**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

Quick question from a newbie. Is the Target "Weekly Ad" website http://weeklyad.target.com/san-jose-ca-95123/homepage?promotion=Target-130714 a good place to check for these Lego clearance sales/markdowns, or is my best bet to make a route of stores and go check in person each week.

And if each week, is there a particular day they tend to start their markdowns/sales?

Quick question from a newbie. Is the Target "Weekly Ad" website http://weeklyad.target.com/san-jose-ca-95123/homepage?promotion=Target-130714 a good place to check for these Lego clearance sales/markdowns, or is my best bet to make a route of stores and go check in person each week.

And if each week, is there a particular day they tend to start their markdowns/sales?

I can tell you that not all sales and clearances are put into the add. I don't think that going every week is going to be worth it, but checking often during the after-Christmas clearance and Summer clearance is a great idea. In between these times, the effort can be draining, and usually not worth it, from my own experiences. 

To answer your second question, Targets clearance and mark down items on Thursdays. I don't know about Walmarts or TRU's though. Also just out of curiosity, does anyone go "clearance" shopping at TRU?

• Like 1

I can tell you that not all sales and clearances are put into the add. I don't think that going every week is going to be worth it, but checking often during the after-Christmas clearance and Summer clearance is a great idea. In between these times, the effort can be draining, and usually not worth it, from my own experiences. 

To answer your second question, Targets clearance and mark down items on Thursdays. I don't know about Walmarts or TRU's though. Also just out of curiosity, does anyone go "clearance" shopping at TRU?

Thanks! I appreciate the advice. Can't get out of the house today (I've been notified by my husband that if I don't get some of the inventory he's photographed up on eBay, we are, and I quote, "Going to starve." So melodramatic.  :rofl:  But he's probably right, as usual.

I hit a few today on a business trip. Going to check a few more tomorrow. First couple were a bust with only a few sets at 15% off.

Found one with two Orc Forge's left marked down 15% off. I picked those up. Also grabbed a Vermon Vaporizer for 50% off inspired by grolim's blog (I think that is right). Looks like a fun build.

Also grabbed two Mia's Bedroom's for 50% off at a final stop. So nothing earthshattering but not too bad.

Not Target related, but found a Wal-Mart with three Luke's Landspeeders on the shelf for $17 each. I have not seen that set in a Wal-Mart for a LONG time.

Hit the Target by my house again on the way home and I can say the Lego aisle is a pretty sore sight at this point. Most everything that was ever marked 15% down is now sold, and there are now huge empty gaps in the aisles because they aren't replenishing stock quickly. enough. 1st wave LOTR is completely gone, and all that's left of clearance are a few Creator sets. My Target refuses to clearance anything Lone Ranger and all they've clearanced on Star Wars are the planets.

I hit up 3 different Targets in Lincoln, they all had some variances in what they had clearanced.  I picked up

(2) Superman Black Zero Escape @$9.98

Colby City Showdown @$34.98

Commanche Camp @$13.98

at one Target and

(2) Council of Elrond @$20.98

at another.  The 3rd had not moved anything further this Thursday, so I'm waiting.  They have Apple Tree Houses at $31.00 right now, but had a stack of them, so I'm waiting.  Hope it doesn't bite my butt.  I was surprised to find new LotR sets already clearanced.  This was also the first week that Lone Ranger was clearanced here as well.  Some Planet sets were $7, but didn't bite just yet, as it would be to build.  Still no Helm's Deep clearances, not sure what's going on there.  Orc Forges officially all gone as well. 

I hit up 3 different Targets in Lincoln, they all had some variances in what they had clearanced.  I picked up

(2) Superman Black Zero Escape @$9.98

Colby City Showdown @$34.98

Commanche Camp @$13.98

at one Target and

(2) Council of Elrond @$20.98

at another.  The 3rd had not moved anything further this Thursday, so I'm waiting.  They have Apple Tree Houses at $31.00 right now, but had a stack of them, so I'm waiting.  Hope it doesn't bite my butt.  I was surprised to find new LotR sets already clearanced.  This was also the first week that Lone Ranger was clearanced here as well.  Some Planet sets were $7, but didn't bite just yet, as it would be to build.  Still no Helm's Deep clearances, not sure what's going on there.  Orc Forges officially all gone as well. 

I like the Council fo Elrond and Colby City deals.  I would be all over both of those sets.  :thumbsup:

The others are good too, I'm just not a huge fan of the sets.

I like the Council fo Elrond and Colby City deals.  I would be all over both of those sets.  :thumbsup:

The others are good too, I'm just not a huge fan of the sets.

I was disappointed that the Stagecoach or Train were not discounted, they are the ones I want along with the Cavalry builder.  The LR supply in my town is very limited, it has sold very well here.

I was disappointed that the Stagecoach or Train were not discounted, they are the ones I want along with the Cavalry builder.  The LR supply in my town is very limited, it has sold very well here.

I found the LR Train for 30% off here but I just couldn't pull the trigger (pardon the Lone Ranger pun).  There were a few left so I'm waiting for it to drop to 50%.

I found the LR Train for 30% off here but I just couldn't pull the trigger (pardon the Lone Ranger pun).  There were a few left so I'm waiting for it to drop to 50%.

Good luck with that. With my luck, I wouldn't have a chance at even seeing one at more than 30% off, but maybe you have better luck than me. Tell us if you pull it off! 

my target had 9464 vampire hearse for $24.48 (30% off) & 5766 log cabin for 20.98 (30% off) I picked up one of each. they had other stuff down to 30% off but these were the only two that had only one of each left the others all had three or more so I figure I'll wait and see if they drop a little more.

Picked up a few clearance sets today at target today

9473 MoM @30% off

70705 bug obliterator @ 50% off

3818 x 3 bikini bottom @ 50% off

6866 wolv. chopper showdown @ 30% off

Any opinions on bug obliterator?  there were several more at 50% off, no interest in galaxy quest but half off works for me. 

also saw the LR train down to 69.99 but several there so hoping it will reach 50%