9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

I would buy. Like Ed Mack (and others) have been saying. Star Wars sets are in a perfect storm and if you look at recent sold listings the set is doing well. I love finding already retired stuff at retail. Although you will definitely have to wait til next year to sell. So if you can hold you can't lose

Sent from my Passport using Brickpicker mobile app

ahhhhh- did you grab those blue buckets too?

Not yet, they have 4 of them, but they are marked $40 for some reason.  They have the 2 x small pink and 2 x small blue for $15 each, so I may pick up those.

Here's what the rest of it looks like.  They've added some new product the past few weeks.

• Like 2

Not yet, they have 4 of them, but they are marked $40 for some reason.  They have the 2 x small pink and 2 x small blue for $15 each, so I may pick up those.

Here's what the rest of it looks like.  They've added some new product the past few weeks.

are you sure you are not taking picture of your storeroom?  is that a 2011 sw battlepack and  log cabinssss???  

that's awesome to know that these little treasure chests of EOL goodness are out there.

Have you picked the 3367 space shuttle ? :)

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=3367-1

I picked up one last week and I'll probably grab the other Space Shuttle and Tie Fighter when I go through there this weekend.  It's kind of off the beaten path.

I only found one Space Shuttle for $15 during Wal-Mart clearance early 2013.

Sorry guys, I'm waaaay off topic now.

I picked up one last week and I'll probably grab the other Space Shuttle and Tie Fighter when I go through there this weekend.  It's kind of off the beaten path.

I only found one Space Shuttle for $15 during Wal-Mart clearance early 2013.

Sorry guys, I'm waaaay off topic now.

good.  you warned yourself. ha

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I am relatively new to Lego as an investment tool, and I am wondering what your opinions are regarding the Jabba's Palace 9516 set.

A local store still has these available today but not on sale. I am in Canada and the price is $149 Canadian.

If you guys had the chance to purchase this for investment purposes, would you?

Thanks.

Sent from my A0001 using Brickpicker mobile app

I am relatively new to Lego as an investment tool, and I am wondering what your opinions are regarding the Jabba's Palace 9516 set.

A local store still has these available today but not on sale. I am in Canada and the price is $149 Canadian.

Thanks.

What store and where is this, just out of curiousity?

Yes. This set will not be seen again for a long time. Jabba may not be seen again fir a whilw after the barge goes.

The barge is sold out on LEGO Shop at Home and Wal-mart. Amazon and Target still have some. Haven't seen too many recently at my local stores either, probably the holidays.

Interesting side story, at my Wal-Mart one of the Sail Barge's had a Target magnetic no-steal sticker on the box. Guess Target had the better deal and someone bought one there and returned it to Wal-Mart for the little extra money. Infact when it first showed up the price at Wal-Mart was retail and since I just bought one at Target I knew they were also on sale.

Thanks.

I've long thought about picking some up from playvaluetoys at MSRP, but even this far into retirement when you look at ebay sold prices you are basically breaking even or maybe eking out a tiny profit. Let's say those sold prices hover around $200 or so in another year, which I think is reasonable, would you be happy with that return? Keep in mind shipping + fees.

Honestly I think there are a lot more efficient places to park your investment dollars.

Plus it has been available at MSRP at that store since EOL and it hasn't disappeared yet (and many Canadian investors are aware of it) so obviously I'm not the only one who thinks it isn't worth it.

That all being said, get one for yourself! Even at $149 + tax it isn't a terrible deal and you can always sell it if the value rises dramatically.