**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

Guest eightbrick

Lone Ranger ... its going to be a hit ... period

Maybe. I guess we should all just wait and see...

Back on topic, haven't noticed anything on clearance at my local Canadian Target. That said, since most of the stores have just opened, I doubt we will be seeing much of anything up north. Good luck to all the deal hunters, and share your finds here - I want to drool on my keyboard!  :D

Lone Ranger ... its going to be a hit ... period

These. Sets. Can't. Lose. Because there is too much interest among all of us and they are just sweet. Of course I know there are a few people who aren't hot on them but with no western theme since 1996... seriously. They're awesome. I'll be buying at least one of all of them and about 20 of the Calvary builder set for myself.

These. Sets. Can't. Lose. Because there is too much interest among all of us and they are just sweet. Of course I know there are a few people who aren't hot on them but with no western theme since 1996... seriously. They're awesome. I'll be buying at least one of all of them and about 20 of the Calvary builder set for myself.

I have to say, I think the Silver Mine set is the sleeper. I hardly see it at any stores that seem to be carrying the rest of the sets. Also, same box size as The Burrow! :money:

The Silver Mine has one of the most oddly shaped/sized box I've seen. I'm used to varying sizes but that one is unlike your typical set.

As for the theme, I still think having the two main characters in every single set is a detriment. Now the sets themselves are good overall, but they could have done better if the heroes were in just a couple or better yet featured different versions. It reminds me of how the two main characters in the Time Cruisers line were in every single set save for the smallest one. It gets really wierd having six or more Lone Rangers walking around. That many isn't very 'Lone' now, is it?

• Like 1

I like how the main characters are in every set. I wish they would do the same for Star Wars sets though in reality that isn't possible. Maybe just put main characters in affordable battlepacks instead.

They tried this for Star Wars, it's called the Death Star set. :thumbsu:

I'm not sure if this is sarcastic or not, but 10188 has 24 figures.  10143 has none, in true UCS form.

I can't tell either... BP data says 22, but my LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary is saying 24. I think BP data is saying that the interrogation droid and mouse droid are not minifigures, since they have more pieces than the conventional minifigure, plus they don't have a torso/leg/head layout.

post-5354-0-92696800-1372873203.png

post-5354-0-73847600-1372873295.png

I can't tell either... BP data says 22, but my LEGO Star Wars Visual Dictionary is saying 24. I think BP data is saying that the interrogation droid and mouse droid are not minifigures, since they have more pieces than the conventional minifigure, plus they don't have a torso/leg/head layout.

Shouldn't they count the trash monster as a minifig?  :rofl:

I checked out a Target today to see if, perhaps, since Thursday is a holiday this week they might adjust their clearance items a day early.  I did find many things that had gone to 50% off after being at 30% this last week.  No Legos on any sale whatsoever, but the Orc Forge tag reappeared on a shelf.  Hmmm.

I am thinking the clearance won't really get going until after the 4th weekend...lot of shopping going on so they will likely not do deep discounts until the holiday has passed.  My target suddenly had VC's and Helm's deep re-appear so I am keeping the fingers crossed that they will be on clearance soon :P

Difficult to see but that says $67.98, which makes it about a 15% discount.

Apparently they've started discounting LEGO, albeit only a couple of select sets. At the store I went to today they also had Hero Factory 6231 marked down, but again only 15% ($29.74). There were no Friends items on clearance

I didn't bite on either of these because I have several of both that I found previously at much lower prices.

If these last to the 30% and 50% markdown stages then they'll be worthwhile picks. Hopefully Orc Forge, the Friends sets, and some of the City sets are put on clearance as well.

I apologize for not having a lot of detail, but here are the numbers of sets on clearance at a local Target. My wife called me and rattled off a lot of numbers, at some point she stopped reciting prices however nothing was more than 30% off. There may be some inaccuracies here, please just use this as a rough idea what is coming. I will try to add some detail like set names in a few minutes.

These weren't on clearance yesterday.

79001 $68

9463 $14

9468 $70

6869 $49

6138 $21 Duplo

6171 $20 Duplo

3816 $14

3817 $17