**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

I was in bellingham. There is definitely a lot of Canadians that go through but i dunno if they are buying lego to lol

Which state?

I've totally given up on NY (at least in the Buffalo/Rochester area) as I'm pretty sure there are a lot of Canadians scoping that area. Ohio/Pennsylvania seems to have much better pickings.

Someone needs to figure out the cost of gas over multiple visits to Target and compare it to the actual $ savings from discounts.  

At the end,  I suspect buying the sets during online sales is a better deal.

lol I just submitted an article about the costs of LEGO investing and had something about this whole thing. Add wear and tear of the vehicle and things get even worse. You'll see once it goes live!

Common sense tells me clearance shopping is dumb.  At least in my area.  What a waste of time, gas, wear and tear, and emotionally draining! I am completely done---I refuse to even bother.  Online 100% for me from now on.

Unless you live in a place where you always find some sort of desl each time you visit the stores, I think it really makes no business sense to hunt the stores. Sure, it's great when you actually find something, but at the end of the day you may have lost the discount on all of the wasted trips.

• Like 1

Unless you live in a place where you always find some sort of desl each time you visit the stores, I think it really makes no business sense to hunt the stores. Sure, it's great when you actually find something, but at the end of the day you may have lost the discount on all of the wasted trips.

Luckily my targets are right here next to my work. There are seriously two within a mile of each other. And two walmarts across the street from them. I love it.

• Like 1

I learned my lesson when doing the store running thing. Now it's basically either hit the toy section when I'm at Walmart for a different reason, or stop at the ones that are on the way home. Luckily I have a Wal-Mart and Target both within 5 miles of my house, though I don't know if that's a blessing or curse as neither rarely ever clearances anything. The "hunting" thing was cool for awhile, I didn't even mind the gas expenditure but the time away from my family was what really made me stop.

Add me to the list of those considering the July toy clearance a "tank", "bust", "useless" for Lego buying, Luckily, I haven't wasted much gas driving, just my time.

Since I stopped driving to Targets, I spent that time online and found decent deals on retired sets that should be profitable this upcoming holiday season.

202? Are you from PA also?

No.  DE actually...Newark area.  Hit the Target at Glen Mills looking for some cheap MOMs.  I figured there had to be a big collector operating in these parts.  The stores in New Castle County are pretty bare ( I haven't checked the K-Mart at the Tri State Mall....but I'm not really eager to).  LOL!....I just realized your avatar was a Mamula jersey!...... 

No.  DE actually...Newark area.  Hit the Target at Glen Mills looking for some cheap MOMs.  I figured there had to be a big collector operating in these parts.  The stores in New Castle County are pretty bare ( I haven't checked the K-Mart at the Tri State Mall....but I'm not really eager to).  LOL!....I just realized your avatar was a Mamula jersey!......

I'm in the Phila. area I try to hit the Lego and Costco Christina stores 2-3x a year.

Yeah, Mike Mamula symbolizes my frustration with the Eagles I also still have a Shawn Bradley 76ers jersey to go along with a Steve Jeltz Phillies one to stay humble.

Someone needs to figure out the cost of gas over multiple visits to Target and compare it to the actual $ savings from discounts.  

At the end,  I suspect buying the sets during online sales is a better deal.

Whenever I go on an excessive hunt, I try to hit a kmart and spend at least $50 (lego or other things I may need). When you hit that mark they give you a coupon for 30 cents off per gallon of gas at BP stations. That savings (around $6) gets me about 2 1/2 gallons of gas for free. I get about 26 miles to a gallon. So, the way I see it, anything under 65 miles becomes economically justifiable.

• Like 1

Add me to the list of those considering the July toy clearance a "tank", "bust", "useless" for Lego buying, Luckily, I haven't wasted much gas driving, just my time.

Since I stopped driving to Targets, I spent that time online and found decent deals on retired sets that should be profitable this upcoming holiday season.

Once I cleared out my area of Orc Forges I'd agree. Mostly a bust I got a few Hobbit sets at 30% off and a few Orc Forges at 15% off. I've been picking up Medusas whenever I can so usually I can at least make a few bucks if I go out to Target and they have a fresh box of Series 10

I'm in the Phila. area I try to hit the Lego and Costco Christina stores 2-3x a year.

Yeah, Mike Mamula symbolizes my frustration with the Eagles I also still have a Shawn Bradley 76ers jersey to go along with a Steve Jeltz Phillies one to stay humble.

A company actually produced jerseys of those guys?  I've always wondered what the symbolism of the Mamula jersey was.   Figured there was a story there behind it.

Anyone finding the new big Coast Guard Boat on clearance? Like the Castle and the Train people are finding at 30% off? I ask because three of the boats disappeared in one day from one of my local Target stores. Cleared them out.

If not on sale, who is buying them up at full MSRP like that? Along with 5 Iron Man Malibu Mansions and other sets I know are gone, but wasn't watching as closely. Was there some flash sale I missed?

Target went 30% off today on some stuff. VC there at 70, I left them since the Walmart ones were so cheap, gonna wait on 50. That pirate ship LOTR is still sitting at 99.99 ugh.

no, its (VC) not going to be cheaper....69.99 great price. Ask emazers, please. I am doing to buy them all in my area....Vegas, baby.

P.S. May be u can find it for 50 but only one or two....i am not taking that chance....too small.

no, its (VC) not going to be cheaper....69.99 great price. Ask emazers, please. I am doing to buy them all in my area....Vegas, baby.

P.S. May be u can find it for 50 but only one or two....i am not taking that chance....too small.

I'm too greedy, the last three VC's I got were 10, 35 and 35.  I'm going to gamble