**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

Keep Watching, I picked up a Daily Bugle for $31 at a target on clearance last week.

Thanks for the encouragement.  That would be great!  I don't plan on giving up until they are sold out, I just hope it happens soon because going to Target every day is getting old real fast.

Thanks for the encouragement.  That would be great!  I don't plan on giving up until they are sold out, I just hope it happens soon because going to Target every day is getting old real fast.

That, and the fact that they have you red flagged for entering their store for the last 15 days and not buying anything.

• Like 2

That's a good deal. I'd bite.

with the extra red card 5% off, it is $66.48 for 79111. I bought 1. With red card, the return period is 120 days instead of 90 days. The other day people talking hiding item hoping the hidden item will go cheaper. How about buying a product now, then if it ever goes cheaper, buy the cheaper one, then return the higher price one? As unethical as hiding the item? or no issue with that? sometimes I feel a little bad returning clearance purchase close to the return period, because the item will go straight to salvage instead of back to the shelf for another customer to buy. If you hide the items, at least other customers get the chance to buy it if they found it.

I am not sure if the lone ranger trains will go 50% off though. after being in this site, I regretted not buying the black pearl for 50% off from Target some time back. For some reasons, even with 50% off, couple weeks later, that set was still 50% off at the shelf. I passed on it twice. Should have bought one first, then think about whether it is worth to keep or to return later.

with the extra red card 5% off, it is $66.48 for 79111. I bought 1. With red card, the return period is 120 days instead of 90 days. The other day people talking hiding item hoping the hidden item will go cheaper. How about buying a product now, then if it ever goes cheaper, buy the cheaper one, then return the higher price one? As unethical as hiding the item? or no issue with that? sometimes I feel a little bad returning clearance purchase close to the return period, because the item will go straight to salvage instead of back to the shelf for another customer to buy. If you hide the items, at least other customers get the chance to buy it if they found it.

I am not sure if the lone ranger trains will go 50% off though. after being in this site, I regretted not buying the black pearl for 50% off from Target some time back. For some reasons, even with 50% off, couple weeks later, that set was still 50% off at the shelf. I passed on it twice. Should have bought one first, then think about whether it is worth to keep or to return later.

Most places do price matches to prevent those kind of returns.

It's ON.  Just visited the Downtown Seattle City Target at lunch.  They were putting on clearance stickers in the toy section.  They must have done Legos first (they were on boardgames while I was there).

Here is what I saw:

*30% - Castle Dragon Mountain - 70403

*30% - some TMNT (Ninja Turtles Stealth Shell in Pursuit 79102 and Ninja Turtles Shredder Dragon Bike 79101)

*30% - some City (City Police Museum Break-in 60008 - I think - a few others too)

*30% - The Hobbit Escape from Mirkwood Spiders

*30% - SpongeBob Heroic Heroes of the Deep 3815

*30% - Batman Bane Tumbler [only one left and someone hid it well - hahaha, I know all the tricks....]

*30% - DUPLO Ariel - the big one

*30% - Monster Fighters 9463 The Werewolf

*50% - 9498 Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter [they had a TON of these, maybe that is why 50%]

I addition, the polybags were $3.99.  Only TIEs and maybe three City ones left.  They were at checkout.  No Superhero sets, except for the hidden Tumbler, were on clearance.  The only discount I found greater than 30% was Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter.

I checked a few things without stickers to see if on clearance as well (Swamp Creature, The Mandarin Ultimate Showdown) - nope, all rang up regular price.

I didn't buy a thing (although the Starfighter was tempting) - no more storage room....  But I'll check next week and if any are left that go more than 50%, I may have to find some more bins!

***EDIT*** - also they had a big Galaxy Squad one at 30%, but I forget which one.  It was a big box.  I didn't see any Lone Ranger on sale.

Mez

post-14812-0-95193900-1373572976_thumb.j

It's ON.  Just visited the Downtown Seattle City Target at lunch.  They were putting on clearance stickers in the toy section.  They must have done Legos first (they were on boardgames while I was there).

Here is what I saw:

*30% - Castle Dragon Mountain - 70403

*30% - some TMNT (Ninja Turtles Stealth Shell in Pursuit 79102 and Ninja Turtles Shredder Dragon Bike 79101)

*30% - some City (City Police Museum Break-in 60008 - I think - a few others too)

*30% - The Hobbit Escape from Mirkwood Spiders

*30% - SpongeBob Heroic Heroes of the Deep 3815

*30% - Batman Bane Tumbler [only one left and someone hid it well - hahaha, I know all the tricks....]

