**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

Since this is a Target Post, A good investment money maker are the Mega Bloks Halo Big sets, Target has the Rhino Set half Price $42.99 I got 14 of them, Toys R Us still wants $90 for them, but the Big halo sets are the good ones. I been buying and selling the Mega Bloks Sets for a few years now, and do pretty good on them. So for $42.99 its a good deal. Ed

34glyja.jpg

as you said I picked up 3 of them for  :thumbsup:  :shocked:  :twitch: 25.00 each....lets see how its play out with me.

Went by Target tonight for some other stuff and went through Lego aisle.  New sets are out---notably no Sail Barge.  New Chima sets look pretty darn awesome I must say.  Out of the blue, Helms Deep is back on shelf at full retail.  Even more out of blue, Millenium Falcons were on shelf.  I've been going to this Target forever and these haven't been there in a long while---not a good sign. Clearance looks to be over here.

Road trip tomorrow for work. I'll be hitting several Targets, Walmarts, and Kmarts on my way back Saturday. I don't get out this way often, so I'm hoping for some good finds! :) Based on what people are seeing at Target lately, though, I have my doubts.

you should have some luck at walmart. walmart has been a treasure trove this past week. my wallet is still feeling the pain, but I am going out for more tomorrow! you just can't beat the summer clearance.

as you said I picked up 3 of them for  :thumbsup:  :shocked:  :twitch: 25.00 each....lets see how its play out with me.

I think at 25 they are solid.  I saw them on Amazon for 61.00 with free shipping and returned one I had.  It's going to be a while before these have a return since Amazon has the price beat I got it at, at 42.

When I was using the app do a clearance item, it wasn't showing the clearance price. Anyone else have that problem?

You don't get any prices by location in the Target app.

what kind of prices are you guys getting for Unexpected Gathering at your Targets?

Went by Target tonight for some other stuff and went through Lego aisle.  New sets are out---notably no Sail Barge.  New Chima sets look pretty darn awesome I must say.  Out of the blue, Helms Deep is back on shelf at full retail.  Even more out of blue, Millenium Falcons were on shelf.  I've been going to this Target forever and these haven't been there in a long while---not a good sign. Clearance looks to be over here.

The new Star Wars display is sick with all those 2013 minifigures.  The clearances are over with only a couple heroes factory leftovers, and all the tags are up even though it's not stock with the items yet.  Looks like the older big sets Falcon, Jabba and Helm's Deep will be definitely be at full price for Xmas.

If i find my local Targets with fully stocked shelves of Monster Fighters and Orc Forges, I'm borrowing a baseball bat from their 'unsporting goods' section. Think DeNiro in The Untouchables to those Lego boxes.

Just kidding Mods.

Ok, ok. I went to my local Target store today. Even stopped at the 'sporting' goods dept first. Surprisingly, all Monster Figters were GONE. Not one set left. Heck, not even the Crazy Scientist and Ghost Trains which they didn't even discount during the clearance sale.

Anyway, it seems they have been holding out on some sets though (M.Falcon, Lone Rangers, Super Heroes, Helm's Deep. SW The Mal...)

So I took a few pics.

Disclaimers : No boxes were damaged during my visit.  no matter what i do, that one pic displays as up-side-down.  Then again, maybe I was scaling the shelves (like Gollum)  while taking it.

post-3743-0-71786800-1376076380_thumb.jp

post-3743-0-36105300-1376076403_thumb.jp

post-3743-0-45996400-1376076997_thumb.jp

you didn't think lego wasn't going to make sure that they made enough Monster Fighters to get through the Holidays, and it makes me wonder more if the vampire's castle is going to be Target's Black Friday lego sale item.

A distinct possibility.  It would be interesting to see how it sold, considering it will be after Halloween, and the VC has gone hit affordable prices quite often.  Then again, black friday deals aren't all they are cracked up to be.

you didn't think lego wasn't going to make sure that they made enough Monster Fighters to get through the Holidays, and it makes me wonder more if the vampire's castle is going to be Target's Black Friday lego sale item.

hi Ed.  so you think they (Target) are keeping those sets in the back while some,of their stores are putting it out for sale now?

hi Ed.  so you think they (Target) are keeping those sets in the back while some,of their stores are putting it out for sale now?

If I'm not mistaken, stores don't keep them in the back, but instead in a warehouse?  

It depends.  Last year's sale of The Black Pearl for $70 or $75 was sweet.

The black pearl was an exception.  But most sets had been available at, or cheaper then what they were being offered at before black friday.

Now I have no idea what going to be Targets Black Friday sale set, but for the 5 last years or so target has always had a $100 set on sale, at first they were $50 each the AT AT, year or so after that it was the Imperial Shuttle for $50 then they went to $60 2 years ago with the Troll Fortress and one other off the wall set, last year it was the Black Pearl for $74.99. I hope they don't have the Castle, I have 68 of them now, really don't want anymore, And it seems like they are rolling in lots of falcon's and Helm's Deep at Toys R US, and Target might be next.

FINALLY!  i know it isn't the "best" found this month or last but it was nice to finally leave a Target with SOMETHING Lego on clearence.

9 MF Werewolfs $9.98 each

9 MF Vamp Hearse $17.48 each

1 Marvel QAB for $34.98. I had two but gave one to a child with mom :)  I would have gladly gave a Hearse or Werewolf but her son wasn't interested.

I missed out in 5 Orc Forges for $32.xx.  

Surprisingly the Monster Frankenstein set is still retail as were 2 Ghost Trains and 2 Helm's Deep.

Some guy found them before me and was bragging when he saw my cart. I mumbled "tool" under my breath.

So many mothers  were looking at me during checkout. One even stopped by and asked what I was buying.  Maybe they all thought I'm handsome and what a closer look at yours truly. :super:

Ha ha...first thing I noticed on your receipt was "Kinex....$2.98".  Come on man, at least sensor that out of there, kids are on this site! :)

You don't get any prices by location in the Target app.

The new Star Wars display is sick with all those 2013 minifigures.  The clearances are over with only a couple heroes factory leftovers, and all the tags are up even though it's not stock with the items yet.  Looks like the older big sets Falcon, Jabba and Helm's Deep will be definitely be at full price for Xmas.

I saw it today as well. Very cool.

ha.  That was the Beatles set. 

I didn't see the Beatles set or I would have picked it up. Did buy a few of the same sets of Kiss for friends (can't stand them myself)

Had some success on my road trip, but only at Walmart.  No Legos at all on clearance at Target (as others have been finding as well).  Kmart had several sets on "clearance" -- a whopping dollar off normal prices.  What a joke.  But, at Walmart, I picked up a couple Desert Skiffs for $17 ea, Unexpected Gathering for $49, Riddles for the Ring for $7, Olivia's Treehouse - $13, Stephanie's Cool Convertible - $11, Superman vs Power Armor Lex - $13, and an Excavator Transport for $30.  Also stopped at a Toys R Us that was on the way.  Love how their clearance prices are still higher than retail!  I feel for the parents that don't realize just how overpriced their stuff is!