Enhance the Brickpicker Database

Weird question, but is there a way to have the database show how many bags come in each set? :blink:

I've bought a lot of new sets sans box, and one of the bigger pains is not knowing exactly how many bags to check for.

That is something that can be added at some point in the future.  Good idea.

Weird question, but is there a way to have the database show how many bags come in each set? :blink:

I've bought a lot of new sets sans box, and one of the bigger pains is not knowing exactly how many bags to check for.

Yes this can definitely be added.  It will be a hard one to fill and will really be up to the community to populate from their open sets since this really isn't available on any of the other community sites.  I will add it for sure, and it will be good info to have. It will be one of those things that takes a long time to populate.

Ridiculous. Although I would like to push it and get the Orthanic. I have had to work a lot lately though. Lol

I do have some blogs and reviews I am finishing up. I feel bad no one is taking part in Ed's give-away. Lol Mine are coming though - hopefully a lot of them.

I will be doing plenty more reviews when I get home :D

Yes this can definitely be added.  It will be a hard one to fill and will really be up to the community to populate from their open sets since this really isn't available on any of the other community sites.  I will add it for sure, and it will be good info to have. It will be one of those things that takes a long time to populate.

Additionally, how about an option showing the amount of instruction booklets? Some sets do have multiples. Perhaps even another for the sticker sheets?

Dang it, no more database enhancing while nude then xD!

It's like video games, what other way is there but 'in the buff'? :laugh:

Bags is a good idea for sure - I have searched for this info a ton of times. We should clarify it to be total bags though. A lot of the newer sets have 3 bag 1s, 3 bag 2s, etc.

Ridiculous. Although I would like to push it and get the Orthanic. I have had to work a lot lately though. Lol

I do have some blogs and reviews I am finishing up. I feel bad no one is taking part in Ed's give-away. Lol Mine are coming though - hopefully a lot of them.

I'm completely swamped by stuff right now. I hate that I really have no time to review all the new sets I got or finish some of the articles I had for the contest before. I will probably dedicate to that kind of thing during winter and summer breaks most of the time with the occasional blog or review. Unless college stops pressuring me so much lol (can't see that happening)

Guest eightbrick

I'm completely swamped by stuff right now. I hate that I really have no time to review all the new sets I got or finish some of the articles I had for the contest before. I will probably dedicate to that kind of thing during winter and summer breaks most of the time with the occasional blog or review. Unless college stops pressuring me so much lol (can't see that happening)

Same, my site usage has probably fallen to a tenth of what it was in the past couple days. Busy time of year...

I just had an idea for one more entry in set data. How about showing what store/retailer the set is an exclusive to? For example under this category of "Exclusivity" (work in progress title), The Barrel Escape would read "Toys R Us" while The Zombies displays "Target". I believe this little bit of info can be helpful down the road especially for set reviews and evaluation articles as well as just plain curiosity.

Bags is a good idea for sure - I have searched for this info a ton of times. We should clarify it to be total bags though. A lot of the newer sets have 3 bag 1s, 3 bag 2s, etc.

This is variable. I had an open-box with sealed bags Green Grocer and I was sh***ing my pants when I was counting them to add the info to the eBay listing and found out that I had a different number of bags. Digging a little deeper, I found a variation of the set that had the amount of bags that I had.

Hi guys, please excuse my possibly silly question as I am just doing my first database submission. For those of us over the pond in the UK is the EAN barcode number acceptable for the UPC code. If it isn't is it possible to add a field for this piece of data to each set?

I think that is a good idea to have a second entry for the EAN barcode right underneath the UPC one because they are not the same. Good idea.

Hi guys, please excuse my possibly silly question as I am just doing my first database submission. For those of us over the pond in the UK is the EAN barcode number acceptable for the UPC code. If it isn't is it possible to add a field for this piece of data to each set?

Jeff mentioned this here: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/5320-enhance-the-brickpicker-database-and-earn-brickpoints/?p=156361

I just did a little research and it seems like they are very similar and that you could get the UPC from the EAN by dropping the country code off the front.  More info here:

http://www.nationwidebarcode.com/are-upc-a-and-ean-13-the-same/

Maybe check a few EAN numbers that you can find that already have a UPC entered and see if that works.

• Like 1

I just did a little research and it seems like they are very similar and that you could get the UPC from the EAN by dropping the country code off the front.  More info here:

I so did not know that. I tried looking up what the difference was before but didn't find anything particularly helpful. Thanks again, Grolim!

Jeff mentioned this here: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/5320-enhance-the-brickpicker-database-and-earn-brickpoints/?p=156361

Maybe check a few EAN numbers that you can find that already have a UPC entered and see if that works.

Apologies for asking the UPC code question again, in my haste I obviously missed the previous post.

Having done some checking of UPC code vs EAN codes, they sadly do not bear any resemblance to each other.  Some examples:

Barrel Escape (79004)

UPC Code 673419188265

EAN Code 5 702014 961296

DeLorean Time Machine (21103)

UPC Code 7341920239

EAN Code 5 702015 064835

Apologies for asking the UPC code question again, in my haste I obviously missed the previous post.

Having done some checking of UPC code vs EAN codes, they sadly do not bear any resemblance to each other.  Some examples:

Barrel Escape (79004)

UPC Code 673419188265

EAN Code 5 702014 961296

DeLorean Time Machine (21103)

UPC Code 7341920239

EAN Code 5 702015 064835

Hmm, that's a shame.  I thought it might be something like UK/International versions of the set having different box variations to the US one and therefore getting a completely different code.  but I don't think those sets have different boxes, not sure.  

I have had some success with just putting the code of one type like ASIN or EAN into Google and getting the UPC

Just wondering, has anyone else not been getting BrickPoints for updates? I did a few this Friday I think, and they haven't been approved. I don't know if that means they have been disapproved or something, but anxiety is killing me! Sorry if I sound like a whiney brat, BTW...

I have done some over the weekend. I have noticed that too, but I really do not care when I get the brickpoints. If I get them eventually, I'll be happy. I do not even know how many I did, but I can wait. I won't be doing many more updates, because school starts tomorrow for me.

Guest idunno101

Just wondering, has anyone else not been getting BrickPoints for updates? I did a few this Friday I think, and they haven't been approved. I don't know if that means they have been disapproved or something, but anxiety is killing me! Sorry if I sound like a whiney brat, BTW...

I think I heard  that Jeff was on vacation or something so that might be reason. When he gets back he'll probably get back into the routine.