Enhance the Brickpicker Database

I have the same problem, I do not know if i have enough time during the school year to do stuff on the site. Maybe a set review once in a while, but not much else. Good thing I still have about 3 weeks till school starts for me.

This new feature is great, and I think everyone will contribute somehow.

Ha - out of school - tons of time!

Well this has been active for like 2 hours and there have been about 400 enhancements in total.  So look how the site has just gotten that much better.  There are still THOUSANDS to go.  Here is a quick tally of your Top 5 contributors...

126 mikeur86
106 DoNotInsertIntoMouth
78 comicblast
66 dnb_boy_3
42 Fcbarcelona101

Not bad for a short period of work Mike 1200+ Brickpoints :)

Well this has been active for like 2 hours and there have been about 400 enhancements in total.  So look how the site has just gotten that much better.  There are still THOUSANDS to go.  Here is a quick tally of your Top 5 contributors...

126 mikeur86

106 DoNotInsertIntoMouth

78 comicblast

66 dnb_boy_3

42 Fcbarcelona101

Not bad for a short period of work Mike 1200+ Brickpoints :)

Wow! You are being really generous! Thanks! Now... Back to editing... I see a set within my grasp very soon!

Please don't turn this into another competition, I can't take the pressure anymore lol

Ed is the competition guy so don't look at me, but honestly, I don't think there will be any contests for this. It's really for the site and to help with future projects.  I really just wanted to show how quickly some people amassed a nice amount of points.

Guest eightbrick

Ed is the competition guy so don't look at me, but honestly, I don't think there will be any contests for this. It's really for the site and to help with future projects.  I really just wanted to show how quickly some people amassed a nice amount of points.

Indeed... mike racked up 1200 pretty quickly... still a long long way to go but the Falcon is getting uneasy.  :shifty:

It seems like you guys have a pretty good handle on this.

As if I didn't already have an obsessive compulsive disorder with data, now you go and taunt it with this dangling carrot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz0mJC818m8

Anyway, how about adding images with a higher quality and resolution than ones already used? I know Brickset has been trying to do the same thing of replacing old low quality pics with much better ones for months now.

Guest idunno101

This is a great way to get people involved in contributing to the site. You guys sure come up with some great plans for us users to get involved and I love it. I'll definitely  be doing some updating om sets.

Jeff is going to have a lot approvals to do next time he is on :D  I've updated weights and dimensions for almost 100 Star Wars sets so far.  :geek:

There's another thing, will people receive a little notification their submitted data was approved and how many points they get? I'm sending a few but wonder if I am helping or not.

There's another thing, will people receive a little notification their submitted data was approved and how many points they get? I'm sending a few but wonder if I am helping or not.

I did get notifications and point values for the ones I did earlier today - I was in the first wave so mine got through fast, sorry for all of you (and especially sorry for Jeff's workload!) who are probably stuck in a longer queue now.

I did get notifications and point values for the ones I did earlier today - I was in the first wave so mine got through fast, sorry for all of you (and especially sorry for Jeff's workload!) who are probably stuck in a longer queue now.

Alrighty then, and I can't even imagine how many notices Jeff has to sort through by now. Sheesh.... :wacko: I'm tweaking info on some oddities so I'm hoping to be first. Hopefully I did everything right in the Information Details box as I added direct set links and some notes.

I would recommend putting a flag or something on items where data has been posted but not approved. I would be unhappy if I spent a few hours submitting data only to find out someone else beat me to it but it just wasnt approved. If you have this already ignore :D

There is now an icon to show that data has been submitted for something but not yet approved.