**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

Stopped at Target on my way home from work today.  Picked up the last Daily Bugle Showdown they had for $34.98 + 5% RED card discount, and 2 Creator Transport Choppers for $17.48 each  + 5%.  They had probably 6 of those left, so I'll keep an eye out and see if they make it to 70%.  Lots of empty spaces on the shelves.

On a side note, I stopped at a Kmart yesterday...they had Legos, MegaBlocks and Lincoln Logs all mixed on the shelves together.  Unreal.

The more I read this thread, the more I hate the Target stores near where I live.  :notfair:  

Went to 5 Target stores today and absolutely nothing, not even any decent Lego sets at 15% discount, let alone 30%.

Don't feel too bad. So far all I found was two sets remotely on sale. A Mines of Moria for $55 and The Hobbit game for half off. That's it. Still better than nothing, eh? Nowhere near what everybody else is finding though.

This was me!

37201-Carlton-dancing-gif-I2pZ.gif

I love that! :danced:

Talked to a few toy dept mgrs. today at Target and they confirmed that their system was down nationwide today and they couldn't mark down any toys, give out rainchecks or use the system at all.  One manager said they will probably wait until next week to do it and the other said he had no idea. 

I bet TLG called the Target corporate office and told them not to mark down their product anymore or they would be "blacklisted".  :laugh:

Talked to a few toy dept mgrs. today at Target and they confirmed that their system was down nationwide today and they couldn't mark down any toys, give out rainchecks or use the system at all.  One manager said they will probably wait until next week to do it and the other said he had no idea. 

I bet TLG called the Target corporate office and told them not to mark down their product anymore or they would be "blacklisted".  :laugh:

I hit 3 Targets this am while the system was down. No additional mark downs. On my way home this evening,I hit the same 3 stores. 2 had done further mark downs. 1 didn't.

One of the 2 that had the mark downs did not change the price stickers on any of the sets. I am so glad I started scanning the sets. Some of my highlights were

5 VCs @ $49 each

7 Log Cabins @ $18 each

2 Bikini Bottoms @ $14 each

2 Quinjets @ $34 each

• Like 1

I drove 1 1/2 hrs to go shopping today and both targets had the same scanner/system down issues. Ill try again tomorrow(spending the night). I did have luck at Walmart, I actually spoke to toy dept mgr and she said they are now starting to do major markdowns on lego, she then asked me what sets I was interested in and she began marking them down right in front of me. Most Star Wars were 30-33% off. She got off at 5 and told me to come back tomorrow and she would have more marked down. I will load up hopefully tomorrow! She said they had over 1000 mark downs in her dept. jabbas palace was marked down to 64.00, but they were out of it!

Man I have been waiting for those to go lower than 30% here.  Gene Simmons rules xD .

I bought some of those too for $3. 

My wife got 2 Quinjets for $35 each, Mirkwood spiders for $15 Lastnight.

I picked up 4 Hobbit Games for $11 each. Anyone have an opinion how the games will do now that they are canceling the entire line?

I did have luck at Walmart, I actually spoke to toy dept mgr and she said they are now starting to do major markdowns on lego, she then asked me what sets I was interested in and she began marking them down right in front of me. Most Star Wars were 30-33% off. She got off at 5 and told me to come back tomorrow and she would have more marked down. I will load up hopefully tomorrow! She said they had over 1000 mark downs in her dept. jabbas palace was marked down to 64.00, but they were out of it!

I was wondering if and when Walmart would start their own Summer sales. Thanks for that info, Msudawgs56.

I picked up 4 Hobbit Games for $11 each. Anyone have an opinion how the games will do now that they are canceling the entire line?

I'm not sure how the line as a whole will perform in the secondary market seeing how badly they sold when available in the primary one, but it seems The Hobbit game has a decent chance of earning some value due to the license tie in perhaps. In any case at $11 each, I think you did real good.

I picked up 10 games 75% and 50% off too. Gonna part them out.

Walmart told me they had a national list from corporate for markdowns to get ready for Christmas. But, they can begin marking down at their discretion. So I guess the markdowns are coming for everyone but may take a longer in some places. I went to 4 walmarts and only 2 had any savings.

Hitting Targets again shortly, will report back!

I was wondering if and when Walmart would start their own Summer sales. Thanks for that info, Msudawgs56.

I'm not sure how the line as a whole will perform in the secondary market seeing how badly they sold when available in the primary one, but it seems The Hobbit game has a decent chance of earning some value due to the license tie in perhaps. In any case at $11 each, I think you did real good.

Honestly I would avoid the games like the plague. Unless you are after the unique parts in the set, it isn't something you will see big returns on.

