**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

Opinion needed on Galaxy 70705 reg. $79.99, clearance at $39.88 less 5% for Red Card.

for personal collection that's a great price. for investment, I'd pass. I have learned the hard way not to invest in space themes (other than star wars of course). they just don't excite the kids like they used to. if i can get it at 70% off, which a lot of galaxy squad should see eventually in my area, then I might bite on a few. otherwise save your investment dollars for something else.

This wknd Target in Northern VA had

$13.98 MOS - Black Zero (check end cap, not shelf)

$34.98 TLR - Colby City

$9.08 TLR - Calvery

$13.98 TLR - Comanche Camp

Other clearance i saw this week from last was Spongebob boat, Star Wars Headhunter, City Fire, Creator smaller vehicle sets only, Bionicle, Gal Squad both large vehicle sets.

Last week I picked up the TMNT Shellraiser for $44, Friends Speedboat for $6, Friends water scooter for $4

Thanks for the tips!

Several of my local targets have the following at 15-30% off

LOTR/Hobbit - Whole LOTR 1st Wave except Helms Deep, Mirkwood

Spongebob - Glove World, Flying Dutchman, Heroic Heroes of the Deep

Avengers - Quinjet

DC - Batcave

Friends - Olivia's Speedboat, Cool Convertible

MF- Entire Line

Other - Log Cabin, Duplo Disney Stuff

Several of my local targets have the following at 15-30% off

LOTR/Hobbit - Whole LOTR 1st Wave except Helms Deep, Mirkwood

Spongebob - Glove World, Flying Dutchman, Heroic Heroes of the Deep

Avengers - Quinjet

DC - Batcave

Friends - Olivia's Speedboat, Cool Convertible

MF- Entire Line

Other - Log Cabin, Duplo Disney Stuff

Man where are you at? All of MF line has been sold out at all my targets for ages.

• Like 1

Hit my Target up today....someone was definitely hiding the clearance items (Badly might I add).  So many sets hidden or turned around to hide the clearance tags.

Scored some good stuff after some digging though

9468 VC for 85.00 - 15% off (not the best i know, but last one on the shelf and I don't have any)

75004 Z-95 Headhunter for 25.00 - 50% off

76001 Bat vs. Bane : Tumbler Chase for 27.00 - 30% off

79001 Escape from Mirkwood Spiders for 25.00 - 15% off

4x  9461The Swamp Creature for 4.90 - 30% off

60001 Fire Chief Car for 6.00 - 50% off

60003 Fire Emergency for 27.00 - 30% off

The only LR on clearance was the Comanche Camp which I don't see potential in.  Some Spongebob, creator and Galaxy stuff that has already been mentioned and all still at 15% off.  One Helm's Deep and one MF "The Crazy Scientist & His Monster" at retail which bugs me lol.

Mines of Moria went down to $55 and some odd cents but again did not bite. I still rather put some cash into a Quinjet or Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout but neither was on sale. Okay, Quinjet was $10 off. (Whoopee.) Only thing half off was The Hobbit game at $17.48 so I got myself one. Some good hard-to-come-by parts in there. Found the Yoda Chronicles book finally. :biggrin: (Wasn't on sale but price matched with Amazon and saved like $7.)

Everything else was regular retail. You guys finding The Lone Ranger, Coast Guard, and Galaxy Squad sets for anything off are majorly lucky. :thumbsup:

My local Target has the TMNT The Shellraiser Street Chase (79104) for $29.95, 50% off MSRP.  I don't really like the theme, but picked up two just in case.  I am still delibrating whether to return it or keep it.  Tough choice...

Yeah I had the same dilemma last week. I ended up buying three but two were given away as gifts (to a 5 and 6 year old that is an awesome present). Kept the third but it might see the same fate. I just can't leave that on the shelf, I could sell minifigs alone for more then $30.

Mines of Moria went down to $55 and some odd cents but again did not bite. I still rather put some cash into a Quinjet or Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout but neither was on sale. Okay, Quinjet was $10 off. (Whoopee.) Only thing half off was The Hobbit game at $17.48 so I got myself one. Some good hard-to-come-by parts in there. Found the Yoda Chronicles book finally. :biggrin: (Wasn't on sale but price matched with Amazon and saved like $7.)

Everything else was regular retail. You guys finding The Lone Ranger, Coast Guard, and Galaxy Squad sets for anything off are majorly lucky. :thumbsup:

Yeah I have not seen any of these new themes clearanced nor star wars. Pretty much all creator, some city, all MF, and all old LOTR except HD :(

Hit my Target up today....someone was definitely hiding the clearance items (Badly might I add).  So many sets hidden or turned around to hide the clearance tags.

