9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

Doh, I really loaded up on these the last month or so. It's not too often that a set is out for another year in one region after being retired across the rest of the world. Guess the popularity of Batman in the US is a game changer.

Same here... I saw it as a huge winner and loaded up with 30 of them... Blah.

I'm sure batman being in the lego movie helped make the decision.

Which is probably the same reason why 6862 Power Armor Lex is also still available even though it is past due for retirement.  I always thought 6862 was a great investment set to begin with, but having classic Superman and Wonder Woman in the movie is only going to make it even better!

Good info Emaz, thanks.

I am not sure about anyone else, but there is literally one store within 100 miles of me that has Palaces. TRU.com doesn't have any. I suspect getting these at a discount at this point will basically not be possible, unless LEGO decides to markdown their stock to get rid of them. 

What do you think the jabba palace may be worth in a few years or so, though?  Retail at $120 imo is a lot for that set and I'm amazed some have found it for $80~.  No one is discounting that around here at all. 

I see this as an easy $200 set soon after it disappears.

Especially with the complete-the-scene aspect of the rancor, and the barge, and the skiff, this is the centerpiece to it all.

Further, its quite fun to build the set out and expand it. Many folks have done that and shown awesome results.

If i were to come into Lego 2 years from now (and how many star wars fans will be coming back in 2015?) and found out i just missed this set? I'd drop 200 quickly for it.

• Like 1

I'm considering picking up a Palace at full $120 retail to pair up with the extra Rancor Pit I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

The only way I would do that is if the signs of EOL were very prevalent. You`de hate to buy it and have it sit for a year doing nothing, just like any other set purchased prematurely. 

Seems like everybody is wondering about the 6860 Batcave and Jabba's Palace, "well the Batcave is out for all of 2014" As for Jabba's Palace well production is over, but remember nobody know's how many cases are in warehouses in the US and overseas but Lego. So even as production is done only time will tell when they are sold out.So if you don't have any or not enough don't wait forever. I am sure alot of you including me wish the Batcave would be retiring.If I get anymore info on anything else I will Post,Thats all I can say about this. As I was told to keep this simple and brief. Ed

thanks ed. the 6860 batcave staying around doesn't surprise me.  i remember seeing the Batman 1 7783 batcave in stores during 2008 and early 2009.  it makes perfect marketing sense to have a batcave available for sale while other lego batman sets are available.  now too bad lego didn't release a bigger set to begin with.

i believe we are seeing what's left of JP from warehouses.  it 'should' be EOL soon.

note :

it also wasn't a surprise the batmobile (unofficially) and batwing (officially) are gone since we have replacement sets for each starting in 2014.

thanks ed. the 6860 batcave staying around doesn't surprise me.  i remember seeing the Batman 1 7783 batcave in stores during 2008 and early 2009.  it makes perfect marketing sense to have a batcave available for sale while other lego batman sets are available.  now too bad lego didn't release a bigger set to begin with.

i believe we are seeing what's left of JP from warehouses.  it 'should' be EOL soon.

note :

it also wasn't a surprise the batmobile (unofficially) and batwing (officially) are gone since we have replacement sets for each starting in 2014.

I also think one thing we may have to keep in the back of our heads is with the Batcave being a key set for the Batman line. What is the chance of another reissue of this set in the future? (Maybe even near future.) A bigger better bat cave than the current one being released can't be out of the realm of possibility. 

Have any of us thought how this would effect the current bat cave EOL?

I also think one thing we may have to keep in the back of our heads is with the Batcave being a key set for the Batman line. What is the chance of another reissue of this set in the future? (Maybe even near future.) A bigger better bat cave than the current one being released can't be out of the realm of possibility. 

i think demand for 6860 (after retirement) will always be there as long as there is at least a year without a refresh. i'm just worried that lego is going the way of hasbro, mattel, etc... with 3rd party themed lines (especially superheroes). we are now getting refreshes even before the prev version has been retired (e.g. the new batplane and batmobile)

I don't think there is any danger of another Batcave for a while, if at all.  There was about a 4 year gap between the first one and the current one.  With all the new stuff Lego is pumping out, I just don't see room for another Batcave very soon.  Too much other stuff going on, and too many other sets filling the valuable shelf space.

i think demand for 6860 (after retirement) will always be there as long as there is at least a year without a refresh. i'm just worried that lego is going the way of hasbro, mattel, etc... with 3rd party themed lines (especially superheroes). we are now getting refreshes even before the prev version has been retired (e.***. the new batplane and batmobile)

For sure, and I think the jokers steamroller  and riddler chase sets will stifle some growth of the batwing over gotham and two-face chase. 

(All this being said I am a huge superhero fan and is by far are my biggest holdings)