**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

Same here. No discounts on sets released just a few weeks/months ago.......makes sense to me that this is correct. Agree w/ you about incompetent and lazy employees.

I actually disagree. I think there have been too many Lone Ranger sets marked down across the country for random employees to be the cause. Unless the random employee was at corporate because I believe they get directives for what to put on sale and when. I would bet it's more a case of corporate revenue managers analyzing sales at specific stores and throwing these new sets into the mix to help boost numbers.

I actually disagree. I think there have been too many Lone Ranger sets marked down across the country for random employees to be the cause. Unless the random employee was at corporate because I believe they get directives for what to put on sale and when. I would bet it's more a case of corporate revenue managers analyzing sales at specific stores and throwing these new sets into the mix to help boost numbers.

I could see this. Maybe they told them, this series isn't that great, if there are a lot left, clearance them.

I should've clarified.  I was referring more to the new LOTR and Coast Guard/Castle sets that folks have been seeing on clearance.  I suspect that LR is being clearanced for different reasons.

Yeah, the LR I can kinda see, but I doubt there's a very solid explanation as to why the hell a Black gate would already be seeing a clearance of 30-50% off. If you look at the last page, I formulated that comment after someone found a Black Gate at a ridiculous price.

That being said, I'd still gladly take any Lone Ranger stuff off their hands at 30% or more. Around here it's all still MSRP.

Anyone have any thoughts at what price the Monster Fighters Hearse would be worth buying? My local Target has 39 @ $24 and they haven't sold one in two weeks. I was thinking $10 might be the only price worth buying, and probably only 3 or 4 at that.

24 is still a bit steep for many, but at 10, I think those things would be flying off shelves. If I remember, Wal-Mart knocked them down to 17 or 18 I believe when they clearanced them, and when Kmart.com clearanced them out at 13 a pop, they were gone in minutes. So you may have to go ahead and bite at a higher price than 10, if you really want any.

Then again, alot of it could depend on your local market, as well. If you think they could reach 10 without selling out, then try waiting it out.

Since this is a Target Post, A good investment money maker are the Mega Bloks Halo Big sets, Target has the Rhino Set half Price $42.99 I got 14 of them, Toys R Us still wants $90 for them, but the Big halo sets are the good ones. I been buying and selling the Mega Bloks Sets for a few years now, and do pretty good on them. So for $42.99 its a good deal. Ed

34glyja.jpg

• Like 4

Since this is a Target Post, A good investment money maker are the Mega Bloks Halo Big sets, Target has the Rhino Set half Price $42.99 I got 14 of them, Toys R Us still wants $90 for them, but the Big halo sets are the good ones. I been buying and selling the Mega Bloks Sets for a few years now, and do pretty good on them. So for $42.99 its a good deal. Ed

Mega Bloks on a Lego investing site?! Blashphemy!!!! :laugh: I'm just giving you grief.

I have already seen those very large Halo sets go straight to half off at the beginning of this Target summer clearance thing. At that price, you have to admit they are very tempting and could make a pretty good flip for anyone willing to give it a go. I'm not versed on investing in Mega Bloks but I'm guessing the real key is the Halo name more than the actual product here. I think I've also seen those World of Warcraft sets for half off at Target too.

34glyja.jpg

Thanks, great tip...

Went to 8 different Targets in my area.  I got this theory where the highest volume stores have the fewest discounts. 

The only things I picked up from those 2 high volume stores in my area were 1 Orc Forge that was left over.  Most of the discounts are those Creators 3in1 set and the Planets that nobody wants.

As for the other 6 Targets, I found these gems and a fairly consistent of assortments of the discounts mentioned in the thread (30% off 1st wave LOTR, 50% TMNT, 30% SpongeBob)

2 Kings Castle @ 70

2 Helms Deep @ 85

1 LR Train @ 70 (no LR discounts other than that rest were full price @ all stores that had stock previously)

2 Surprises I passed on:

75013 SW MHC and Rancor @ 30% off

It seems like they markdown if they are not moving plus certain nationwide discounts based on volume of the store.

Why in the world are they clearing out Blackgates at your Target? Has it even been 3 weeks since it hit shelves?

