Enhance the Brickpicker Database

So less than 48 hours in to doing this, we have over 6500+ updates in the database.  I would suggest that some people when reviewing data that they look to make sure that the dimensions are correct.  Things will slip by, people may have reversed numbers, etc.  So even though the number is filled in, it may need to be updated.

Here is a quick snapshot of a few of our dedicated data gatherers.

Updates Member                          Total Brickpoints Earned

1974       Grolim                             19,740

1036       DoNotInsertIntoMouth     10,360

992         mikeur86                          9,920

580         MartinP                             5,800

386         TheOrcKing                      3,860

333         ctoddlight                         3,330

298         Huskers1236                    2,980

257         comicblast                        2,570

193         Fcbarcelona101               1,930

163         idunno101                        1,630

That is a lot of Brickpoints. I need to do more.

Now I just want to confirm that everyone says this is correct.  I know it can be judged several ways, but I am seeing inconsistencies in submissions.  So before I start negating some of these I want to make sure most are in agreement about this.

attachicon.giflego_length_width_height.jpg

Okay, now that makes sense. Looking and measuring the box as if it were on its back/bottom instead of a side.

Man, this is more confusing than 3D graphics. :wacko:

Agreed.  It's good that this graphic exists.  Maybe if it were a linked to a help icon for dimensions?  That might be helpful for those who need a reminder.  I'll be doing it this way from now on.

So less than 48 hours in to doing this, we have over 6500+ updates in the database.  I would suggest that some people when reviewing data that they look to make sure that the dimensions are correct.  Things will slip by, people may have reversed numbers, etc.  So even though the number is filled in, it may need to be updated.

Here is a quick snapshot of a few of our dedicated data gatherers.

Updates Member                          Total Brickpoints Earned

1974       Grolim                             19,740

1036       DoNotInsertIntoMouth     10,360

992         mikeur86                          9,920

580         MartinP                             5,800

386         TheOrcKing                      3,860

333         ctoddlight                         3,330

298         Huskers1236                    2,980

257         comicblast                        2,570

193         Fcbarcelona101               1,930

163         idunno101                        1,630

Wow!  I wish I had that kind of time. :)

Guest eightbrick

Around 10000 Lego sets. x10 points for each, even if one person updated them all it would end up being only a tenth of that MF. That said, 100000 is enough to get the Tower. That's a lot of Brickpoints, they are being pretty generous.

Around 10000 Lego sets. x10 points for each, even if one person updated them all it would end up being only a tenth of that MF. That said, 100000 is enough to get the Tower. That's a lot of Brickpoints, they are being pretty generous.

I think that number is off. There are so many things you can update. There are like 30 different things for each set.  If I do my math correctly, that would be 3,000,000 brickpoints. But, most of the information is correct.

I think that number is off. There are so many things you can update. There are like 30 different things for each set.  If I do my math correctly, that would be 3,000,000 brickpoints. But, most of the information is correct.

Although you have to account for the fact a lot of older sets weren't sold in all the markets so you can't fill out that for every one.

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but can you submit just one piece of information on a set or do you have to fill in everything?  I was wondering because I looked up set #9500 and your data says that it has 741 pieces when it actually has 748, and I wanted to change that without doing a full submission. 

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but can you submit just one piece of information on a set or do you have to fill in everything?  I was wondering because I looked up set #9500 and your data says that it has 741 pieces when it actually has 748, and I wanted to change that without doing a full submission. 

I think you can submit just one piece of data. I have done that before for some sets.

I would gladly take a Tower of Orthanc or a modular build with all them points! :yahoo:

But that is more of my goal anyway. :)

I do this wih gift cards too. I never want to use it unless it's on sale or sth even though it is "free" money. Lol. I'm a gift card/loyalty points hoarder!

I know. It is hard to hold on to them once you get them. I keep browsing the store and thinking I could grab something - then I am like - you need to save.

Like real life money!

Jeff,

Can you see from mass data what needs to be updated still the most? If not, don't worry about it.

I know we are missing a lot of prices, but a lot of the older sets never had retail prices in certain markets.

Just running into a lot of sets that have already been updated - trying to see if there was still some unexplored territory out there. :)

Jeff,

Can you see from mass data what needs to be updated still the most? If not, don't worry about it.

I know we are missing a lot of prices, but a lot of the older sets never had retail prices in certain markets.

Just running into a lot of sets that have already been updated - trying to see if there was still some unexplored territory out there. :)

DNIIM, and other members who are running out of stuff to update, some ideas:

I've been updating MSRP's for other countries, particularly Italy and Spain lately, by going to their Amazon sites (amazon.it and amazon.es). Though some of the prices are not right, mainly ones that end in digits besides ".99", it's a good way to update those prices.

Also, some of the lesser themes can use some updating, like Toy Story, which I just updated for retirement dates and MSRP's, or older themes.

You can see the list of themes by going to http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/index.cfm.

If you haven't noticed already I have updated the price guide page to show the measurements/weights and prices.    So you can see it easier on the actual price guide page.   I will work on a quick report of sets that need stuff, but this is where it gets hard. Sure the data from the past few years is easier to find, the older stuff will really rely more on people that have the sets to measure/weigh hopefully give a retail price and UPC code if they have the boxes or have them new.  I know there will be stuff that will never be found.

If you haven't noticed already I have updated the price guide page to show the measurements/weights and prices.    So you can see it easier on the actual price guide page.   I will work on a quick report of sets that need stuff, but this is where it gets hard. Sure the data from the past few years is easier to find, the older stuff will really rely more on people that have the sets to measure/weigh hopefully give a retail price and UPC code if they have the boxes or have them new.  I know there will be stuff that will never be found.

I did notice that - looks good. thanks!