Scored some good stuff after some digging though

9468 VC for 85.00 - 15% off (not the best i know, but last one on the shelf and I don't have any)

75004 Z-95 Headhunter for 25.00 - 50% off

76001 Bat vs. Bane : Tumbler Chase for 27.00 - 30% off

79001 Escape from Mirkwood Spiders for 25.00 - 15% off

4x  9461The Swamp Creature for 4.90 - 30% off

60001 Fire Chief Car for 6.00 - 50% off

60003 Fire Emergency for 27.00 - 30% off

The only LR on clearance was the Comanche Camp which I don't see potential in.  Some Spongebob, creator and Galaxy stuff that has already been mentioned and all still at 15% off.  One Helm's Deep and one MF "The Crazy Scientist & His Monster" at retail which bugs me lol.

Not too bad, about the same as mine although I would definitely love to find the HeadHunter for 50% off!

After sharing the same initial disappointment that many of you have been experiencing, I finally, FINALLY, hit some Target clearance paydirt this week!  The one nearest my house got me the following on Thursday (Prices before tax):

1X 6866 - Wolverine's Chopper Showdown @ $13.28.

2X 79111 - Lone Ranger Constitution Train Chase @ $66.48 each.

1X 9474 - Battle of Helm's Deep @ $86.46.

Then yesterday I went to a Target not TOO far from my work that I hadn't visited before and picked up:

2X 9471 - Uruk-Hai Army @ $19.93 each.

All prices were after 30% discount and additional 5% Red Card discount.

Observations:

1) The other Target in the city where I live still has dismal discounts.  Serves to show that you never know what you're going to find on any given occasion.

2) The Target near my house with the deals had many Lone Ranger Comanche Camps and Calvary Builder sets at 30% off too.  I went back to it yesterday to get the last Lone Ranger train for a co-worker's kid and all of the Comanche Camps and Calvary Builder sets were gone, yet the train was still there.  Hmmmm . . .

3) Monster Fighters sets are starting to come out of the woodwork and reappear on shelves, but the discounts are mostly really poor.  (Come on!  Stuntman Mike wants some more Vampire Hearses!)

4) I still haven't found any Friends on clearance at all at ANY Targets that I've been visiting.

Anyway, keep your chins up, Brickpickers!   This clearance event isn't over yet!

Picked up:

3 Orc Forges at 33.48 each

2 76005 Daily Bugle Showdown for 34.98 each

and some misc. Lotr, spongebob, SW sets

Found a 9442 Ninjago set sealed for 2.56, couldn't resist!

Just came back from Target with 3 Orc Forges and 2 Daily Bugles as well, same pricing.

Also picked up a few more MF 9464 at around ~24.

EDIT - Also turned down a few good boxed VC at 85, 15% doesn't seem good enough when I already have a half dozen or so that I got at better pricing. -_-

• Like 1

Just came back from Target with 3 Orc Forges and 2 Daily Bugles as well, same pricing.

Also picked up a few more MF 9464 at around ~24.

EDIT - Also turned down a few good boxed VC at 85, 15% doesn't seem good enough when I already have a half dozen or so that I got at better pricing. -_-

I feel the same way, I got good deals on my VC's.  15 isn't good enough yet.  Would you bite on 70? or wait till 50?

I feel the same way, I got good deals on my VC's.  15 isn't good enough yet.  Would you bite on 70? or wait till 50?

I've already taken the plunge at 70, so I would defintely continue to fill my stock at that price point.

But with the availability seeming to dwindle locally, I couldn't see them dropping to 50 and actually staying on the shelves.

• Like 1

Why in the world are they clearing out Blackgates at your Target? Has it even been 3 weeks since it hit shelves?

Target clearancing has been so incredibly random. My guess is that the "toy manager" of some stores is just completely incompetent  and didn't pay attention to particular sets that were supposed to be clearanced from the corporate office, and just chose to clearance whatever they wanted. Probably laziness.

Target clearancing has been so incredibly random. My guess is that the "toy manager" of some stores is just completely incompetent  and didn't pay attention to particular sets that were supposed to be clearanced from the corporate office, and just chose to clearance whatever they wanted. Probably laziness.

I would say this right here. It can only make sense the people managing these sales are not paying enough attention as to what is and is not supposed to be going on sale. Now I hardly have a problem with it. I mean, if for some reason any store around me offered a brand new set (especially a big one) for half off already, I'm takin' it! With that said, I am envious of the members who are finding these pricing mistakes. (Not in a mean way, mind you.)

I would say this right here. It can only make sense the people managing these sales are not paying enough attention as to what is and is not supposed to be going on sale. Now I hardly have a problem with it. I mean, if for some reason any store around me offered a brand new set (especially a big one) for half off already, I'm takin' it! With that said, I am envious of the members who are finding these pricing mistakes. (Not in a mean way, mind you.)

Yeah...around here, I'm still waiting for that one incompetent toy aisle person to show up. Nothing is ever found here even reomotely close to what some find. I guess the HR folks and management around here do a good job in hiring quality people... :ermm:

Yeah...around here, I'm still waiting for that one incompetent toy aisle person to show up. Nothing is ever found here even reomotely close to what some find. I guess the HR folks and management around here do a good job in hiring quality people... :ermm:

Same here.  No discounts on sets released just a few weeks/months ago.......makes sense to me that this is correct.  Agree w/ you about incompetent and lazy employees.