**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

Try this with your average cashier: Buy item(s) costing $14.25 (after tax).  Pay with a $20 bill.  Once they punch the numbers in, hand them a quarter that you just found in your pocket.  Watch the horror and/or confusion on their faces.

Better yet.  Try paying with change...  You want to talk about horror...

• Like 1

I worked in a Walmart deli my first year of college. Some of my coworkers had such poor math skills that when a customer would request say 2/3 pound of sliced meat, they would ask THE CUSTOMER if that was more or less than half a pound. God bless America. 

Sad but true.  However, not everyone has the privilege of an education, good parenting, and / or common sense.  another factor is having the drive to succeed.  I pity the people that have / had chances but didn't care (e.g. my half-brother).   At least mostly everyone has a place in society and the job market to help out.

note: this reply isn't directed toward you.  it is just the sad truth.   i also don't intend to throw this thread off subject.  just  wanted to express my 2 cents.

Big, big haul today...

2x 3865 LEGO City Game - $5.98

4x Vampire Hearse - $17.48

2 Mirkwood Spiders - $14.98

2x Glove World - $9.98

2x Flying Dutchman - $12.48

1x Prisoner Transport - $9.98

1 Heroic Heroes of the Deep - $8.64

2x Creator Highway Speedster - $7.48

1x  Hobbit Game - $10.48

1x LR Cavalry Builder Set - $3.88

:D Very satisfied...

• Like 1

FINALLY!  i know it isn't the "best" found this month or last but it was nice to finally leave a Target with SOMETHING Lego on clearence.

9 MF Werewolfs $9.98 each

9 MF Vamp Hearse $17.48 each

1 Marvel QAB for $34.98. I had two but gave one to a child with mom :)  I would have gladly gave a Hearse or Werewolf but her son wasn't interested.

I missed out in 5 Orc Forges for $32.xx.  

Surprisingly the Monster Frankenstein set is still retail as were 2 Ghost Trains and 2 Helm's Deep.

Some guy found them before me and was bragging when he saw my cart. I mumbled "tool" under my breath.

So many mothers  were looking at me during checkout. One even stopped by and asked what I was buying.  Maybe they all thought I'm handsome and what a closer look at yours truly. :super:

Nice Haul!!!!

I picked up two of the Vamp Hearse at the same price. Store inventory shows 4 more, but someone must have hidden them well.

Not all of us are able to get LEGO's that cheap. Besides...is 50% off not satisfying to you?

If I were going to build it 50% would be ok. The fact that so many targets have the Hearse still around for 50% scares me. Of all the Target Lego clearance items, it seems the Hearse is the least popular (perhaps MOM). I have to think I could spend $400 (24 hearse)  on something else and make more money.

If I were going to build it 50% would be ok. The fact that so many targets have the Hearse still around for 50% scares me. Of all the Target Lego clearance items, it seems the Hearse is the least popular (perhaps MOM). I have to think I could spend $400 (24 hearse)  on something else and make more money.

yup.  many seldom see lego sets at 50% off. 

Judging by the number of Hearse left in his area (24), I think meowingthings has some room to be a bit picky.  If there is a good chance the price could drop to $10 then a little gamble should bot be a problem at all.

Judging by the number of Hearse left in his area (24), I think meowingthings has some room to be a bit picky.  If there is a good chance the price could drop to $10 then a little gamble should bot be a problem at all.

At least in Phila and the burbs, all reduced MF sets are moving super fast. The only reason MF are still around is because people aren't into "spooky " during the spring and summer.

With that many on the shelf, I think you have some time to get greedy with it.  I would wait on it.

OK, today I did a sweep to the same 5 Target stores I went to yesterday, absolutely nothing, nada, zippo... Pretty disappointing day.  I even tried pick a few sets to the scanner, they all show retail price.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day for me, because we will be heading for a trip to Lake Tahoe, which is the opposite direction of the 5 Target stores I go to regularly.  Looking at the map, I think I can stop by 8 Target stores on my way.  Could be more but I don't want to upset my wife :twitch:

I will let you guys know how it goes when I get back.

Most of the Lego sold at 15% around here and then it went straight  to 50% off...skipped 30 altogether? Anyway, got a pretty decent score between 2 targets today,

10 MF Werewolf @9.95

3 MF Vampyre Hearse @17.98

4 Spongebob Glove Wolrd @ 11.48

6 Heroic Heroes of the Deep @ 10.48

4 Flying Dutchman @ 12.48

1 7347 Highway Pickup @ 38.99

Nothing wonderful but this has been a weird year for clearance in my area so I'll take it.

the only thing I found throughout this entire "event" was 2 mirkwood spiders this morning for $15 each. I did see 3 spongebob glove worlds for $10/each as well, but I left them for somebody else. im not a big fan. otherwise, everything else is still at full retail or already sold out. very disappointing, but there are quite a few solid deals at my shopkos that should be getting dropped further in the near future. congrats to all who scored heavily.

OK, today I did a sweep to the same 5 Target stores I went to yesterday, absolutely nothing, nada, zippo... Pretty disappointing day.  I even tried pick a few sets to the scanner, they all show retail price.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day for me, because we will be heading for a trip to Lake Tahoe, which is the opposite direction of the 5 Target stores I go to regularly.  Looking at the map, I think I can stop by 8 Target stores on my way.  Could be more but I don't want to upset my wife :twitch:

I will let you guys know how it goes when I get back.

I do this too, but yes, the wife makes me moderate my stops.  Especially now more than ever with the kids...