Yeah not sure.  This was in Huntington Beach CA.  So it was a pretty affluent neighborhood.  All the other legos were at full price, even the Mad Scientist and Vampyre Hearse.  These are sets I EXPECT to be atleast 15-30% off.  The Black Gate was on the endcap in the clearance section with all the toys no one wants.  Weird...i looked around to see if anyone was watching ha ha....i felt like one of the hoodlums on Baitcar. 

Bought the last Uruk Hai Army at a local Target for $24.98 because the public couldn't help themselves and went through about 13 of them since they were marked down only 15% a couple weeks ago.  They're all so easily impressed.  COME ON PEOPLE!!!

Mega Bloks on a Lego investing site?! Blashphemy!!!! :laugh: I'm just giving you grief.

I have already seen those very large Halo sets go straight to half off at the beginning of this Target summer clearance thing. At that price, you have to admit they are very tempting and could make a pretty good flip for anyone willing to give it a go. I'm not versed on investing in Mega Bloks but I'm guessing the real key is the Halo name more than the actual product here. I think I've also seen those World of Warcraft sets for half off at Target too.

I managed to get in on some of the Kre-O Transformers when they were clearanced, and now I'm noticing I can't find them around anywhere...just a hint, these things could end up being "more than meets the eye" as investments. Sorry, couldn't help myself there. :logik:

Yeah not sure.  This was in Huntington Beach CA.  So it was a pretty affluent neighborhood.  All the other legos were at full price, even the Mad Scientist and Vampyre Hearse.  These are sets I EXPECT to be atleast 15-30% off.  The Black Gate was on the endcap in the clearance section with all the toys no one wants.  Weird...i looked around to see if anyone was watching ha ha....i felt like one of the hoodlums on Baitcar. 

Anyone have any thoughts at what price the Monster Fighters Hearse would be worth buying? My local Target has 39 @ $24 and they haven't sold one in two weeks. I was thinking $10 might be the only price worth buying, and probably only 3 or 4 at that.

Raleigh, NC

Sorry MFs that I see are Werewolf, Vamp Hearse, Mummy, Mad Scientist Lab, VC usually has some box issue, haven't seen a swamp creature in a long time

Seriously, What is up with Monster Fighters?  I have found a few 30% off Vampire Castles, but otherwise it's between 0% to 15%.  And the prices are holding steady.  I thought these would be the first to get blown out.  However, I remain patient . . .

Seriously, What is up with Monster Fighters?  I have found a few 30% off Vampire Castles, but otherwise it's between 0% to 15%.  And the prices are holding steady.  I thought these would be the first to get blown out.  However, I remain patient . . .

It's baffling to me too. Whatever is left of these Monsters should be so discounted, it isn't funny. I'm hoping this coming Thursday will have some great (or at least better) discounts than the last couple of weeks.

It's baffling to me too. Whatever is left of these Monsters should be so discounted, it isn't funny. I'm hoping this coming Thursday will have some great (or at least better) discounts than the last couple of weeks.

Could it be bc Halloween will be here shortly?

Could it be bc Halloween will be here shortly?

Now there's an entertaining thought. I wonder if some of the retailers are holding onto some stock for that time of year. Maybe, perhaps not. I think emazers said something about the Vampyre Castle as a possible candidate for this year's Black Friday.

I hope I am wrong, If it would be Target's Black Friday Sale, that means thousands of more vampire castle's flood the market. Target had the Black Pearl for the Black Friday sale, and Toys R Us had the Ninjango 2507 Fire Temple for $91 on Black Friday. So maybe Toys R Us Black Friday sale might be the Epic Battle. But if you look at the Black Pearl and the Fire Temple 7 month's later and there price has increased pretty fast.

• Like 1

What % discounts can we expect on Black Friday at the various retailers?

25% is pretty common, the Black Pearl was $75 at Target last year.  Although, none of the Targets I stopped by on Black Friday carried any.

$91 for the Fire Temple was about 25% off MSRP as well at TRU.  With TRU, you never know what they are going to use as their base price.

Has anyone only seen one markdown this month at Target? The closest Target to me started off at 30% (around the 4th) and hasn't lowered the prices since. Is it possible some stores are skipping the 15 & 50 % levels opting for 30% & 70% only?  Be a great deal if that were to happen.

Sure hope so, this is getting annoying.  Only things i've picked up are the excavation transport, and a couple museum break ins and a mine.