**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

Guest eightbrick

Target Forest Lawn, Calgary.

Picked up

Lego 9493 2 @ $31.49 each.

Lego 4204 3 @ $59.99 each

Lego 9473 2 @ $49.99 each

Half price off Canadian retail, and all of them 'in the money' according to Brickpicker.

Saw a crap pile of Orc Forges at $24.99.  Too bad I got 20 of them already.  Went back a couple days later and they were all gone.

Target is awesome.

Nice! I rarely venture into Forest Lawn because my family is under the impression I will get mugged or something. Now look what awesome deals they made me miss! Besides, Calgary is really safe. Have you checked out any of the others like Chinook or Market Mall? I saw some OF's at Chinook for retail when it opened.

I think he wanted this to be a Canadian Target thread. The link doesn't work for me anyway, but I'm assuming you are showing us the "official target july" thread?

Nice! I rarely venture into Forest Lawn because my family is under the impression I will get mugged or something. Now look what awesome deals they made me miss! Besides, Calgary is really safe. Have you checked out any of the others like Chinook or Market Mall? I saw some OF's at Chinook for retail when it opened.

I think he wanted this to be a Canadian Target thread. The link doesn't work for me anyway, but I'm assuming you are showing us the "official target july" thread?

I hit all of them... and Red Deer too.  And the Walmarts, Strathmore, Olds, Crowsnest Pass.  You can find good deals out in Hickville or in Forest Lawn/Marlborough, the bigger sets just don't sell.  Going to Fort Mac this week, that should be an eye opener.

Yeah, this should have remained in the Canada forum.  Lumping the Canadian marketplace into the American with such a difference in MSRP doesn't work, plus clearances up north are a lot less common.

Targets in GTA (Toronto area for Canadians) are having some decent clearance for toys...got a cart full of toys for bdays and x-mas done :)  Lego specific there was Weathertop for $37 which makes me feel bad for buying at $60 in the spring when regular retail was $74.99 CAN.  Learning my lesson now to be a little more patient :)  Picked up a couple SW twin-pod cloud car/mini planets for $3 each too.  None of the other Lego stuff was on sale.   

Link won't work anymore because when I merged them it became a new thread number.  If someone wants to start a new Canada Target thread, that is fine.

Guest eightbrick

I hit all of them... and Red Deer too.  And the Walmarts, Strathmore, Olds, Crowsnest Pass.  You can find good deals out in Hickville or in Forest Lawn/Marlborough, the bigger sets just don't sell.  Going to Fort Mac this week, that should be an eye opener.

Keep us updated!

I just walked through a Target and found the toy section in the midst of a complete reconfiguration.  The bulk of the Legos were nowhere to be seen (probably in the back) but the Friends display was complete, with a new display case with the latest sets and nothing on sale, even the sets that were clearance priced  the last few weeks.  I found a couple of sets on clearance end caps, but they were still at 50% off and not sets that I am interested in, even at that price.  I was hoping for one more week of markdowns but I guess that the party is over, at least in my area.

My Target just replenished it's supply of Ghost Trains.  Full price again.  Would lead me to believe that this one will be around until October.

Every Target near me hasn't had them on sale since their 10% (or was it 20%) off all Monster Fighter Sale. Every store has a bunch at full price and one store had it already included in their new store set they were working on.

Every Target near me hasn't had them on sale since their 10% (or was it 20%) off all Monster Fighter Sale. Every store has a bunch at full price and one store had it already included in their new store set they were working on.

They reset the aisle at this one, no MF sets other than the Ghost Train.  Not sure if that means it's popular, or not?

I just walked through a Target and found the toy section in the midst of a complete reconfiguration.  The bulk of the Legos were nowhere to be seen (probably in the back) but the Friends display was complete, with a new display case with the latest sets and nothing on sale, even the sets that were clearance priced  the last few weeks.  I found a couple of sets on clearance end caps, but they were still at 50% off and not sets that I am interested in, even at that price.  I was hoping for one more week of markdowns but I guess that the party is over, at least in my area.

I have seen this at a Target near me that rarely has any discounts.  At least for this store, it seems the clearance time is officially over.

The Ghost Train has re-appeared around here at full price as well.  I wandered into a Target on Monday morning and they were rebuilding the toy section almost literally.  Shelves were coming down, entire aisles were empty.  I haven't been back to see the new setup yet though.  Summer clearance is definitely over.

