Enhance the Brickpicker Database

My eyes are on the Ninjago display case and the LoTR Tower of Orthanc. Not sure which will be hit first, but chances are that if I fly by the 40,000 mark, then I'll keep going to 100,000. Still this is speculation. :D

Some points will be saved for BC, but not a massive amount, as I don't have very much to sell at the moment. As time progresses, I will probably use some on BC though!

I have my eye on the tower of orthanc. Also any LOTR stuff is good! Or Rancor pit.

How are the brick points going to work with classifieds? do we use it to "pay" for our listings?

Yes, listing sets on Brick Classifieds will be very cost effective. For those of you that are active on the site, there is the possibility of never paying actual cash in fees/commissions.   If you list a set for $35, it will be 35 Brickpoints.  That's it, you are done.  Sell it, no commission.  For those that don't do a lot on the site, you will be able to purchase the points in bulk at very low cost.

Yes, listing sets on Brick Classifieds will be very cost effective. For those of you that are active on the site, there is the possibility of never paying actual cash in fees/commissions.   If you list a set for $35, it will be 35 Brickpoints.  That's it, you are done.  Sell it, no commission.  For those that don't do a lot on the site, you will be able to purchase the points in bulk at very low cost.

Yeah I may use some of these. I kind of want the LOTR pirate ship. I also want a Death Star. Its tough. lol

Right now I am more concerned with getting them and figuring out what to do with them later.

Besides the Falcon, do you guys have your eye set on any particular set?  Are you going to save some of your points to use on Brick Classifieds?

I'm really striving for the Tower of Orthanc or one of the modular builds if I may. Of which, how many Brickpoints would it cost to buy a Fire Brigade or Town Hall? I state both because each has different retails.

Besides the Falcon, do you guys have your eye set on any particular set?  Are you going to save some of your points to use on Brick Classifieds?

I want to have either the Falcon or the 10030 ISD. Those are truly amazing sets. I have seen both in person, but I do not own any of them.

I'm really striving for the Tower of Orthanc or one of the modular builds if I may. Of which, how many Brickpoints would it cost to buy a Fire Brigade or Town Hall? I state both because each has different retails.

Guessing from the Brickpoints, it looks like 1000 = 2 dollars or so.

So $150 = 75,000 brickpoints and $199 = 100,ooo brickpoints for those two sets respectively.

Obviously Jeff and Ed may have a different price, but that would be a good ballpark based on the other sets. There are some that lye outside this.

Technically the Bwing should be 100K, but since you can get it for $150, 75K is about right

Death star is $400, but 250K in the BP store which would really equate to $500.

But go up further and you have a good ratio - 1M BP = $2000 which would be a steal for a Falcon

Guessing from the Brickpoints, it looks like 1000 = 2 dollars or so.

So $150 = 75,000 brickpoints and $199 = 100,ooo brickpoints for those two sets respectively.

Obviously Jeff and Ed may have a different price, but that would be a good ballpark based on the other sets. There are some that lye outside this.

Technically the Bwing should be 100K, but since you can get it for $150, 75K is about right

Death star is $400, but 250K in the BP store which would really equate to $500.

But go up further and you have a good ratio - 1M BP = $2000 which would be a steal for a Falcon

Good for you for even trying to figure it out.  There was absolutely no skill at all in making these numbers.  I basically took a set and and added points to it.  We started with a few sets, then fit the rest in where we thought it might work out.  Now that you are doing this scientific stuff.  I think we might raise those values.

Good for you for even trying to figure it out.  There was absolutely no skill at all in making these numbers.  I basically took a set and and added points to it.  We started with a few sets, then fit the rest in where we thought it might work out.  Now that you are doing this scientific stuff.  I think we might raise those values.

Watch - Ill get to 999K and they will raise it to 2 Million.

Then to be mean I will just buy 200 brickmaster ATATs. Have fun digging that out of your stash.

Guest idunno101

Now that you are doing this scientific stuff.  I think we might raise those values.

Is today opposite day and raise actually means lower? *thinks hopefully*  :sweat:

Guest idunno101

Jeff, I was wondering if maybe you could add a page that shows important missing information for sets such as pieces, box size, etc. Just so that it's easier to know which sets need data. It's not a big deal I just thought it would make finding sets with missing information easier.

Jeff, I was wondering if maybe you could add a page that shows important missing information for sets such as pieces, box size, etc. Just so that it's easier to know which sets need data. It's not a big deal I just thought it would make finding sets with missing information easier.

Sure that is something I would like to do, I just need to build it.  I will try to find some time this week.

***QUICK EDIT ON SET DATA FORM***

I CHANGED THE ORDER ON THE FORM TO BE LENGTH, WIDTH, HEIGHT, so if you are in a groove on how you entered in the data, take note and make sure you are entering the data in the correct form fields.

Sure that is something I would like to do, I just need to build it.  I will try to find some time this week.

***QUICK EDIT ON SET DATA FORM***

I CHANGED THE ORDER ON THE FORM TO BE LENGTH, WIDTH, HEIGHT, so if you are in a groove on how you entered in the data, take note and make sure you are entering the data in the correct form fields.

Look at you reading my mind. I was gonna ask that. I found a lot that were wrong because of that I believe.

Here is a quick snapshot of a few of our dedicated data gatherers.

Updates Member                          Total Brickpoints Earned

1974       Grolim                             19,740

1036       DoNotInsertIntoMouth     10,360

992         mikeur86                          9,920

580         MartinP                            5,800

386         TheOrcKing                      3,860

333         ctoddlight                         3,330

298         Huskers1236                    2,980

257         comicblast                        2,570

193         Fcbarcelona101               1,930

163         idunno101                        1,630

This may not be a competition but I am deadly curious as to where this list lies right now.... :spiteful: