**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

I picked up 1 Attack of the Wargs for $35 and two Mirkwood spiders for $20 each. The target I visited is about 1.5 hours from my house and had LOTS of 15-30% off clearance.

No TLR on sale and no Train in stock, no first wave LOTR sets in stock at all. Only star wars clearance was Camino Planets set.

Some SB sets at 30% off. Quinjet for $48 but I got some at $40 (at walmart) and I know a few stores who still have 20-30 of these in stock near me.

Just came back from a few Targets in the L.A. area and here's the list

(3) Umbaran MHC 75013 - 35% including Redcard

(2) Constitution Train Chase 79111 - 35% including Redcard

(6) The Shellraiser Street Chase 79104 - 55% including Redcard

(1) MoM 9473 - 35% including Redcard

(6) Uruk hai Army 9471 - 35% including Redcard

It was a great day...

The Target in Burbank also have the Ironman vs The Mandarin 76008 for 30% off. With my Red Card is came out to $9.41 after tax. I'm kinda surprise to see that on clearance. 

Went to a target today that had Helm's in stock. Everything LOTR had been marked down... Except Helm's Deep. SO irritating.

Funny story though, everything was only down 15% and when I was there before there were about 15 MoM. Someone bought them all for $65 a piece when another Target about 15 miles away has 12 for $53!

Clearly that person needs to get on this site!

Check it out, several of the sets online are at around 15% off. I also just noticed a code on my app for additional 15% order $100 or more (here is the code: appexcl2). And addtional 5% for RedCard folks. I ordered few sets my total was 33% off MSRP. I am a happy camper and no driving around required! Happy Lego shopping. Note that the code works only Friday and Saturday so hurry and check the website.

Not much to report here. Seen Hobbit 79001 "clearanced" for $25 and like 15% off here and there, nothing interesting.

That was the only Hobbit set I saw with a clearance tag at all right beside Uruk-hai Army with the same discount. Everything else still at full retail. Knowing my stores, everything for 2013 (1st wave or not) will be available the entire year with maybe a discount.

I know markdowns don't happen until late in the week again, but I stopped at Target during lunch today. Changes to note:

4 different Star Wars battle packs are now price cut to $10 even.

A stack of Ghost Trains appeared on the shelf at full MSRP.

The Orc Forge ship has suddenly sailed. There were 2 sitting there forever and I was going to wait until clearance. Someone either panicked or a roaming picker grabbed them. Seems unlikely that a parent would buy two, but maybe. Oh well.

All of the new LOTR sets that were there are gone as well, which is odd since they had two of everything and even more of the small set.

Nothing on clearance at my own local Target but they did have all the Star Wars battlepacks priced at 10.00 even.  Came out to 10.00 even with my red card.  Not bad.  I picked up Endor battlepacks since I don't see those discounted frequently.  Not sure if this is advertised or already posted somewhere.

Nothing on clearance at my own local Target but they did have all the Star Wars battlepacks priced at 10.00 even.  Came out to 10.00 even with my red card.  Not bad.  I picked up Endor battlepacks since I don't see those discounted frequently.  Not sure if this is advertised or already posted somewhere.

Wasn't in the circular...just think it's an unadvertised sale.  I also picked up 3x Endor packs....will go nicely w/ Ewok Village.

My Target was a dud. The only items on sale was a 17% off 79001 Escape from Mirkwood Spiders and some Spongebob sets were 25% off. Some Creator sets were 10% off as well. I didn't get any LEGO. However, I did get the Dumb and Dumber movie along with the Dumb and Dumberer. I've never seen either of the movies and I plan on watching them today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnkefjCES-4

Dumb and Dumber is probably one of the funniest movies made.  Don't bother with the other one, it will only tarnish that warm fuzzy feeling you have from watching the original.  It's also one of those movies that you need to watch a couple times to see the little things in the background, because there's lot of funny stuff that you don't notice right away that you see the 3rd time that is just hilarious. 

• Like 1

Guest ph4tb0i

I took a trip down to the states today...and I found NOTHING. Most of the shelves were bare, and everything was regular price except for 9497 Republic Striker 35.99 (reg 44.99) but didn't like it enough to get it. Too many Canadians going through, maybe? lol

Which state?

I've totally given up on NY (at least in the Buffalo/Rochester area) as I'm pretty sure there are a lot of Canadians scoping that area. Ohio/Pennsylvania seems to have much better pickings. 

I'm giving up on this non-event.  Half of my Targets don't know what I'm talking about when I ask and the other half only have small discounts on small sets.

Any large set that gets to 15% is gone.

This, and I'm even seeing sets cleared out at full price.  :wacko:

Someone needs to figure out the cost of gas over multiple visits to Target and compare it to the actual $ savings from discounts.  

At the end,  I suspect buying the sets during online sales is a better deal.

It's always gas vs. the hunt (fun factor) equation.

Dumb and Dumber is probably one of the funniest movies made.  Don't bother with the other one, it will only tarnish that warm fuzzy feeling you have from watching the original.  It's also one of those movies that you need to watch a couple times to see the little things in the background, because there's lot of funny stuff that you don't notice right away that you see the 3rd time that is just hilarious.

The John Denver line is my favorite of the whole movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV3E5e7fZ6M