They reset the aisle at this one, no MF sets other than the Ghost Train.  Not sure if that means it's popular, or not?

The Ghost Train has re-appeared around here at full price as well.  I wandered into a Target on Monday morning and they were rebuilding the toy section almost literally.  Shelves were coming down, entire aisles were empty.  I haven't been back to see the new setup yet though.  Summer clearance is definitely over.

One of the reasons why I did not stock up on the Ghost Train.  This is the only consistent set I have seen left from MF line at many stores.

Just cleared out a Toronto Target of all of their LOTR Attack on Weathertops. 8 of them at $38 Cdn ($40 US) each while MSRP up here is $70. Also picked up 4 of the Halo ice battleground sets for $14 each (MSRP of $45), which I mention here only because I intend to use them all for a sweet Battle of Hoth display.

Stopped at a Target today and also saw The Ghost Train at MSRP.  (It had been gone for a long time.)  In addition to that there were also Crazy Scientists and a couple of Helms Deep at MSRP (which hadn't been there before either).

I did pick up a Capt America cycle at 50% off.  Passed on several Werewolf sets at 50% since I have some.  If they go to 70% off, I'll get them.

It's Thursday again!  Well---now this was odd.  Went to my 4 targets today to see what was going on.  The 2 that I already hit (that had clearance) were fully reset--and the things that were on clearance, are now not--but still there--red stickers removed.   Went to the 2 that never clearanced anything and..........same...with a twist.  Both stores were also fully reset--but had all of last years sets---still not on clearance--they just made room for them. 

The twist though--as others have mentioned---monster fighters are back in all 4!  These stores were all out of the ghost train and castles for a long time.  The 2 with clearance sales--I took all their half off moster fighters stock.----so I know for a fact they had none--at least on the shelves.  Now all 4 stores are fully stocked with castles, trains, and all the small sets!  Even the hearse and warewolf are back in stock at full retail.  Heh?  What the heck is going on here?  Very odd.

Also--the new chima lion temple, and gorilla robot thing look awesome--I almost bought them for full retail.  Almost.

It's Thursday again!  Well---now this was odd.  Went to my 4 targets today to see what was going on.  The 2 that I already hit (that had clearance) were fully reset--and the things that were on clearance, are now not--but still there--red stickers removed.   Went to the 2 that never clearanced anything and..........same...with a twist.  Both stores were also fully reset--but had all of last years sets---still not on clearance--they just made room for them. 

The twist though--as others have mentioned---monster fighters are back in all 4!  These stores were all out of the ghost train and castles for a long time.  The 2 with clearance sales--I took all their half off moster fighters stock.----so I know for a fact they had none--at least on the shelves.  Now all 4 stores are fully stocked with castles, trains, and all the small sets!  Even the hearse and warewolf are back in stock at full retail.  Heh?  What the heck is going on here?  Very odd.

Also--the new chima lion temple, and gorilla robot thing look awesome--I almost bought them for full retail.  Almost.

I noticed the same thing today, cept no MF were on the shelves where I went.  I don't know what in the world is going on.  I did notice they didn't do a clearance isle this time though.  They did 5 end caps of toy clearances with no legos there.  This is frustrating.  And another week we wait....

Nothing left at my targets (partly my fault). Still a lot of Star Wars though. They haven't brought in the new stuff, but they don't have room for it at all.

When I checked my local target a couple days ago, there were no Lego sets on clearance, but they shelves were full of sets at retail price, and none of the new Star Wars sets were there. Then the next day I went to another Target. They had no sets on clearance, but they did have a lot of sets being moved to make room for the new sets.

Target is new to Canada and only opened up here in the past few months. We were less than impressed when it opened as prices were much higher than in US locations and were no different than Walmart, TRU, etc. But when it comes to clearance I must say they are the leaders up here. I have picked up a few sets at 50% off (especially 8 Attacks on Weathertop  for $38 each), which percentage is unheard of for lego at Canadian Walmarts of TRUs in my experience - they would typically do 30% at best. Looking forward to more deals in the future, eh.

I think the clearance is done around me.  Aisles have been restocked.  Anything that is for sale is full price.  There's a couple endcaps of crap, but the sets that a sane investor would buy are retail.  The Helms Deep sets never went on sale, neither did the Falcon, TIE, Gungan Sub, Warg Attack, etc., etc., etc.  I've had way more luck at Walmart that Target for the famed clearance sale that was supposed to happen.  I did get some good deals, but didn't see anything extraordinarty either.