**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

Is the 20% off Spongebob Lego coupon from the Target website still applicable?

I used one a couple of months ago, but I'll try another one today and let you know. I'm assuming the answer is yes because the fine print does not exclude clearance items.

I picked up a lego Spongebob set at my local Target that was marked down 30%.  I bundled that with an online Target coupon that is 20% off any Lego Spongebob set.  Made it nearly half off.  Only a few other duplo sets were 30% off.  That was all.

Wow--that is good since the coupon is expired.  They wouldn't let me use it.  They scanned it, register rejected it.

http://coupons.target.com/printable-coupon/kczfeo

You can still print it out--just won't scan.  Called the mgr over, and mgr said they were on clearance, and can't use coupon on clearance.

Curious what was the date on your coupon? I just printed one today and the date says 7/20/13.

It was the new one in Auto Mall (Christie Street, next to ToysRUs). I'm sure it was a fluke, and I grabbed all three they had, but if you wanna check it out feel free! I plan on going back regularly to see when and if anything else goes on sale.

Thanks for the info. I've been there a few times, but never seen anything worthwhile. Congrats on the find!

My MoM's were $55, it was by far the best deal right now, but with 6 on the shelf, I'm going to wait it out.

I have a similar Walmart stockpile I'm watching. Nine of them. $54.00

Another Walmart cleared these out at $25.00 last year before I was savvy on this scene. I'm hoping for a similar markdown, at least to something to the tune of $30.00 which is what a lot of Ghost Trains in my area hit from $54.00.

I had an endcap that looked just like that, if those sets go down to just a couple bucks, i'm buying a bunch and parting them out.   Between the new horse, female figure, and pink bricks, spending just a couple bucks on that set is a pretty good deal. 

I thought about the same thing. with hundreds of this sets sitting on the end caps, they maybe a chance it will go to 70% off. I took a picture of one end cap, but there are two end caps full of this particular set. Wonder if the store ordered wrong.

Made a few stops on the way to the beach at 2 KMarts and 2 Targets.

KMart -

2 x City Police Patrol Car - $5.00

Target -

2 x TMNT: Shellraiser - $29.98

2 x Fire Chief Car - $6.48

2 x Superman: Black Zero Escape - $13.48

1 x Friends: Stephanie's Cool Convertible - $10.48

3 x Friends: Mia's Bedroom - $6.92

3 x Friends: Olivia's Speedboat - $6.92

I did see a LOTR: Mines of Moria for $55 and a few others at 33% and 15% off.  I tried to grab up the 50% off stuff I saw, but didn't pass on those small Friends sets to use for Christmas quick flips.  One weird thing, at a TRU across the street there were two Ninjago: Destiny's Bounty sets still in good condition.  They were priced $99, so it wasn't cost effective for me to buy them at that cost (especially since I got a couple for $37.50 each last year).  If TRU runs a BOGO next week, I'll try to stop by on my way back through and snag those with my 20% off coupon and maybe a couple more Millenium Falcons.

One target had Hobbit:  Attack of the Wargs at 15% off, but neither had any Monster Fighters marked clearance.  All were at full price.

I did finally pick up the KISS Kreo set for $4.98.

I made a Target run today based on my luck at a local Target on Friday. I purchased so much that I don't have an organized list yet.

I did notice, though, that the sets on clearance at each store were very random. Each of the 5 stores I stopped at had different sets on clearance, which was nice since none of the stops were a waste. I also noticed that some new sets were clearance priced (Galaxy Squad) as well as older sets (Sponge Bob).

The best Targets to find clearance deals are the smaller, older Targets in mid to lower-income cities. The big bustling Targets in well-to-do cities had very few clearance selection - mostly due to lots of space and a LOT of traffic from consumers.

I stopped at a couple of Walmarts to check them out but absolutely no clearance or sale anywhere to be seen.

Found the big Castle set today for $69.98. I only picked up one, just because. I'm still not sure how these new Castle sets will do?

They have had that set on the shelves for like 3 weeks. Why on earth would they clearance it? That is the strangest thing to me. I would buy a couple for sure at that price.

They have had that set on the shelves for like 3 weeks. Why on earth would they clearance it? That is the strangest thing to me. I would buy a couple for sure at that price.

I have no idea either??? I'm not the first person who's found this set on clearance at Target already.

Found the big Castle set today for $69.98. I only picked up one, just because. I'm still not sure how these new Castle sets will do?

I think they will do pretty well. Castles and bigger buildings seem to do well. Also my Wife is a more casual Lego observer and she really liked these sets. To this date, sets she has liked have done really well.

Hmm, one of the boxes I just bought yesterday sure sounds like there are loose parts falling all over the place, and though one of the boxes' corners is a bit dinged, it doesnt look like the box has been tampered with. Is it really easy to repackage an open box???

You know that feeling when you find a Helm's Deep on clearance for $91 and you get all excited because it is the first one you have even seen in your area and then you get an aisle or two over and you realize that it was repackaged and you shake it to hear all the loose parts moving around in the box?  Yeah, now so do I. :cry:

Oh well, at least I found TMNT heaven.  At least 15+ each of 79103 and 79104 at %50 in a bustling store with kids crammed everywhere and no one even looking at them.  Come on %70. :drool:

I noticed that the box was in pretty good condition but they put tape all the way along the side of the box.  It was a very good job because there tape was smooth.  I also noticed that the clearance tag was across the barcode instead of on the front of the package.  That red tag across the bar code said repackaged along the bottom of it, but I was too excited at the price to notice it at first.  Then I heard the loose pieces.