**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

Man alive, the closer it gets to this Friday, the more intense the waiting game becomes!

With that said, I hope everyone finds what they want. Cheers, mates. :drinks:

Agreed. And hopefully everyone wants LOTR and Hobbit sets because I'm really only after the Super Heroes. I still don't have the Spider-Man Daily Bugle and it'd be great to get another Iron Man Mansion for a more true to life MOC.

Was at 2 Targets today. They had the 70705 marked down from $79.99 to $39.99. I am not sure of this series though. Anyone have any thoughts?

I don't think it's a great investment set long term compared to putting that money into LOTR or something else. I would rather gamble on the half-off TMNT Shellraiser Chase. But I will buy one at that price to build, because I love the ship in it and it looks like it has some cool elements.

Hit another Target today because I had errands to run and was in a different part of town. 15% off all MF, Spongebob, and most Creator stuff. No doscount on LOTR, Hobbit, or Super Heroes. Pretty sad, really. One VCleft at this location, its 85 right now and if it makes it to 30% off I assume its going to be snatched fast. No way its going to make it to 50%.

Hit another Target today because I had errands to run and was in a different part of town. 15% off all MF, Spongebob, and most Creator stuff. No doscount on LOTR, Hobbit, or Super Heroes. Pretty sad, really. One VCleft at this location, its 85 right now and if it makes it to 30% off I assume its going to be snatched fast. No way its going to make it to 50%.

It is weird how they are doing this stuff. I have hit probably 6-7 Targets in the Seattle area, and none of them have discounted MF yet at all, if they have it on the shelves. No Super Heroes either outside of the one place I saw the Bat/Bane set.

Going to try a few more tomorrow hoping the Thursday thing works though.

I can't get behind any of the new Galaxy Squad sets. Take this one for instance. It's an $80 set that has 3 small to medium sized builds. A $80 space set should be one single awesome ship. If I wanted 3 smaller sets I would buy them individually.

This is a very valid point. I guess at $40 I figure it is worth it for the price, but yeah, I saw a few of these at 30% off for $56 and didn't really consider them.

Is it pretty much the consensus that perhaps on friday morning sets will be marked down? Isn't this what happened last year?

I don't know. I mean, there is supposed to be a "preview day" of the "Bonus Black Friday" right? Well, that has to be online only. So I wonder if we won't see in store mark downs to the next level (30% or 50% depending on where they are now) tomorrow, then even deeper markdowns on Friday, but online only and then in store deeper markdowns following suit next Thursday.

Yeah same here except for one of my Targets that already had their MF on sale at 30% off. They had 2 Vamp castles at $70. Oddly enough, The Ghost Train was NOT on sale. I'm going to check back on that Target next week as it is in a almost rural area between two bigger cities so I'm thinking some of those MF will make it lower.

So my target has all the sponge bob sets on 30% off clearance. What do you all think? Any worth picking up? They are full to the brim.

personally, if they are heavy on stock I would wait for 50% off. check in every other day or so if it is practical for you to do so, and if they start to disappear then buy a few at 30%.

From the 8 MOM that spent MONTHS on the shelves. there are only 2 left thanks to the $ 12 clearance... people around me take whatever discount they can lol

I read this like they went to $12 and there were two left.  I was gonna ask what idiots left a $12 MOM...

• Like 1

Agreed. And hopefully everyone wants LOTR and Hobbit sets because I'm really only after the Super Heroes. I still don't have the Spider-Man Daily Bugle and it'd be great to get another Iron Man Mansion for a more true to life MOC.

Keep Watching, I picked up a Daily Bugle for $31 at a target on clearance last week.