**Official** Target July and August Clearance Deals

nolanfan34

I just came back from one of my local Target's, which had only two MF Trains left. I said screw it and bought it because the $52 price point + additional 5% saves you on tax.

Same went for the Hobbit Goblin King set, which came out to $64, so not bad!

I just picked up 4 Black Gates and 2 Pirates Ambush at Target's secret sale. Left behind some Helms Deep (maxed out on this set), Ghost Trains (have a few and not that high on the set) and Goblin Kings (Passed on it at $60 a few weeks ago. Don't like the set at all!).

Would have put this in the post above had I remembered, but at the local target I saw about 10 sets of the Squirrels Tree House poly bags still in the shelf for $4.99. Anyone think I should go back and officially make this set retired from the store? I'm not a big fan of the poly bags since the gross margins are so low.(is it worth my time to make a few bucks). Thoughts?

Would have put this in the post above had I remembered, but at the local target I saw about 10 sets of the Squirrels Tree House poly bags still in the shelf for $4.99. Anyone think I should go back and officially make this set retired from the store? I'm not a big fan of the poly bags since the gross margins are so low.(is it worth my time to make a few bucks). Thoughts?

Pass, go buy yourself a SH: Dynamic Duo Funhouse.

Today I found 2 Jaba Palaces brand new in box for $64 Each at Walmart FTW!. I recently started stocking up for the EOL. Sitting at 5 now winning! Anyone else have suiccess with walmart?

Yes, only 1 out of 12 Walmart around me had it on sale for 64.  The rest are still 119.  Some Targets had it for 63 last month. 

I am gonna have to check for the Pirate sihps and Black Gates tomorrow at target.

Here's a tip thats worked pretty well for me.

On the Target app search for one of the 2 sets. Under "add to basket" it says check for store availability. Obviously that will pull up the nearby stores showing "in stock", "limited stock" or "out of stock". I have universally found that it is the stores with "limited stock" that are participating in the secret sale. No "in stock" store that I visited had the sets discounted. Cause or effect? I don't know. But I've been to over a dozen Targets the past few days and they all follow this pattern.

• Like 3

On the Target app search for one of the 2 sets. Under "add to basket" it says check for store availability. Obviously that will pull up the nearby stores showing "in stock", "limited stock" or "out of stock". I have universally found that it is the stores with "limited stock" that are participating in the secret sale. No "in stock" store that I visited had the sets discounted. Cause or effect? I don't know. But I've been to over a dozen Targets the past few days and they all follow this pattern.

I also used the app for this sale, although I used the "find in another store function" once I was on the item and zoomed out over the map to give me a view of all of the stores in my region at once.  I found Coneil21's method of limited availability to be pretty reliable.  I only found one store that didn't follow that pattern, but that store has always been an outlier with pricing and clearances.

Another pattern I noticed were the stores doing clearance were the ones that had either shorter aisles or only one aisle for LEGO, Megabloks and other building toys.  Stores with full length aisles of LEGO on both sides didn't discount anything in my area.  Good Luck.

Good advice....thank you. I'd give you a "like", but I'm currently on the mobile site.

Guest eightbrick

Good advice....thank you. I'd give you a "like", but I'm currently on the mobile site.

I believe you can give likes on the mobile version by clicking the blue checkmark.

Hit up 3 Targets this morning and scored:

5 Pirate Ship Ambushs @$70

4 Blackgates @$42

The pattern stills hold for me. All of these stores had "limited availability" according to the app.

I also scored a bunch of black gates and a few ships this afternoon. The one store I posted about not having the discount despite having "limited availabilty" finally lowered their prices. All of the stores with limited space in my area have now been cleared. There is still a helms deep up north that I haven't had a chance to get to yet but I'm reluctant to drive over over 25 miles for one set.

Mine had one pirate ship but still at 99. They increased their stock of 65$ goblin kings but after i got some at 49$ from the Kroger sale its less appealing. I did pick up a few of the newer SW kits. 20% off is good enough for plsying with and my kids have been ogling the new figures.

I did see that target.com had lower prices on the lone ramger troopsn jedi skiff. Clones and droids so the cust svc desk painfuuuuuly matched the prices.

I am doubting prices will go lower before xmas. Maybe Black Friday but thats always a rat race i lose.