Enhance the Brickpicker Database

When we launched the Brickpoints store, I know many of you were probably thinking, "How the heck can I earn that many Brickpoints?"  There will be plenty of ways to earn points and then be rewarded with picking a set you really want.  There are A LOT of LEGO sets!!  Its hard keeping up with all the data, especially as new sets come along.  Well here is where Brickpicker Members can help and earn points for doing so.  Every set guide page will have a link to take you to a data page where you can enter in values (CORRECT VALUES PLEASE :) ) of information that we may not have, or maybe we have wrong.  If we are missing the number of pieces or retail values, you can enter it in here.  There will also be an open text box that will allow you to give details as to where your information came from.  If you want to have it reviewed quickly, please provide good information, links, etc so that we can verify easily. We will be notified that a submission is available to be reviewed.

You can find the link to add/edit information here:

There are plenty of options to help find and more on the way.  There are potentially hundreds of thousands of points to be earned, so that could help many of you make great progress towards getting a set that you want.  Every submission that gets approved is worth 10 Brickpoints for sets before 2000, 5 Brickpoints for newer sets.  When you view the form, the items you see listed in green are data points that we already have in the database.  Then you will see plenty of data points in there that are red that we need.  We are really trying to enhance our retail prices and set dimensions.  This will go a long way for the price guide and classifieds.

Take a look, let me know your thoughts, give it a shot and let's make Brickpicker even better.

------------------------------------------

I will update my main post with a few Q&A that I have received.

Will we be able to update photos (especially if one doesn't exist)?

Yes, this will be added

What happens if many people submit the same information for the same set?

Basically it will be first come first serve.  I have it set that the first person that gets data approved gets the credit and points, all the other submissions get deleted, so I will not have to worry about duplicated approvals

If you want to have it reviewed quickly, please provide good information, links, etc so that we can verify easily

We are really trying to enhance our retail prices and set dimensions.

Good idea.  So if I happen to have the set in question and measure the dimensions myself, how are you going to verify that data ?

Great job everyone.  DNIM was first :)

You will notice that you get notifications here in the forum at the notification tab up at the top.  Soon there will be a page to see what you have waiting to be approved, what was approved and on the set guide pages, there will be a spot to give credit to the members that helped build the info.

If you want to have it reviewed quickly, please provide good information, links, etc so that we can verify easily

We are really trying to enhance our retail prices and set dimensions.

Good idea.  So if I happen to have the set in question and measure the dimensions myself, how are you going to verify that data ?

If there is no where to verify it.  There will need to be a certain level of trust.  I think we will have a good idea of what it will be.  If someone says that a 40 piece set is 100 inches, I think that will be wrong :)

Guest eightbrick

So all we have to do is submit missing info like set dimensions and give a link for it to another database like Brickset or Bricklink?

Guest eightbrick

Cool! I hope I can help in this aspect of BrickPicker. I spend a whole lot of time here, but don't necessarily post that much, so here's yet another way to keep me hooked and helping! :D

Don't necessarily post that much? You have over 2K in posts and are the fifth biggest site contributor xD I hope I have time to still stay in the investing loop once school starts...

Don't necessarily post that much? You have over 2K in posts and are the fifth biggest site contributor xD I hope I have time to still stay in the investing loop once school starts...

I don't post as much as before. I remember when I was going 40+ posts a day. LOL... I wonder what happened.

I have the same problem, I do not know if i have enough time during the school year to do stuff on the site. Maybe a set review once in a while, but not much else. Good thing I still have about 3 weeks till school starts for me.

This new feature is great, and I think everyone will contribute somehow.

So all we have to do is submit missing info like set dimensions and give a link for it to another database like Brickset or Bricklink?

Yes, I would really appreciate it you can paste the link in so that I can quickly click it and verify.  I know some of you may know this stuff, but Ed or I may not and we for sure want to make sure the database is as close to accurate as possible.  If you are on the Lego Page, or amazon or anywhere, just copy/paste the link in, otherwise I may start skipping over your submissions.  If there is no information on a web page, then please tell us how you know it is the correct answer.  It doesn't have to be long, but the answer shouldn't be "I know it because I just do..."

Again you guys are doing a great job already. It's amazing.