**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

If I find these in my area, I may bite on a couple, if it's cheaper than Amazon. But I'm thinking most won't live to see the days of 50% off. A VC for 50 would be really nice though. 

I'm sure a Target near me will get a VC to this price point. I've already scored four at 50 average though, so I'm comfy there.

I'm interested in what they put to clearance. I'd love to score some Friends sets for my little girl as opposed to investing.

At my Target right now. Basically everything mega bloks is clearanced and nothing Lego. The tiny Creator sets are marked down to 5.94 from 6.99, and they have two mines of moria for 55 a pop. That's it. VC's and all other MF and 1st wave LOTR full price.

Difficult to see but that says $67.98, which makes it about a 15% discount.

Apparently they've started discounting LEGO, albeit only a couple of select sets. At the store I went to today they also had Hero Factory 6231 marked down, but again only 15% ($29.74). There were no Friends items on clearance

I didn't bite on either of these because I have several of both that I found previously at much lower prices.

If these last to the 30% and 50% markdown stages then they'll be worthwhile picks. Hopefully Orc Forge, the Friends sets, and some of the City sets are put on clearance as well.

FYI

MOM is $62.99 on Target's website: http://www.target.com/p/lego-lord-of-the-rings-the-mines-of-moria-9473/-/A-13959467#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=mines+of+moria

The store across the street from me has so much lego clearance they put it in 4 different sections. Quinjets, MF trains, goblin kings, VCs, MOM, quite a bit of city, spongebob and many more. Unfortunately the discounts kinda suck right now. Only 15 to 30% off the retail prices, with the best items getting only 15. Will have to keep an eye on this store. I am checking out about 5 more s stores tommorrow. Good luck with your hunting everyone.

The store across the street from me has so much lego clearance they put it in 4 different sections. Quinjets, MF trains, goblin kings, VCs, MOM, quite a bit of city, spongebob and many more. Unfortunately the discounts kinda suck right now. Only 15 to 30% off the retail prices, with the best items getting only 15. Will have to keep an eye on this store. I am checking out about 5 more s stores tommorrow. Good luck with your hunting everyone.

I wish I had that. You only got to play the waiting game and you'll score well. 

Difficult to see but that says $67.98, which makes it about a 15% discount.

Apparently they've started discounting LEGO, albeit only a couple of select sets. At the store I went to today they also had Hero Factory 6231 marked down, but again only 15% ($29.74). There were no Friends items on clearance

I didn't bite on either of these because I have several of both that I found previously at much lower prices.

If these last to the 30% and 50% markdown stages then they'll be worthwhile picks. Hopefully Orc Forge, the Friends sets, and some of the City sets are put on clearance as well.

Just checked both of the Targets in my city today and saw the same price for MOM.  The only other clearance was Galaxy Squad Bug Obliterator.  The discount was slight on that one so far too.

What I found to be curious was that neither store had the sets on clearance endcaps.  They were on the regular shelf, but with red "Clearance" tags alongside where the regular price is.  Now I know not to be looking exclusively at the endcaps anymore for these upcoming deals.

So are ya'll finding these clearanced sets in a clearance aisle or endcap, or are they just sitting in the regular lego section? The one Target I went to today, the MoM's were just sitting amongst all the full-priced items but there was a red "clearance" tag marked on the shelf below them and each set had a red sticker indicating the 55.98 price. No lego's were on the clearance endcaps, but a ton of mega bloks were.

I found two stores that had the clearance items amongst the regular priced items and one where they were jumbled across 4 eisles with the big clearance signs in front of them. I think the latter is the outlier, as they had tons of all kinds of toys. Barbies marked from $11 to 3.50 and about every mega lock you can imagine. The end caps I am seeing are the geonosian cannon and droid escape, but always at full price.

Hit up another Target in the area and they had some surprising clearance items (these were clearance tagged, not just a temporary markdown):

76001 The Bat Vs. Bane Tumbler Chase for $28 - Retail: $40

76009 Superman Black Zero Escape for $14 - Retail $20

79104 The Shellraiser Street Chase for $30 - Retail $60

75003 A-Wing Starfighter for $17.50 - Retail $25

75013 Umbaran MHC (Mobile Heavy Cannon) for $35 - Retail $50

75004 Z-96 Headhunter for $35 - Retail $50

Unfortunately I'm not in a very good position to invest a whole lot right now, so I wasn't able to buy out everything. :/ I did end up grabbing a 79104 as it seemed like the best deal.

They also had 2 Battle of Helm's Deep sets in the Battle for the Black Gate slot. I almost had a heart attack before I realized they weren't $60 each.

They also had 2 Battle of Helm's Deep sets in the Battle for the Black Gate slot. I almost had a heart attack before I realized they weren't $60 each.

Ha ha. I think we have probably all experienced something like that before.

My target had 4 sets marked down. Mines of Moria (9473), X-wing Starfighter & Yavin 4 (9677), Jedi Starfighter & Kamino (75006), and a Hero Factory set. They were only marked down 15%. Monster Fighters sets were not marked down. I think I'll wait a while and see if any additional markdowns occur.

Same sets and discounts at my Target earlier today.

So are ya'll finding these clearanced sets in a clearance aisle or endcap, or are they just sitting in the regular lego section?

The ones I saw were in their regular spots and typical aisles for me.

I posted in the "Chicago/IL-Area Forum" thread, but I saw the Series 3 Planet sets for $8 per, not great, Mines of Moria for about $100, and scored a 44000 Hero Factory set for $10 which is 50% off. The rest of the clearance was only about 15-25% off. Also the Quinjet was about $7 off.

I would note that all of the SpongeBob sets have a clearance tag on them. End of the theme?

Pretty much the same story at the 3 I went to today. All 3 had MoM marked down, 15% at two places, and 30% off at the other. Only one of them had The Bat vs. Bane Tumbler - I was kind of surprised to see that. Looks like things are just getting warmed up.

I was suprised I found a store with about 10 of these at $27.98. Everywhere else has 3 or less at retail.

I would note that all of the SpongeBob sets have a clearance tag on them. End of the theme?

Yes. Far as Brickipedia is concerned, the entire theme for Spongebob Squarepants is done and over with. Say goodbye to the little yellow square as he heads back to his pineapple under the sea for the very last time. :bye:

Yes. Far as Brickipedia is concerned, the entire theme for Spongebob Squarepants is done and over with. Say goodbye to the little yellow square as he heads back to his pineapple under the sea for the very last time. :bye:

:( That's too bad. The theme was growing on me, so much that I wrote an article on it. :(  :bye: Farewell SpongeBob.

:( That's too bad. The theme was growing on me, so much that I wrote an article on it. :(  :bye: Farewell SpongeBob.

In all fairness, the theme had a run of about seven years which is pretty good all things considered but there doesn't seem to be much left to design anymore without redoing an older set.

My Target got some big Star Wars (Malevolence) sets on clearance, some creator (even new one aka Tree House), LOTR, Heroes, MF sets and City.....for now 30% OFF....I am waiting for at least 50% OFF in next couple weeks....and I hope 70%. I can post #s if u interested....

I'd go ahead and pull the trigger on a VC, Helms deep, Orc Forge. Just me though.