3x 31003 (Creator red rotors) @ 10.48

2x 31006 (Creator speedster car) @ 17.48

2x 31002 (Creator super racer) @ 10.48

1x 10656 (First LEGO Princess) @ 6.98

1x 3818 (Bikini Bottom) @ 34.98 + 20% off

2x 60008 (City Museum) @ 48.98

2x 76005 (Marvel Spiderman Daily Bugle) @ 34.98

1x (Galaxy Squad Bug Obliterator) @ 55.98

Most of these I've had my eye on for a while, just waiting for a price drop of some kind. Yay!

So I saw a bunch of these in mine. What do you think as investments about the creator sets? And the city ones? I just wasn't sure it was worth the capital.

I was in my target tonight and I asked if they had anything in the back, I was told no, that everything was out already.  I don't really believe that, can't imagine all of the Helm's Deep's Disappearing at 130.  

Also, the little red label you see on the bottom right/left of the aisle means that it will be reset at some point soon.  I'm a former employee, and it's one thing I remember, haha.  I don't think that this clearance will be spectacular around me though, because it will be so picked over by the time the sale hits a nice price.

Also, the little red label you see on the bottom right/left of the aisle means that it will be reset at some point soon.  I'm a former employee, and it's one thing I remember, haha.  I don't think that this clearance will be spectacular around me though, because it will be so picked over by the time the sale hits a nice price.

Ha, I wondered what that was, and why the Tie Fighter set in the corner in each Target isn't on clearance. :-)

So I saw a bunch of these in mine. What do you think as investments about the creator sets? And the city ones? I just wasn't sure it was worth the capital.

I like the City sets in general, but partially under the principal of "buying what you like". The Creator small sets I have decided personally I would rather save the capital for a larger set. Unless they get to 70% off....I don't see the upside in a random car or plane.

The City sets for me are like buying S&P500 index funds....safe investments but little chance at huge returns.

I was in my target tonight and I asked if they had anything in the back, I was told no, that everything was out already.  I don't really believe that, can't imagine all of the Helm's Deep's Disappearing at 130.  

Did my sweep of my local Bay Area Targets, absolutely nothing on clearance (unless you count MOM for $67, which I certainly don't)!

However, I did notice one kinda strange thing, hence the quote from Spencer above. At one of the stores they all of a sudden had about 30x of 30111 "The Lab" polybags, and a full 120 count box of CMF Series 9 (and I was just there yesterday and these weren't there, so this was definitely just barely put out). But, as I said, nothing on clearance. Both The Lab and the CMF were full price. Boo. I really hope they make it to some kind of clearance.

So, I think this definitely lends some credence to the statement that they keep stuff in the back, because I know for sure they didn't just get a shipment of 30111s and CMF Series 9. That would make no sense.

-PB

I buy for me, for collecting, and for parts. I'm really not interested in re-selling. I build, build, build and wait, wait, wait, for any discount!!!

I buy for me, for collecting, and for parts. I'm really not interested in re-selling. I build, build, build and wait, wait, wait, for any discount!!!

Same here. I'm a builder and collector; not an investor. :senile: And I w-a-i-t so long for discounts with all fingers crossed.

I'm starting to think it will all be a non-event around me. Not much is on sale and what was marked down is only 15% and cleared out. I mean really, $5.00 off Uruk Hai Army and people buy them out as if it were 70% off!

It will be an epic event if anything even makes it to 50% off in my area. The first Target to mark anything to 30% off in my are had 3 MoM's for 55.98 and they all sold at that price. Don't feel alone. 

It will be an epic event if anything even makes it to 50% off in my area. The first Target to mark anything to 30% off in my are had 3 MoM's for 55.98 and they all sold at that price. Don't feel alone. 

People don't recognize that you can pay these prices already on Amazon.  15% off is really not a big deal at all.

• Like 1

I agree that some of the discounts aren't incredible.  It's all about your local area and if you are the only game in town aside from just general collectors and parents that don't see great deals and take what they can get since they are already at the store.  My area discounts haven't been that great, but if I didn't have any MoM's already I would pick some up at 30% since I probably won't see anything better.  Here is hoping for the best.

Did my sweep of my local Bay Area Targets, absolutely nothing on clearance (unless you count MOM for $67, which I certainly don't)!

However, I did notice one kinda strange thing, hence the quote from Spencer above. At one of the stores they all of a sudden had about 30x of 30111 "The Lab" polybags, and a full 120 count box of CMF Series 9 (and I was just there yesterday and these weren't there, so this was definitely just barely put out). But, as I said, nothing on clearance. Both The Lab and the CMF were full price. Boo. I really hope they make it to some kind of clearance.

So, I think this definitely lends some credence to the statement that they keep stuff in the back, because I know for sure they didn't just get a shipment of 30111s and CMF Series 9. That would make no sense.

-PB

Yah. I saw several of The Lab polybags at my Target in the middle of nowhere in the middle of April or something. The ones that I saw were marked "AS IS" and they were around $0.95 per, but with tax it was over a dollar. Still nice deal for a polybag. Not sure why your Target would still have these at full price. I believe several other members have had experiences similar to this.

• Like 1

People don't recognize that you can pay these prices already on Amazon.  15% off is really not a big deal at all.

This is the sole reason that Toys R Us stays in business. People don't do research and a "clearance" that brings an inflated price tag back down to MSRP sounds very appealing when the "discount" is in the realm of $30 off.

This is the sole reason that Toys R Us stays in business. People don't do research and a "clearance" that brings an inflated price tag back down to MSRP sounds very appealing when the "discount" is in the realm of $30 off.

Equivalent to: "Come on down and get in on this amazing deal...Buy a Hot Dog for $28,995...AND GET A FREE CAR!!!"

There are two Targets near me, but 25 miles apart from each other. Each store has different stuff marked as clearanced and is sold out. I think I'm going to purchase at full price from one store and get the price adjustment at the other. If they don't want to give the adjustment at the 2nd store then I'll just return them and I'm only out time + fuel.