**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

Found the big Castle set today for $69.98. I only picked up one, just because. I'm still not sure how these new Castle sets will do?

There was a post similar to yours the other day about a random Castle set on clearance.  I have been checking every one of those end caps that they have set up with the Coast Guard and Castle sets on them, but so far no luck.  Great Find.

A local target pulled a Lego 7937 SW sith Nightspeeder out of the back today. Didn't come up when scanned so they put "AS IS" $3 on it. I bought it.

evidently "AS IS" means sealed and mint.

Gonna build it.

I got stuck buying a couple things with an "As is" sticker on it. That creeps me out because the first thing that pops into my head is it could have been a return and used. I understand it only means you can't return the item soon as you leave the store but still.

On a side note, I have started seeing 'previously owned' games at my Target stuck right next to the brand new ones. Since when did they start carrying used video games? :blink:

Has anyone ever had a set that was sealed from the outside but the inside baggies were opened? The set I have sure sounds that way, I'm a little worried?

I would pay close attention to the seals on the outside. Is the OEM tape clear or cloudy/hazy in appearance? If hazy I would suspect it has been opened and tampered with. If clear, then maybe a fluke or there are pieces in that particular set that aren't packaged by LEGO. Like you see with train car bases and tracks. If you have a nearby LEGO store perhaps you can take it there and have them look at it or be present when you open it? I've thought about doing this very thing with a Vampyre Castle that my wife picked up that just sounds too "busy" inside when you shift the box. I'm 99% sure it has the right heft to it, I'm probably just being paranoid.

I would pay close attention to the seals on the outside. Is the OEM tape clear or cloudy/hazy in appearance? If hazy I would suspect it has been opened and tampered with. If clear, then maybe a fluke or there are pieces in that particular set that aren't packaged by LEGO. Like you see with train car bases and tracks. If you have a nearby LEGO store perhaps you can take it there and have them look at it or be present when you open it? I've thought about doing this very thing with a Vampyre Castle that my wife picked up that just sounds too "busy" inside when you shift the box. I'm 99% sure it has the right heft to it, I'm probably just being paranoid.

I think it would be a cool feature to add to this site to have weights of boxes and breakdowns of poly bags so you could confirm the contents of sets. I've bought some used collections with lots of sealed polybags and it'd be nice to have a breakdown so I can sell things as complete.

There was a post similar to yours the other day about a random Castle set on clearance.  I have been checking every one of those end caps that they have set up with the Coast Guard and Castle sets on them, but so far no luck.  Great Find.

Yeah, that was me! They had three, I grabbed them all. I thought that would be a one off, but it looks like could be a bigger mistake that I originally thought!

I think I will definitely build one, even though it's an easy build intended for younger builders, it will still look awesome on the shelf (if I can find room)!. The box is super heavy. It's just under 1000 pieces, but most of those are the wall pieces, drawbridge, base plates etc. Quite a good value from a MOC perspective!

I hope to find some more!

Yeah, that was me! They had three, I grabbed them all. I thought that would be a one off, but it looks like could be a bigger mistake that I originally thought!

I think I will definitely build one, even though it's an easy build intended for younger builders, it will still look awesome on the shelf (if I can find room)!. The box is super heavy. It's just under 1000 pieces, but most of those are the wall pieces, drawbridge, base plates etc. Quite a good value from a MOC perspective!

I hope to find some more!

I might go back today and get the remaining 3.  My wife is already complaining to me that we won't have enough room to pack everything up to head home from the beach.

• Like 1

The SB sets at my Target aren't clearanced yet, so I was able to use that 20% coupon on a Glove World set.

I believe that you can stack the savings with the coupon because the fine print doesn't say anything about excluding clearance. It only "doesn't work" when you have a very stubborn Target manager who refuses to let you use it. 

I believe that you can stack the savings with the coupon because the fine print doesn't say anything about excluding clearance. It only "doesn't work" when you have a very stubborn Target manager who refuses to let you use it.

Oh darn it. Well I'll just have to print out another coupon and cross my fingers they go on clearance later this week!

In my own instance the coupon scanned without a problem at all with the clearance price scanning properly.  No managers assistance needed.

In my own instance the coupon scanned without a problem at all with the clearance price scanning properly.  No managers assistance needed.

Where's the link to said coupon? They are on clearance in my area. Does it only work on one item or as many as you want?

Where's the link to said coupon? They are on clearance in my area. Does it only work on one item or as many as you want?

http://coupons.target.com/printable-coupon/kczfeo Go to the bottom where it says 20% off LEGO SpongeBob item > Select to Print > Print Selected Coupons. You need to have something called a Cataina Savings Printer download to print it out.

• Like 1

My target also had these for that price. Not sure how much lower it will go before they get taken though, crossing fingers.

Typically Target discounts "cap out" at 50% on LEGO before they are sent back to the company.

This does depend on your local store's management, though, as well as how the market in your area gobbles up clearance. It obviously has to last long enough to see a bigger discount.

Typically Target discounts "cap out" at 50% on LEGO before they are sent back to the company.

This does depend on your local store's management, though, as well as how the market in your area gobbles up clearance. It obviously has to last long enough to see a bigger discount.

Allthingstarget confirmed in an earlier article that the highest discount you would see would be 50%, but in this more recent article the story is a bit different:

http://www.allthingstarget.com/2012/06/15/target-70-off-toy-clearance-coming-in-july-2012/

I'd say time will tell....I'm doubtful that LEGO would stick around long enough to hit 70% off...

Allthingstarget confirmed in an earlier article that the highest discount you would see would be 50%, but in this more recent article the story is a bit different:

http://www.allthingstarget.com/2012/06/15/target-70-off-toy-clearance-coming-in-july-2012/

I'd say time will tell....I'm doubtful that LEGO would stick around long enough to hit 70% off...

As I said, it's really up to the management's discretion past 50% here. It may be that these bi-annual sales allow for steeper discounts, but typically year-round, yes, 50% off MSRP is the cap.

Which is why I frequent Walmart clearance vs. Target most of the time.

2x 3183 (Friends Stephanie's convertible) @ 10.48

2x 3937 (Friends Olivia's speedboat) @ 6.92

4x 5766 (Creator log cabin) @ 21.24

2x 79104 (TMNT Shellraiser street chase) @ 41.98

1x 7288 (City mobile police) @ 31.48

2x 31009 (Creator small house) @ 21.24

3x 31003 (Creator red rotors) @ 10.48

2x 31006 (Creator speedster car) @ 17.48

2x 31002 (Creator super racer) @ 10.48

1x 10656 (First LEGO Princess) @ 6.98

1x 3818 (Bikini Bottom) @ 34.98 + 20% off

2x 60008 (City Museum) @ 48.98

2x 76005 (Marvel Spiderman Daily Bugle) @ 34.98

1x (Galaxy Squad Bug Obliterator) @ 55.98

Most of these I've had my eye on for a while, just waiting for a price drop of some kind. Yay!

I have the Target app on my phone and received a notification today for a "preview" of their Second Black Friday clearance sale which according to the app is supposed to be July 12-13th.

Of course this is more FYI than anything else but I will be there.