*30% - DUPLO Ariel - the big one

*30% - Monster Fighters 9463 The Werewolf

*50% - 9498 Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter [they had a TON of these, maybe that is why 50%]

I addition, the polybags were $3.99.  Only TIEs and maybe three City ones left.  They were at checkout.  No Superhero sets, except for the hidden Tumbler, were on clearance.  The only discount I found greater than 30% was Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter.

I checked a few things without stickers to see if on clearance as well (Swamp Creature, The Mandarin Ultimate Showdown) - nope, all rang up regular price.

I didn't buy a thing (although the Starfighter was tempting) - no more storage room....  But I'll check next week and if any are left that go more than 50%, I may have to find some more bins!

Mez

The Jedi Starfighter is a good deal. Don't think the set will be a winner, but I would like to have one to build. I would jump at that price.

Just out of curiousity did u check this Target earlier in the week and now the train was placed on clearance.

the train was not marked for clearance last week. This is the first time I went to Target this week. not exactly sure when it was marked down, but there were definitely much more new markdowns than last week.

post-14603-0-50150000-1373573691_thumb.j

Surprisingly enough, I came across a LR Cavalry Builder Set for $9.08. Unfortunately, my mom decided at that moment to rush me out of Target and into the car. :(

Also all SpongeBob sets were on sale, a few Creator, the Crazy Scientist and his Monster for around $40. Also saw an Orc Forge for $35, and would have picked it up, except the box was super beat up.

That, and the fact that they have you red flagged for entering their store for the last 15 days and not buying anything.

HA!  Well, I checked another Target this afternoon about 20 miles from the one this morning and still nothing worth considering.  There were new markdowns, but only to 15% and nothing really desirable.  Those sets that were marked down 15% last week are still holding at 15%.  Fail.

I see how this is going to go... everyone will start to post great finds and I'll end up on the Target "watch list" for my daily visits until I give up in 3 weeks and they jump to 70% off the day after I stop going. :ermm:

HA!  Well, I checked another Target this afternoon about 20 miles from the one this morning and still nothing worth considering.  There were new markdowns, but only to 15% and nothing really desirable.  Those sets that were marked down 15% last week are still holding at 15%.  Fail.

I see how this is going to go... everyone will start to post great finds and I'll end up on the Target "watch list" for my daily visits until I give up in 3 weeks and they jump to 70% off the day after I stop going. :ermm:

Maintain your positivity my friend...I've been in and out of about 7 different Targets two or three times each and still haven't found anything worth buying....keep your head up or you'll miss something when it does appear.

Bought two Bane Tumbler Chase sets for $27.98 and one Daily Bugle for $34.98.  Those weren't marked down the other day.  I'm going back in the morning. 

I talked to an associate tonight in the toy dept and asked him if there would be additional markdowns tomorrow with the Black Friday in July thing.  He wasn't sure how it worked and he asked another guy if stuff would be marked for Black Friday or not, the other guy didn't know either.  He then got on the walkie and I told him thanks anyways.  He told me to hold on, since he wanted to know too.  The manager who got on the walkie said:

1.  It was only for Red Card Members

2.  It would only be the items listed in the email sent to Red Card Members (somebody posted the list earlier)  http://www.target.com/c/target-black-friday/-/N-5q0f2#?lnk=Other_HP_070713_ESPOT-1|ESPOT-1&intc=1158562|null

3.  Nothing would be marked and the discount would be taken off once you swiped your Red Card

Bought two Bane Tumbler Chase sets for $27.98 and one Daily Bugle for $34.98.  Those weren't marked down the other day.  I'm going back in the morning. 

I talked to an associate tonight in the toy dept and asked him if there would be additional markdowns tomorrow with the Black Friday in July thing.  He wasn't sure how it worked and he asked another guy if stuff would be marked for Black Friday or not, the other guy didn't know either.  He then got on the walkie and I told him thanks anyways.  He told me to hold on, since he wanted to know too.  The manager who got on the walkie said:

1.  It was only for Red Card Members

2.  It would only be the items listed in the email sent to Red Card Members (somebody posted the list earlier)  http://www.target.com/c/target-black-friday/-/******-5q0f2#?lnk=Other_HP_070713_ESPOT-1|ESPOT-1&intc=1158562|null

3.  Nothing would be marked and the discount would be taken off once you swiped your Red Card

I wonder if this verifies that it is "in-store" only.