**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

I also got to see the next wave LOTR in the box. Very nice. I feel like this whole wave will do well.

I would happen to agree. From the boxes to the builds, these are just more aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Not saying the 1st wave was ugly by any means; only that the entire 2nd wave stands out more so than the prior sets.

Those Hulks Helicarriers and Quinjets just stare at me at retail price, laughing.

I know. Gosh, it's annoying how they sit there mocking you. I so want that Quinjet! (Wicked awesome parts!)

There's two Quinjets at a Walmart by me for 30.00 a pop, but the boxes look like they've been through hell.

I may pick them up and try to exchange them at another Walmart for better boxes.

Ouch. I've had one Battle at Helm's Deep at Walmart stuck in clearance for a month or two and it was still full retail each time I scanned it, the box was beaten up, and two seals on one end were barely hanging on by a thread. Needless to say I never bought it but guess someone else did. Eh, you win some, you lose some.

Ouch. I've had one Battle at Helm's Deep at Walmart stuck in clearance for a month or two and it was still full retail each time I scanned it, the box was beaten up, and two seals on one end were barely hanging on by a thread. Needless to say I never bought it but guess someone else did. Eh, you win some, you lose some.

Do any of these retailers discount for damaged merchandise? I asked the cashier at Walmart for one when I bought a MF Ghost Train with a box that had one of the side flaps completely torn off (this was the last one on the shelf). The part of the flap that had the tape on it was still there and the cashier said that since the contents were still there in the box it would still cost the sticker price. I bought it anyway, since I wanted to keep one to build myself.

Black Gate has the mouth of Sauron and the council has a new Elrond and Liv Tyler, so people are going to want these sets for the figs if nothing else. Might see a lot of mouths of Sauron on EBay though if people decide to expand their Black gates and sell off the fig.

I have an Alicia Silverstone custom, so this will finally make my Aerosmith "Crazy" MOC complete.

Don't use this as gospel, but I think the official Black Friday sale starts on July 12.

Whether they discount toys prior to this remains to be seen. I thought the general consensus was either the first Thursday or Friday they mark toys down 30%, and then further mark downs occur in weekly succession, so the next Thursday would have 50% markdowns, and then the following Thursday would be 70% off.

I have not read Dan Brown's "Inferno" yet although it does pique my interest. I just remembered how in the first part of the "Divine Comedy" where Dante goes through the Nine Circles of Hell, and had a quirky idea that maybe the Mouth of Sauron could fit within one of those scenes built from Lego like a diorama.

The book was a little too "Old World" for me and I didn't finish reading it, but the video game was decent. I agree that he could probably fit in as a character in that universe. 

Do any of these retailers discount for damaged merchandise? I asked the cashier at Walmart for one when I bought a MF Ghost Train with a box that had one of the side flaps completely torn off (this was the last one on the shelf). The part of the flap that had the tape on it was still there and the cashier said that since the contents were still there in the box it would still cost the sticker price. I bought it anyway, since I wanted to keep one to build myself.

If you ask to speak to the manager you'll likely get them to knock 10% off.

I swung by a Target on the way home. A TON of toys on clearance at 30% off. Both on end caps and in the regular aisles. No Lego yet though - only one Duplo "First Farm" set marked from $25 down to $18. Also didn't see any new stock on the shelves, and no Orc Forges.

The book was a little too "Old World" for me and I didn't finish reading it, but the video game was decent. I agree that he could probably fit in as a character in that universe. 

The Divine Comedy was written all the way back in 1321. I think that pretty much qualifies it as very "Old World" to the point of ancient and farting dust. :lol:

Did you watch the anime based on the video game released at roughly the same time? You had different sections animated by various artists; It was pretty amazing.