Enhance the Brickpicker Database

Just wondering, has anyone else not been getting BrickPoints for updates? I did a few this Friday I think, and they haven't been approved. I don't know if that means they have been disapproved or something, but anxiety is killing me! Sorry if I sound like a whiney brat, BTW...

I'm not sure honestly. I usually get notifications when any are approved but I have not received any, and it doesn't help I can't really remember where my BrickPoints stood the other day. I took a gander at some of the sets I submitted data for and the info is displayed so I would assume they were approved? :scratchhead:

Correct, Jeff has been on vacation these past few days.

Yeah, there's that too.

I'm not sure honestly. I usually get notifications when any are approved but I have not received any, and it doesn't help I can't really remember where my BrickPoints stood the other day. I took a gander at some of the sets I submitted data for and the info is displayed so I would assume they were approved? :scratchhead:

Yeah, there's that too.

I think I got an extra 700 points today or something like that, but I did not receive any notification.

When we launched the Brickpoints store, I know many of you were probably thinking, "How the heck can I earn that many Brickpoints?"  There will be plenty of ways to earn points and then be rewarded with picking a set you really want.  There are A LOT of LEGO sets!!  Its hard keeping up with all the data, especially as new sets come along.  Well here is where Brickpicker Members can help and earn points for doing so.  Every set guide page will have a link to take you to a data page where you can enter in values (CORRECT VALUES PLEASE :) ) of information that we may not have, or maybe we have wrong.  If we are missing the number of pieces or retail values, you can enter it in here.  There will also be an open text box that will allow you to give details as to where your information came from.  If you want to have it reviewed quickly, please provide good information, links, etc so that we can verify easily. We will be notified that a submission is available to be reviewed.

You can find the link to add/edit information here:

attachicon.gifdatabase_brickpoints.jpg

There are plenty of options to help find and more on the way.  There are potentially hundreds of thousands of points to be earned, so that could help many of you make great progress towards getting a set that you want.  Every submission that gets approved is worth 10 Brickpoints.  When you view the form, the items you see listed in green are data points that we already have in the database.  Then you will see plenty of data points in there that are red that we need.  We are really trying to enhance our retail prices and set dimensions.  This will go a long way for the price guide and classifieds.

Take a look, let me know your thoughts, give it a shot and let's make Brickpicker even better.

------------------------------------------

I will update my main post with a few Q&A that I have received.

Will we be able to update photos (especially if one doesn't exist)?

Yes, this will be added

What happens if many people submit the same information for the same set?

Basically it will be first come first serve.  I have it set that the first person that gets data approved gets the credit and points, all the other submissions get deleted, so I will not have to worry about duplicated approvals

That's brilliant using crowd sourcing to have better data on the site.  Is it possible for us to throw out outliners on the completed listing?

Alrighty then. Everything before 2000 is considered old (much like I am).

Now that's what I call being super helpful. ^_^ Actually this just brought up a question in my mind, how many people here have measured a set they own when entering the data? I've done it myself for some polybags and a couple of odd sets.

A bit of a delay, due to holidays and too much Lego building :)

Quite a few had already been entered by other hard working people but I have submitted dimensions for:

One thing I did notice was that some still had there original prices on either in

Going on the box sticker can be a bit unreliable.  Yeah that UK price must be discounted and the NZ one is probably ok given the $21.99 US retail it seems about right.  It's hard with older sets as there is no web info to go on.  I've been sticking to shop@lego as the final word on pricing but they only have current retail.  These days most stores have a standard price that is the same across them and then have different discount levels, but back in the times when that 60559 was released it really was a bit of a lottery and the RRP was harder to pinpoint.

Jeff, when I go down to Set Category for the Friends Collectables and select "-- Collectables", it ends up sorting them as "Miscellaneous / Friends".

bp_1379572942__friends_category_3.png

Sometimes I even have the same problem happen when I just select "FRIENDS" from the drop down list for regular box sets and they too end up as Miscellaneous instead of simply Friends.

bp_1379570721__friends_category_1.png

bp_1379570876__friends_category_2.png

I don't know what I'm doing wrong like maybe I am selecting the wrong category? The main problem from this is they become incorrectly sorted and I don't find them where they should be. They all end up going under the Misc theme instead of Friends.

Hey, are we still getting notifications of our updates? I did a few last night, but haven't gotten any notifications. 

You only get the Notifications when Ed/Jeff approve them :)

Is there any word about when the brickpicker database will be "enhanced" with aug 2013 ebay data? :)

The last Jeff/Ed said on this was that now there is so much information, it can take days for it all to be uploaded. But be assured they are working on it.

• 1 month later...
Guest eightbrick

Just want to give you guys a friendly reminder about this... 5 BrickPoints per recent update, 10 for old ones. Seems like I'm the only one doing these things now. Your loss I guess. ;)

For those of you who want a link to the list of info needed...well here you go. Still a massive list, and by no means doable by a single person. :D

Thanks comicblast. I'll look into them.

Guest eightbrick

Anyone know how we can enter data for sets not in the database yet (eg. 2014 Ninjago sets)? Could I PM you Jeff with some info on those and stuff?

Just want to give you guys a friendly reminder about this... 5 BrickPoints per recent update, 10 for old ones. Seems like I'm the only one doing these things now. Your loss I guess. ;)

For those of you who want a link to the list of info needed...well here you go. Still a massive list, and by no means doable by a single person. :D

You are not the only one doing them. I have been doing some, just not as many as I used to.