9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

• 2 months later...

What's the expert opinion on this set, now that it has reached retired status for some time.  Personally I find it's performance disappointing, considering it was featured in popular news articles as being a controversial set.  It's value increase seems lackluster.  Is it still a set to hold on to for the long run, or dump it and clear up some shelf space?

What's the expert opinion on this set, now that it has reached retired status for some time.  Personally I find it's performance disappointing, considering it was featured in popular news articles as being a controversial set.  It's value increase seems lackluster.  Is it still a set to hold on to for the long run, or dump it and clear up some shelf space?

​If you can't wait another six plus months to see demand rise and you are hurting for space right now, I say, dump the set. I did grow above the MSRP value and is continuing to rise slowly as we see...

hi snot,

i agree with binici.  it's def a set worth holding into for at least another 6 months especially since there isn't another way to get Jabba anymore at retail (sail barge has retired). it was also discounted often during it's 2 year retail life which might explain the slower than expected (for some, not me) ROI.  furthermore jabba's palace is a favorite among star wars fans (new and old) in film scenes / plot and toys.  after the death star, it's prob ranked 2nd, 3rd, or 4th  in terms of popularity with Cloud city and Hoth. The Cantina and  Dagoboh are prob in the next tier.

i'm holding into all of my NISBs Jabba Palace's and wish more were in my collection. I do have 3 loose ones though (2 sets w/o figures) to build sometime with my kids.

my Jabba dream would will be building this... (update : i just purchased the instructions for $17.32 )

http://www.baronsat.net/baronshop/instructions-SW-Jabba-Palace-Support-Rancor.htm

It looks awesome and integrates with your existing Jabba's Palace (9516) and Rancor Pit (75005) sets.

SUPPORT-FOR-JABBA-PALACE-01.thumb.jpg.bd

​If you can't wait another six plus months to see demand rise and you are hurting for space right now, I say, dump the set. I did grow above the MSRP value and is continuing to rise slowly as we see...

Edited by jaisonline
  • Like 3

Respectfully intended anyone who is disappointed:

I find your lack of patience disturbing...

You are right on!  ​It's Jabba's frickin' palace man!  Going to be a winner.  Sure, in hindsight we all wish we had invested the money in R2, AA, and Town Hall rather than any regular sets but that vision is 20/20.  

As someone who doesn't own this set, and wants to, it looks like it has done really well. From most accounts, people got it well below RRP and now it's selling for well over RRP. It's already at an absurdly high price for such a tiny set so I'm not sure what there is to complain about.

​It's not as tiny as you think, or maybe from what you saw.  There are many large pieces in this set, including Jabba.

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 1

hi snot,

i agree with binici.  it's def a set worth holding into for at least another 6 months especially since there isn't another way to get Jabba anymore at retail (sail barge has retired). it was also discounted often during it's 2 year retail life which might explain the slower than expected (for some, not me) ROI.  furthermore jabba's palace is a favorite among star wars fans (new and old) in film scenes / plot and toys.  after the death star, it's prob ranked 2nd, 3rd, or 4th  in terms of popularity with Cloud city and Hoth. The Cantina and  Dagoboh are prob in the next tier.

i'm holding into all of my NISBs Jabba Palace's and wish more were in my collection. I do have 3 loose ones though (2 sets w/o figures) to build sometime with my kids.

my Jabba dream would will be building this... (update : i just purchased the instructions for $17.32 )

http://www.baronsat.net/baronshop/instructions-SW-Jabba-Palace-Support-Rancor.htm

It looks awesome and integrates with your existing Jabba's Palace (9516) and Rancor Pit (75005) sets.

SUPPORT-FOR-JABBA-PALACE-01.thumb.jpg.bd

​Now that's the next UCS playset they need to build after the Hoth Rebel Base.

As someone who doesn't own this set, and wants to, it looks like it has done really well. From most accounts, people got it well below RRP and now it's selling for well over RRP. It's already at an absurdly high price for such a tiny set so I'm not sure what there is to complain about.

​Yeah, I'm with BricketyCricket - as someone who started buying and collecting/investing in SW sets very recently (like 2-3 weeks), this one looks pricey; I only wish a had one!

Edited by lawnboy1001