they were not marked down with a sticker on the box or on the shelf. Lady rang me up and was surprised when it scanned $95.98

• 3 weeks later...

So... I should buy this now, correct? I just picked up the rancor set for $50 to give to my son for his birthday and needless to say, the palace will be pretty sweet to put on top. I still find $120 sort of steep for this one, especially since we already have Jabba from the sail barge...

What do you guys think, any chance it will be discounted a little further before they are all gone?

So... I should buy this now, correct? I just picked up the rancor set for $50 to give to my son for his birthday and needless to say, the palace will be pretty sweet to put on top. I still find $120 sort of steep for this one, especially since we already have Jabba from the sail barge...

What do you guys think, any chance it will be discounted a little further before they are all gone?

I'm going to wait and hope for 50%. I have some already though. If you don't have one it may be a good idea to grab one now. 

My local LEGO store had most of these SW sets at %20 off recently. Most of them were gone in a day except for the Malevolence and the planets series 3. I was in the day they all went on sale, came back the next day to see what was left and poof gone.

As echoed above; i'm not sure many of these will make it to %50 off due to popularity, i'd love to be wrong though :D

Thanks everyone, I just placed my first order on the Lego Shop and yes indeed the free martian manhunter promo is pretty sweet! I'm pretty new at buying, collecting and somewhat investing in Legos so your input was greatly appreciated :)

My only experience in buying was 3 batman sets for my son, 7 years ago when he was just barely crawling around, on huge clearance at wal-mart and considering they are now worth about $200 each or probably half since they are opened and played with now, I'm very happy to buy both my son (8 years old)  and daughter (4 years old) legos sets since worst case, I'll get back what I paid for them...and to be perfectly honest, I have almost as much fun as them, building and playing and making up stories, hehe, so much fun :)

Thanks everyone, I just placed my first order on the Lego Shop and yes indeed the free martian manhunter promo is pretty sweet! I'm pretty new at buying, collecting and somewhat investing in Legos so your input was greatly appreciated :)

My only experience in buying was 3 batman sets for my son, 7 years ago when he was just barely crawling around, on huge clearance at wal-mart and considering they are now worth about $200 each or probably half since they are opened and played with now, I'm very happy to buy both my son (8 years old) and daughter (4 years old) legos sets since worst case, I'll get back what I paid for them...and to be perfectly honest, I have almost as much fun as them, building and playing and making up stories, hehe, so much fun :)

Congrats. The Jabba sets are awesome especially when paired with the Skiff and Rancor sets. The Sail Barge is "alright at best" and has updated features than 6210

I also bought a few Batman 1 sets when after my son was born. So far we have 2 copies of Tumbler 7888 (1 sealed). The open sets we have our Arkham, Killer Croc, Catwoman chase, and the Batmobile. My son really wants the Batplane set and H.Quinn sets. I had a Batcave but sold it - should have kept it :( let me know if you ever want to trade or sell a Batman 1 set.

The Indiana Jones sets are also cool.

• Like 1

The Jabba sets are awesome especially when paired with the Skiff and Rancor sets. The Sail Barge is "alright at best" and has updated features than 6210

The 9496 skiff is retired now in europe. ARGH !!!! I missed it, to pair it with the 75020 barge...

The rancor pit is still available but it's hard to find it at a good price (maybe because of the rancor that gives some value to this -poorly designed- set).

Its a good deal in cda now since it's almost EOL. I bought from amazon at 123.97, and yea it's not going to hit 50% on LEGO Shop at Home, if you don't have one don't take the risk. Plus you can call cs for price adjustment if it does drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I called them yesterday morning and they put an order through for me.  They said they still had a very small quantity left at that time, but there was always the chance it could be cancelled.  The current status is "customer service" so who knows if it will actually get shipped.