9516 - Jabba's Palace

Brick625

I have two jabba's palace and three rancor pit tucked away. I might exhange one of the rancor pit for sth else but haven't decided what yet. would I be charged for the clone trooper polybag if I exchange RP for a non star wars set?

This has been hashed out in a different thread. The short answer is no they will not ask for it back, nor will they deduct its value. Perhaps if you are flagged in the system as some sort of return policy abuser, there may be an issue. Otherwise, its simple. They gave you a promo. You could have hated it and tossed it in the garbage upon receipt. For them to deduct the cost of that promo from your return would, in essence, be forcing you to purchase a product you did not want and did not ask for. I've never seen them do that. And I would be more than shocked if anyone else has.

Am I the only one who thinks the pit totally ruins the aesthetic of the palace? I'm keeping the figs and selling the pit, I just don't like the way they look together.

It does look wierd as heck with the artistic palace strapped on top of the scrawny pit. As an overall kids playset, I get it, but it doesn't look so good that way. I also imagine it being fairly easy to tip over built like that.

I dont expect that this set will rise rapidly after EOL. Star Wars are very problematic sets from the investors point of view - there were many nice sets in the past, which havent increased significantly, even UCS sets are not jackpot, plus there is always a risk of new versions of popular sets. Also I dont think this set is well designed, it is extremly small. There are much better sets in this price range with bigger potential. 

• 1 month later...

I couldn't stay away from this deal, and I had to give the site some click-thru $ - my small contribution!  Also bought an Epic Dragon Battle at an epic price.

BTW, I love this set for building AND for investing.  I will be curious to see if the April run on JPs has any effect on EOL pricing.  I'm betting not but time will tell.  I think the April run is indicative of the demand for this set rather than an illustration of already-satisfied demand.

Thank you OP for this link!

i think we can't really go wrong with any Jabba-related set (Palace, Skiff, and Rancor).  Nice sets and mini-figs. 

Sell those 3 together in 2 to 3 years for a nice profit.

Then in another year or so, buy discounted Barges (even though I still think it stinks compared to the older one).  I built both for my son and the newer one's play area is just too small.  However, it should make a nice investment.

BTW, I ordered 2 of these at $86.99 two weeks ago and Amazon gave me a $5 refund for each this morning.

I saw a bunch of price drops on LEGO sets this morning on Amazon too and was struggling if jumping right in or not. lol

Any guess on possible discount in % coming during this holiday season?

I don't think you're going to see much better prices on these two sets without using discounts.  If there's an opportunity to stack coupons/discounts, you may be able to do better, but if that's the case I would use the stacking discounts on other large sets.

I actually got one set of JP a few days back. It was some 'special offer' Amazon gave me, around $82. So I'm sort of struggling if I'm getting another set or not since I'm not a LEGO SW fan (yet)... and JP is a big set to stack up. lol

just like the old tv series, chuck.. all i can suggest for you is to "buy more".   you will be happy in 2-3 years.