Looking for a quick flip. Listed for $30 and will probably make $8-10 each is better than leaving them on the shelves. Speaking of leaving them on the shelves they also had the City Alarm game which I didn't buy at 70% off. I think since the Hobbit popularity is really just beginning it has a good chance of selling for enough of a profit.

FREE MONEY. Very nice pickup. There are a bunch of Caps and Werewolves sitting at one of my targets. They are at 30%. When they go to 50% I am gonna buy.

There are close to 50 Caps.

All my caps are gone everywhere. I managed to trick myself into buying about 8 at $9 at Walmart over the course of the last couple months.

All my caps are gone everywhere. I managed to trick myself into buying about 8 at $9 at Walmart over the course of the last couple months.

I got lucky. They were on a clearance end cap.  Probably something they found in the back.  I would have paid $9 a piece for them, if not more! Great find! One target near me still has a damaged one at full price.  Actually it has a clearance price on it with the original price being $16... and new price at $13.  Not the best Target.

I got lucky. They were on a clearance end cap.  Probably something they found in the back.  I would have paid $9 a piece for them, if not more! Great find! One target near me still has a damaged one at full price.  Actually it has a clearance price on it with the original price being $16... and new price at $13.  Not the best Target.

Most of mine didn't clearance that much - they don't have any room at all for the new star wars sets.

I need a bit of advice on something.  What is your take on 10656?  I see it for $5 USD.  I bought 4 so far.  Its not really talked about, and it feels like it treads between castle and friends.  The brickpicker value is great but not a lot of sets are being sold. 

FINALLY!  i know it isn't the "best" found this month or last but it was nice to finally leave a Target with SOMETHING Lego on clearence.

9 MF Werewolfs $9.98 each
9 MF Vamp Hearse $17.48 each
1 Marvel QAB for $34.98. I had two but gave one to a child with mom :)  I would have gladly gave a Hearse or Werewolf but her son wasn't interested.

I missed out in 5 Orc Forges for $32.xx.  

Surprisingly the Monster Frankenstein set is still retail as were 2 Ghost Trains and 2 Helm's Deep.

Some guy found them before me and was bragging when he saw my cart. I mumbled "tool" under my breath.

So many mothers  were looking at me during checkout. One even stopped by and asked what I was buying.  Maybe they all thought I'm handsome and what a closer look at yours truly. :super:

post-3743-0-99164900-1375456067_thumb.jp

post-3743-0-63287100-1375456091_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I hit up three Targets near me and managed to grab a few sets at 50% off. The werewolf, spongebob, nothing really exciting. The most amusing part was that I had a temporary receipt for my new target card for the 5% off and the barcode would not scan. Each teller had to call a supervisor and they each eventually had me pay using whatever method I wanted and they entered a corporate coupon for the discount. Not one of them was able to accurately calculate a 5% discount. Not sure which amused me more, the girl who completely failed and gave me 10% off or the girl who properly calculated the 5% (around $5) only to have the supervisor enter $7 off. They all apologized and said, I hope you get your new card soon" to which my thought was, I hope it gets lost in the mail and I can continue to get the benefits of poor math skills. (ok, it would have been the 10% if it weren't at the store that I only spent $15 at.)

I hit up three Targets near me and managed to grab a few sets at 50% off. The werewolf, spongebob, nothing really exciting. The most amusing part was that I had a temporary receipt for my new target card for the 5% off and the barcode would not scan. Each teller had to call a supervisor and they each eventually had me pay using whatever method I wanted and they entered a corporate coupon for the discount. Not one of them was able to accurately calculate a 5% discount. Not sure which amused me more, the girl who completely failed and gave me 10% off or the girl who properly calculated the 5% (around $5) only to have the supervisor enter $7 off. They all apologized and said, I hope you get your new card soon" to which my thought was, I hope it gets lost in the mail and I can continue to get the benefits of poor math skills. (ok, it would have been the 10% if it weren't at the store that I only spent $15 at.)

I worked in a Walmart deli my first year of college. Some of my coworkers had such poor math skills that when a customer would request say 2/3 pound of sliced meat, they would ask THE CUSTOMER if that was more or less than half a pound. God bless America. 

• Like 2

I worked in a Walmart deli my first year of college. Some of my coworkers had such poor math skills that when a customer would request say 2/3 pound of sliced meat, they would ask THE CUSTOMER if that was more or less than half a pound. God bless America. 

Try this with your average cashier: Buy item(s) costing $14.25 (after tax).  Pay with a $20 bill.  Once they punch the numbers in, hand them a quarter that you just found in your pocket.  Watch the horror and/or confusion on their faces.