Enhance the Brickpicker Database

I don't know what he is updating. I can't find anything else that needs it. lol

Well here is a very simple, ugly list to show you the sets that are missing something in any of a few categories. I am sure you will find several things to update.

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/missing_data.cfm

Ed and I were talking and we may change the point structure to add more points to the older sets that are harder to find info for and lessen the newer sets that is very readily available and I could have obtained quite easily.   Just a heads up, hopefully it doesn't upset anyone.

Well here is a very simple, ugly list to show you the sets that are missing something in any of a few categories. I am sure you will find several things to update.

Ed and I were talking and we may change the point structure to add more points to the older sets that are harder to find info for and lessen the newer sets that is very readily available and I could have obtained quite easily.   Just a heads up, hopefully it doesn't upset anyone.

That is a really really really long list of data needed. I know what I am doing for the rest of my summer vacation now.

Since the list is really long, I think that it should be updated, so members know what sets still need updating  and which sets have already been updated. I also think changing the brickpoints for the older sets that are harder to find is a great idea.

It will update automatically after I approve data.  So if you add UPC codes, those will come up the next time you access the page after I approve them.  I try to go in an approve submissions a few times a day in large chunks, so no, it won't be instantaneous.  But if you see that you got notifications on new approvals, then you should refresh that page and Sets may be removed if all the information is filled.

Come on MartinP, give me a little credit no?  I am trying to make it easier for you :)

It will update automatically after I approve data.  So if you add UPC codes, those will come up the next time you access the page after I approve them.  I try to go in an approve submissions a few times a day in large chunks, so no, it won't be instantaneous.  But if you see that you got notifications on new approvals, then you should refresh that page and Sets may be removed if all the information is filled.

Come on MartinP, give me a little credit no?  I am trying to make it easier for you :)

Thanks it is definitively making it easier. Going through the whole list is going to be fun.

Man that list is way bigger than I thought.

Going through it though it seems like I can only find data for about 1 out of every 10 or so. Lol

When I first saw it, I hit the down arrow on the keyboard to see how long the list is. it kept on going and going and going. The list is really long. Even if you can only find data for 1 out of 10, there is still a lot of data.

I just got 5 points each for all the sets I did. I am soooo upset right now. I'm like the below:

bp_1377537157__leave.jpg

I agree though - I thought 10 was a little hefty so I am fine with 5 on the newer stuff. Wasn't gonna complain as I get closer to the goal though. lol

Well we are open to suggestions on what you think is fair as far as points go.  I would like to stay fair with all as well.  As I have mentioned before, I was really hoping to see 300-500 members entering 'x' amount of sets which then would have helped out more people and split up the work.  But since that is not the case, there is no need for you to feel guilty and we appreciate the help on the site.

Well we are open to suggestions on what you think is fair as far as points go.  I would like to stay fair with all as well.  As I have mentioned before, I was really hoping to see 300-500 members entering 'x' amount of sets which then would have helped out more people and split up the work.  But since that is not the case, there is no need for you to feel guilty and we appreciate the help on the site.

I think anywhere from 5-10 points for the newer sets is fair. I would really help people gain Brickpoints easily to use in the Brick Classifieds when they are selling Legos. For the older sets. I would think that there should be Brickpoints given out. The info for the older sets is really hard to find, so I think that data should be given 15+ Brickpoints.

I think 5 is good for newer - I think you could do something where you gave out bounties for sets that havent been updated for a long time.

Like announce - these are all 100 a piece. But they have to have pictures of them measuring the set or reliable information.

By the way, I have been on here since December. It seems like 20 people are running this site. You and Ed are machines. I assume you don't sleep... Ever. This place is just incredible. I was well satisfied with the site when I got here and its already tons better now!

I think 5 is good for newer - I think you could do something where you gave out bounties for sets that havent been updated for a long time.

Like announce - these are all 100 a piece. But they have to have pictures of them measuring the set or reliable information.

By the way, I have been on here since December. It seems like 20 people are running this site. You and Ed are machines. I assume you don't sleep... Ever. This place is just incredible. I was well satisfied with the site when I got here and its already tons better now!

Couldn't agree more. I have been a member since April and I have seen some dramatic changes to the site. All the updates are amazing. I also like the idea of bounties for certain sets. But coming across data for that set could be difficult.

Also, is there a way we can add pictures? I noticed some of these don't have pictures or its just a picture of a user manual and I was able to find pictures of the actual item,bag,box, etc.

I agree. I have found some sets that don't have a picture or that they have a picture of another set.